Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 12:40:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dickov in...team Dickov  (Read 1688 times)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
Dickov in...team Dickov
« on March 02, 2014, 02:52:41 pm by Red Rover »
I personally still think he's the right man for the job. We are going through a bad run, and it's not all his fault the team isn't performing to their potential, look at David Moyes at Man Utd. There is a lot of lazy thoughts on here wanting him out coz we've lost a few games...nobody said the Championship would be easy. Important period coming up!  :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Dickov in...team Dickov
« Reply #1 on March 02, 2014, 02:59:37 pm by Filo »
Don't worry, once we avoid a defeat the knee jerkers will retreat into their shells until the next defeat

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 02, 2014, 03:01:11 pm by weststander »
I am not saying the manager should go but my biggest disappointment this season is the lack of consistency in our performances. Just when we look like we are turning the corner we put in a poor showing or two to put ourselves back under pressure. Not sure if it is the preparation that's lacking, the team selection/tactics which are not right or the players not executing the plan. Whatever the cause it needs fixing.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 02, 2014, 06:36:47 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
3 months left. Changing it gets us nowhere now. So we go til the season finishes.

Is he the right man long term? I'm not so sure as yet on that.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 02, 2014, 06:49:30 pm by River Don »
BFYP

I reckon he has to see the season out. If he fails to keep us in the division then I reckon maybe we should think again but if he keeps Rovers up, then he has accomplished his target and more than just a successful season, it would be a significant achievement. I'd be more than happy to back the guy for a second season if he delivers another season in the Championship.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 02, 2014, 06:57:42 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
And everybody seems to have forgotten about the continual attempts to destabilise the club from outside in the press this season. That can't have helped and hopefully we won't have that next season.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 02, 2014, 07:05:22 pm by River Don »
Glyn

Yes it's been an extraordinary season from that point of view. It's difficult to know how much of a distraction that was for the team but they have come through it and are still in the hunt.

That has disappeared into the shadows for sometime now, so I think we can judge the season since Christmas on the football alone.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 02, 2014, 07:27:23 pm by aidanstu »
I notice there is a real lack of Criticism of the players, it's not Dickovs fat wellens decided to get him self sent off which was the start of the bad run or billy for the same reasons. Because of the actions I both of these guys, the lack I form
Of cotterill, Bennett, sharp and Robinson injuries to forrester and Duffy are all costing the team. I'm
Not saying Dickov is blameless but he has got the team to play some great football at times this season and recently at that. I'll give him until next season to prove himself.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 02, 2014, 07:40:02 pm by River Don »
I notice there is a real lack of Criticism of the players, it's not Dickovs fat wellens decided to get him self sent off which was the start of the bad run or billy for the same reasons. Because of the actions I both of these guys, the lack I form
Of cotterill, Bennett, sharp and Robinson injuries to forrester and Duffy are all costing the team. I'm
Not saying Dickov is blameless but he has got the team to play some great football at times this season and recently at that. I'll give him until next season to prove himself.

He has to take the responsibility for the players, we backed him over the summer and Christmas, they're his players. And for the moments of good football, it has to be said there has been some less than good football.

If we do go down I'm not saying we definitely ought to replace him,  As I have said elsewhere it has to be taken into account that he is a young manager but we'd need to have a serious assessment of this season and have a good look at who else might be available.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 02, 2014, 09:34:03 pm by The Red Baron »
RD

Your measured approach is similar to mine. I don't believe it is time for knee-jerk reactions or too much doom and gloom. At the same time, some people on here seem to be going to the other extreme and trying to defend the indefensible.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012