Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:28:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Well Done Leeds  (Read 14593 times)

bobbymax

• VSC Member
Re: Well Done Leeds
« Reply #60 on December 14, 2013, 09:56:29 pm by bobbymax »
I think you'll find there are many Rovers fans that also support Leeds. Nowt wrong with that in my view. It must be very sad limiting yourself to only one football team.
As the late, great Frank Carson would have said "That's A Cracker!"

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on December 14, 2013, 10:54:28 pm by PDX_Rover »
Leeds had success 40 years ago. Since then they've won exactly f**k all. Whereas we have had the most successful decade in our history.

So they beat us today. Big deal.

Let them have their 15 minutes of gloating. I know who the best run club is, with better facilities and better fans. And it's not the Champions of Europe. Laughable bunch.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on December 15, 2013, 01:21:32 am by IC1967 »
Leeds had success 40 years ago. Since then they've won exactly f*** all. Whereas we have had the most successful decade in our history.

Let them have their 15 minutes of gloating. I know who the best run club is, with better facilities and better fans. And it's not the Champions of Europe. Laughable bunch.

Your Maths are very poor. No doubt you've been educated whilst Labour were in power. Leeds won the league in 1991-1992. I make that less than 40 years ago. They also won the Community Shield the following year. I have to admit though, they have never won the Johnstone Paints trophy (a game that I was at I'll have you know).

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on December 15, 2013, 01:24:52 am by IC1967 »
With thread I'm interested to asked who should I vocally say I support or follow , well Its not Leeds  ,because I am from Kent so before the silly comment's I supported my Local side Ramsgater F.C, for many a youthful year, thou a fan of Chelsea since I was 7 yrs old. Answer is support the Club nearest to where you live don't be a glory hunter then it will a journey supporting the ups and downs 7 feel it in the community.

I've got to say I found it very hard to understand your post. In future I suggest you don't do any posts whilst you are under the influence of alcohol or other stronger drugs. We may then be able to understand what you are on about.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on December 15, 2013, 01:26:04 am by Filo »
Leeds had success 40 years ago. Since then they've won exactly f*** all. Whereas we have had the most successful decade in our history.

Your Maths are very poor. No doubt you've been educated whilst Labour were in power. Leeds won the league in 1991-1992. I make that less than 40 years ago. They also won the Community Shield the following year. I have to admit though, they have never won the Johnstone Paints trophy (a game that I was at I'll have you know).

You know what, I'm going to shock you here, so you'd better sit down, Leeds have never been champions of Europe! Despite the Leeds fans telling everyone they are the champions of Europe

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on December 15, 2013, 01:33:16 am by IC1967 »
IC1967 - I've read the sort of stuff you usually post on here. I think you're an idiot to be quite frank. I cant think for the life of me what you're getting out of this thread....

From what i've seen of your posts you see yourself as above everyone on here, intellectually superior and enjoy belittling the majority of posters. Please explain if you are above everyone on here, why you seem to so desperately need to get a reaction from rovers fans?

Is that it? you just want a reaction?

Im the same, I love getting a reaction out of people who I think are below me.

For the record I don't see myself as being above anyone. I'm sorry if I give the impression of being intellectually superior. I don't mean to, but I suppose you feel that way because you obviously think my posts are crafted in such a way that I must be extremely intelligent. In future I'll put in a few spelling mistakes and a bit of bad grammer if that makes you feel better. I'm not looking for a reaction. I'm just posting my honest thoughts and not being a sheep like most of the rest of you.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on December 15, 2013, 01:36:38 am by Donnybax »
What is success? Is it winning things? If it is then recently rovers are much more successful than Leeds. Play off winners- champions- JPT- play off winners- champions

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on December 15, 2013, 01:43:14 am by IC1967 »
Er, Leeds haven't always been in the championship or higher and there is nothing to suggest they always will in future.

You ignore the fact that Leeds is the biggest city in Yorkshire with the biggest fan base. There is also only one club in Leeds. All the other major cities tend to have more than one club (except Newcastle but they are nothing as a city compared to Leeds). If you check the league tables you will find that it is the clubs with the biggest fan base that rise to the top. Simple economics. Leeds will eventually regain their position as the pre-eminent club in Europe. As Yorkshiremen we should all be proud when that day comes about. Or are you all secretly Man Utd supporters?

