Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:58:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Premiership v Championship admission prices  (Read 1615 times)

RedRover45

• Forum Member
Premiership v Championship admission prices
« on December 19, 2013, 05:22:12 pm by RedRover45 »
Following on from a thread yesterday, I've tried to work out the difference in prices for admission to the away end if by some miracle we got promoted to the Prem. Its not an exact science but I think it's roughly correct.
For Rovers 23 away games this season, I make the total admission will be £548 which works out roughly £22 average.
For the purpose of the exercise I've used the  price it would cost a Hull fan to go to all their away games which I think is probably the nearest comparison.
For the 19 away games the Hull fans will be paying £654, averaging about £34.50 per game.
So bearing in mind there's four less games, you'll be paying roughly an extra hundred quid.
Might be of interest to you, might not, but I was a bit curious and had a spare hour to work it out.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 05:25:15 pm by RedRover45 »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Premiership v Championship admission prices
« Reply #1 on December 19, 2013, 06:59:20 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Cheers for working it out for us.

As one who is finding it difficult to balance the books now, should we get to the Premiership any time soon, I will have to budget very carefully before picking A Premiership away game.

However, by the time we're anywhere near the Premiership maybe the Twenty's Plenty campaign may have done it's job, Parachute money will have been abolished, Sky will have gone in to administration, football agents outlawed and offside will be offside!!     

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 20, 2013, 12:00:01 am by swintonrover »
If you look at it a different way, there are several grounds that we've been to loads, eg Swansea, Norwich. We've played more than half within the last couple of years. By my reckoning, the ones we haven't been to in the last 5 years are: Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Everton, Spurs, Man U, Stoke, Fulham and Sunderland. That's only half of the top flight of English football. If you'd have said that a decade ago, you would have been carted off to the asylum.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 20, 2013, 12:19:38 am by BobG »
That's a very interesting fact indeed  Swinton. Just shows doesn't it? We've come a long, long way.

And thanks too to RedRover for his foray into statistics. That's interesting as well.

BobG

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 20, 2013, 05:57:14 am by hoolahoop »
We are so far from being a Premiership outfit it's untrue. Interesting as they are , our opponents locally must be pissing themselves reading these type of threads.

Perhaps and please don't take this the wrong way ; an exercise on Division 1 'away' prices would be interesting given our current position in the FL ?

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 20, 2013, 05:45:19 pm by RedRover45 »
We are so far from being a Premiership outfit it's untrue. Interesting as they are , our opponents locally must be pissing themselves reading these type of threads.

Perhaps and please don't take this the wrong way ; an exercise on Division 1 'away' prices would be interesting given our current position in the FL ?
Fair enough Hoola, but you only need to have a 12 month memory span to remember from last season. I was only trying to look on it from a different perspective, unlikely though it is.

colin cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 21, 2013, 01:12:08 am by colin cramb »
An hour of your life completely wasted, an hour closer to death

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 21, 2013, 05:46:11 am by idler »
It can't be as pointless as the 90 minutes plus travelling time I wasted going to MK Dons last season.  ;0)

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 22, 2013, 10:38:24 am by RedRover45 »

Not really, I did it at work, so I was actually paid for the privilege of doing it ;-)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012