Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 12:55:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Reasons to be cheerful  (Read 2858 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Reasons to be cheerful
« on December 23, 2013, 03:05:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Part 1

Just having a quick gander at the league table. We sti have 9 of the current bottom 12 to play at home. Those will be the crucial games. Say 5 wins, 2 draws and two defeats from those games and we will probably need to get no more than another 10 or 11 points from the other 16 games to stay up.

Gentlemen. Gird your loins. It's going to be a long, hard run-in, but it is eminently do-able. And when we play these season-defining games against bottom half teams, for f**ks sake let's get behind the team and make the 12tb man.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

edlored

• Forum Member
Re: Reasons to be cheerful
« Reply #1 on December 23, 2013, 04:16:02 pm by edlored »
Couldn't agree more, if more people used their energy roaring the lads on, rather than wasting it squabbling on here what atmosphere we would have.

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 23, 2013, 04:30:19 pm by Albert Trousers »
Part 2

We are a lower League 1 sized club currently enjoying life in the Championship.
Reason enough to be cheerful.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 23, 2013, 05:34:19 pm by Colin C No.3 »
You've hit me with your rythm stick BST!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 23, 2013, 06:00:37 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The last piece of the jigsaw for survival in this league is a striker who will convert chances on a regular basis. Without one we are almost certainly down. As it stands now I don't feel confident of victory no matter who we're playing.

Sad really if we don't find one after all the good work in obtaining the likes of Turnbull and Wellens etc.

We were dead lucky to get back up into this league at the first attempt, and I doubt very much we'll find it so easy again, when the inevitable happens, and we're relegated.

If we don't find a goalscorer soon, all i can say is what a waste.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 23, 2013, 06:50:44 pm by graingrover »
Rhythm stick here too BST ... . We should first orchestrate this v Millwall . Any  ideas on actions?

I still believe we could do worse than adopt four or five rousing songs/ chants that the West Stand and South Stand choirs could take responsibility for organising .. possibly agreed and action planned on the forum. ?

On the plying side there are a LOT of positives to look forward to with the discovery of Forrester and the rediscovery of Jones, Husband and or Yun.
       The 12 th MAN idea is a MUST though. I offer £20 via VSC towards a huge 12th MAN VIKING FLAG .   

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 23, 2013, 07:06:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

What about signing this striker?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Sappleton

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 23, 2013, 07:15:32 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Not a very good CV has he, in fact it's not much more impressive than that of the forwards we've acquired this season!

Na Billy, we need someone like Billy!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 23, 2013, 07:23:29 pm by The Red Baron »
BB

What about signing this striker?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Sappleton

Billericay Ricky! Like it.

Could we sign a clever bloke called Trevor instead?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 23, 2013, 07:42:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Part 1

Just having a quick gander at the league table. We sti have 9 of the current bottom 12 to play at home. Those will be the crucial games. Say 5 wins, 2 draws and two defeats from those games and we will probably need to get no more than another 10 or 11 points from the other 16 games to stay up.

Gentlemen. Gird your loins. It's going to be a long, hard run-in, but it is eminently do-able. And when we play these season-defining games against bottom half teams, for f***s sake let's get behind the team and make the 12tb man.

Part 1 ? Save your breath or AT least your finger . I doubt I Can take much more of this type inane drivel . I recommend that the forum closes for the rest of the season and opens at the end , when it would have made sense
Of what has occurred .  Merry Xmas !

Grand. Toddle off then and leave those of us with some ballacks to support the team through to the end of the season and not moan like babbies every time we lose.

See you in August.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 23, 2013, 09:12:48 pm by RedJ »
Part 1

Gentlemen. Gird your loins. It's going to be a long, hard run-in, but it is eminently do-able. And when we play these season-defining games against bottom half teams, for f***s sake let's get behind the team and make the 12tb man.

Part 1 ? Save your breath or AT least your finger . I doubt I Can take much more of this type inane drivel . I recommend that the forum closes for the rest of the season and opens at the end , when it would have made sense

What exactly is drivel about it then? as opposed to what you post.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 23, 2013, 09:24:19 pm by swintonrover »
Part 3.

Every day that passes is a day closer to Ken Richardson shuffling off to depose Satan.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 23, 2013, 11:34:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
In PD's latest interview he seemed to be quietly confident of extending RW's stay and also Macheda, as well as hinting there could be additional arrivals.

Well, our season turned around on Boxing day at Forest a few years back.  Anyone up for a repeat performance!?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 24, 2013, 08:16:43 am by Wellred »
I think what everyone should remember is that this forum is the place where we can all be blindly positive/negative or whatever.
In the main it is just ROVERS SUPPORTERS expressing their opinions. If we didn't want the best for our club would we be here?
The time that really matters is when we are at the KMS on match days.
That is the time to put all our differences aside and get behind the team on the pitch.
Merry Christmas all.
Or should that be baaaaah humbug.  :scarf: :scarf:

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 24, 2013, 02:15:28 pm by RedRover45 »
Part 1

Why ? Do you need time away from the forum to revise for your English Language exams in the summer ? By the look of that post, you've got an awful lot of revision to fit in. Good luck, and leave us sensible posters on here to discuss the merits or otherwise of Rovers chances.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012