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on December 15, 2013, 01:47:49 am by IC1967 »
What is success? Is it winning things? If it is then recently rovers are much more successful than Leeds. Play off winners- champions- JPT- play off winners- champions

And I'm genuinely very pleased that Rovers have done so well in recent years. However we all know that there is only one super power football club in Yorkshire capable of holding its own with any club in the world and that is Leeds. So stop supporting all those Lancashire clubs (especially Man Utd) and rally behind the White rose of Yorkshire and get behind Leeds. You know it makes sense.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on December 15, 2013, 01:51:08 am by Nudga »
Ic19whatever, I grew up in Balby surrounded by Blades, wendies, Mancs and liverpool supporters. I supported the Rovers only, when were really shit. Does that make me a sad individual for not following the Sheep's in my school (and please excuse the lack of question marks, the question mark button doesn't work). I'm really not getting why you post on here pretty frequently, usually about Government b*llocks, but then claim you are a f**kin Leeds supporter when they turn us over.

You Sir, are SOMETHING ELSE!

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on December 15, 2013, 02:01:33 am by IC1967 »
Look Nudga. You are not sad. You are very honourable if Rovers are the only team you have ever supported. However most of us that have supported Rovers all their life like me, also have supported a team in the First Division as it used to be known. For me it was Leeds. They were the best Yorkshire team so as a proud Yorkshireman I supported them. It made my piss boil that everyone else supported the team that was top of the league no matter if they were from Lancashire, or even worse from down South.

I know someone that was so fickle he used to support Leeds until Chelsea beat them in the FA Cup final so he started supporting them! All you Leeds haters need to get a grip. You are obviously not proud Yorkshiremen and are quite happy to support other non Yorkshire clubs. Shame on you.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on December 15, 2013, 02:06:18 am by IC1967 »
I supported the Rovers only, when were really shit.

I take it back. You must be a sad individual. Why would you only support Rovers when they we really shit? Why not support them during the good times? Surely supporting a club during the good times make s up for supporting them during the shit times? I'd get some help if I were you.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on December 15, 2013, 02:11:03 am by Donnybax »
So if a fan dislikes Leeds united they instantly become a Manchester United fan? What's that smell? Is it cow? No, it's bullshit.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on December 15, 2013, 02:20:44 am by IC1967 »
I think you'll find that most people in Doncaster are Man Utd fans. This is an absolute disgrace. Have they never heard of the war of the roses? What kind of parents have they had? it really makes my piss boil when they say they support Man Utd. Have they no brains? Do they think Manchester is in Yorkshire? Given the way education standards fell under Labour I bet most of them do.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on December 15, 2013, 02:27:39 am by IC1967 »
Anyway its time to put Sky sports 2 on and watch England give Australia a cricket lesson. The good news is I'll be back later on tomorrow after I've had a bit of a kip. Will probably be mid afternoonish. Till then, good morning.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on December 15, 2013, 03:01:52 am by PDX_Rover »
Oh yes. I missed that one trophy. Well done. Give them credit. They are the best football team. In Leeds.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on December 15, 2013, 03:05:20 am by PDX_Rover »
Apparently Europe extends to the boundaries of West Yorkshire only.

edwingray

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on December 15, 2013, 08:04:19 am by edwingray »
Don't get me wrong, I wish Hull from Humberside well. I just hate the fact that their manager used to play for Man Utd. Like all Leeds fans I have a pathological hatred for Man Utd.

Not all Leeds fans have a pathological hatred of Man U. The word itself implies an illness, so please don't make such sweeping statements.

Reading the reports from yesterday it sounds as though we rode our luck in the second half and were in parts outplayed, only managing to seal the game when Rovers pushed forward looking for the equaliser. Also sounds as though this game was won by Mcdermott being a tad better with the tactics. All this from the various reports on the Internet.

As for this not being a big game for Leeds, well that's b*llocks. It's always been a difficult game for us and reading the Leeds boards yesterday showed that many fans weren't feeling that confident. Admittedly, this season considering the relative league positions, it's a game we should win, if we are to be serious promotion challengers, but I have to admit I am genuinely surprised that Rovers are struggling this year. Honestly thought you'd do better.

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on December 15, 2013, 08:27:40 am by Wellington Vaults »
I'm surprised that IC1967 has managed to get so many bites tbh.  I can highly recommend, for an amusing read, a book called "The Timewaster Letters".  The author reproduces letters he has written to a weird and wonderful array of organisations, along with the sincere responses he receives when the recipients just don't cotton on that he is taking the p***.

it would appear that IC1967 owns a copy of that book.

However, it is also amusing to see detailed statistical analyses being prepared to demonstrate the lack of success of Leeds United in recent years alongside accusations of Donny Whites being " glory seekers".  As Doncaster Rovers have quite obviously won more trophies in recent years, a period that has has witnessed a significant rise in their support, geographical arguments aside, could  a significant proportion of their support be also classed as "glory seekers"?

