Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:21:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Doncaster station today  (Read 3264 times)

thornabyred

• Forum Member
Doncaster station today
« on January 29, 2014, 06:19:09 pm by thornabyred »
changed trains at Donny on way back from Sheffield today, the exits were cordoneed off and east coast were doing a very strict ticket check on everyone. caught a couple while I was going through to the shops.
Talking to the supervisor and it may be on again on saturday.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Doncaster station today
« Reply #1 on January 29, 2014, 06:29:26 pm by Donnywolf »
Too many people try it on ... I know some who travel to York Races and sit as far forwards as possible hoping the Ticket Collector does not make it to them in the 18 minutes or so ... and they usually don't

On local trains its the same ... Guard / TC has just TOO much to do so people travel for free most of the time ,,, and as usual the Fares for the honest people are rising to pay for the rest

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 29, 2014, 06:41:33 pm by Rios »
I've never understood why they don't have ticket barriers at Donny station.  The underpass is the ideal pinchpoint to check all tickets.  Frankly those that can afford to buy them and just chance it should have the same type of penalties levied against them that drivers who don't have insurance/mot's/etc do.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 29, 2014, 06:45:12 pm by Dagenham Rover »
  Help the job market
Bring back the ticket collector at the top of the stairs (along with his little sentry box)

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 29, 2014, 06:46:34 pm by andysly »
There used to be a ticket barrier at the top of the stairs going out but not for years now.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 29, 2014, 06:47:45 pm by andysly »
Small minded cost cutting. Make a job redundant save 15k a year and lose 150k in ticket dodging.

thornabyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 29, 2014, 06:51:55 pm by thornabyred »
well if I wanted to I could use my return from Sheffield to get me home on Saturday, no one actually clicked it between Sheffield and Thornaby and its valid for a month.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 29, 2014, 09:45:13 pm by Donnywolf »
Small minded cost cutting. Make a job redundant save 15k a year and lose 150k in ticket dodging.

Exactly !

On every "local" train in West Yorkshire they have 2 "Ticket Collectors and so maximise their takings

In South Yorkshire they have one poor overworked guy and on the journey to Thorne from Donny he has to oversee the doors at Kirky Stainy and then Thorne (+ anyone wanting Wheelchair ramps deploying) so how the hell can he cop all the people on the Train.

Answer - he cant and most people know he cant and travel again and again for free.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 29, 2014, 09:51:02 pm by swintonrover »
There were a couple of inspectors on the 22:15 to Sheffield last night, caught a couple of kids. One of em was surveying people, asking where they were going.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 29, 2014, 10:04:26 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Those barriers are up a lot particularly on match day I've noticed.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 29, 2014, 10:11:32 pm by River Don »
I was surprised they didn't install ticket barriers at Donny station when they put them in at Retford a few years ago.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 29, 2014, 10:17:03 pm by podrover73 »
Think that Donny is going to be upgraded in the future with ticket barriers to stop fare dodgers, not sure when it's planned for though

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 29, 2014, 11:09:10 pm by Draytonian III »
I was surprised they didn't install ticket barriers at Donny station when they put them in at Retford a few years ago.

Are you sure they are installed at Retford,perhaps andysly or Retford rover could confirm this
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:18:45 am by Draytonian III »

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 29, 2014, 11:12:45 pm by RedRover45 »
This brings back memories of when I was a bit naughty many years ago. I was travelling on a train without a ticket and the ticket collector was moving down the train a bit too fast for my liking. I then had a moment of inspiration. I knocked on the door of an engaged toilet, shouted I was the ticket collector and could the person inside slide their ticket under the door so I could 'click' it. They did so, and hey presto, RedRover45 had a ticket and moved further on up the train......I'll never get to heaven !

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 29, 2014, 11:17:58 pm by ditch_drfc »

Unless they've sprung up in the last two weeks, there's no barriers at Retford. And there haven't ever been!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 29, 2014, 11:29:50 pm by RedJ »
I've never seen any in the Doncaster station either, and I've used the trains to come into town on match days.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 29, 2014, 11:36:17 pm by donnievic »
Sod ticket barriers I need to travel on trains with my job and try and get away without paying as much as I can

thornabyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 30, 2014, 06:52:23 pm by thornabyred »
firm pay for my travel so always have to have a ticket but as my tickets from yesterday were not snipped and valid for 5 days I have a freebie on saturday.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012