Answers on a post card please.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on December 15, 2013, 08:33:10 am by Wellred »
I'm surprised that IC1967 has managed to get so many bites tbh.  I can highly recommend, for an amusing read, a book called "The Timewaster Letters".  The author reproduces letters he has written to a weird and wonderful array of organisations, along with the sincere responses he receives when the recipients just don't cotton on that he is taking the p***.

However, it is also amusing to see detailed statistical analyses being prepared to demonstrate the lack of success of Leeds United in recent years alongside accusations of Donny Whites being " glory seekers".  As Doncaster Rovers have quite obviously won more trophies in recent years, a period that has has witnessed a significant rise in their support, geographical arguments aside, could  a significant proportion of their support be also classed as "glory seekers"?

I don't think anyone has a problem with fans of a club in their home town jumping on the bandwagon when said club gets a bit of success.
You only have to look at our trips to Wembley and the Millenium stadium.
It is the ones who jump at the chance of following a successful team from elsewhere that many of us despise.
Maybe I should become an Arsenal supporter as they are top of the premiership? Then I can change my mind when someone else takes over in a month?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on December 15, 2013, 09:00:48 am by Bentley Bullet »
.....And then the glory hunting mercenaries have the cheek to ridicule their home town club, always banging on about its poor support. It is completely over their heads that it is they that are entirely responsible for it!

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on December 15, 2013, 09:24:39 am by duggiesmyhero »
3 words,
What a tosser,

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on December 15, 2013, 09:41:40 am by Bentley Bullet »
3 words,
What a tosser,

Thanks very much!  :blush:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on December 15, 2013, 09:49:19 am by Donnywolf »
Apparently Europe extends to the boundaries of West Yorkshire only.

Even in West Yorkshire the Terriers of Huddersfield have matched Leeds EXACTLY in terms of Division One (Top tier) Championships (3) and FA Cup wins (1)

Admittedly they did those a lot further back in years but hey Leeds last won the Division One (Top tier) title a long time ago too - many posters on here were not born then either !

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on December 15, 2013, 11:09:06 am by BigColSutherland »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GIQhk3eHvQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GIQhk3eHvQ</a>

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on December 15, 2013, 11:31:58 am by bobjimwilly »
I think you'll find that most people in Doncaster are Man Utd fans. This is an absolute disgrace. Have they never heard of the war of the roses?

You've obviously heard of the wars of the roses but have no understanding of the conflict. It wasn't Yorkshire v Lancashire, it was the House of York (Edward IV, Richard III) v the House of Lancaster (Henry VI, Henry VII). Yorkshire men would have fought for both houses, as would Lancashire men.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on December 15, 2013, 11:36:37 am by River Don »
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

CHAMPIONS OF PAINT!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on December 15, 2013, 11:39:05 am by The Red Baron »

Wasn't there a similar character called Henry Root?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on December 15, 2013, 11:43:49 am by Donnywolf »

We did but the ref decided otherwise

Yes but the Ref was correct.... the "Goal" Leeds thought they had scored was a mile offside  Good old Ref and good old Bayern Munich

I was cheering like f*** when the Ref disallowed it and in fact it probably was a cheer as heartfelt as today when we seemed to "equalise"

I have always disliked Leeds with a passion and only wanted them to win one game EVER and they duly did depriving Man U of the last ever Division One Title

I would like to correct this Alcohol affected post please

In fact I wanted Leeds to knock Man U out of the FA Cup a few seasons back when they were in the third tier so that would have to read 2 games above (sorry to all)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on December 15, 2013, 12:01:32 pm by River Don »
Er, Leeds haven't always been in the championship or higher and there is nothing to suggest they always will in future.

You ignore the fact that Leeds is the biggest city in Yorkshire with the biggest fan base. There is also only one club in Leeds. All the other major cities tend to have more than one club (except Newcastle but they are nothing as a city compared to Leeds). If you check the league tables you will find that it is the clubs with the biggest fan base that rise to the top. Simple economics. Leeds will eventually regain their position as the pre-eminent club in Europe. As Yorkshiremen we should all be proud when that day comes about. Or are you all secretly Man Utd supporters?

You ignore the fact there are half a dozen bigger and much better funded clubs in England, never mind Europe.

When Leeds last tried to break that hegemony they bankrupted themselves and we're cast back down the leagues. They were treated exceptionally leniently but they are still a long way from recovery.

All the while they remain in the lower leagues they are left behind and the gap grows ever wider.

For Leeds to ever attempt to reach the heights again they will need a sugar daddy with very deep pockets, or they could try bankrupting themselves again.

It seems to me Leeds have more in common with PNE than Man u.

Simple economics.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012