Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:14:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Rate The Ref

0 - Totally Useless

Author Topic: Rovers v Watford -11/03/14- Christopher Sarginson  (Read 1711 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Rovers v Watford -11/03/14- Christopher Sarginson
« on March 03, 2014, 06:27:45 pm by The Red Baron »
Doncaster Rovers FC (First Team) v Watford (First Team)
Football League Championship
Referee: Sarginson, Christopher
Assistant Referee: Joyce, Ross
Assistant Referee: Storrie, David
Fourth Official: Meredith, Steven

LincsRover

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers v Watford -11/03/14- Christopher Sarginson
« Reply #1 on March 12, 2014, 12:13:44 am by LincsRover »
Can we have him every week? I'm sure the Watford fans would disagree but I thought he was great - I've never heard a ref cheered off the pitch at half time at the keepmoat! Definite red card for the kick out at husband (but seen them not given plenty of times), and likewise, in real time, I thought Johnston was getting sent off for his (quote sky sports report!) "rugby tackle" on deeney. Having seen the replay, I think it was a cracking decision - bloody good job mr sarginson, my highest score of the season for you!

:rtid:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 12, 2014, 07:50:54 am by Filo »
I thought the Ref did OK, but the West Stand lino was poor yet again. The sending off was definite for a kick out at Husband right under the lino's nose, the lino didn't even flinch, totally bottled any decision. The penalty incident for me was a stonewaller and should have been a red card, I'm sure the ref wanted to give the penalty and appeared to ask the lino about four times,again the lino didn't flinch. He missed a few offsides as well. So as steady as the ref was it's a 3 for me, his lino let him down badly

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 12, 2014, 08:51:09 am by jonnydog »
We should figure out a way to make these threads a collective rating of officials, whilst at the same time rating each official... I wager the west stand Lino would be averaging a 1 most games!! Always shite!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 12, 2014, 10:22:43 am by The Red Baron »
I haven't seen the Johnstone penalty incident again but it looked a stonewaller in real time- and a red card. He got the Watford red card spot on, though at first I wasn't convinced he'd seen it. He was generally rather inconsistent, though I felt we benefited from that. Maybe it was karma for the wrongly-awarded penalty that cost us a point at Watford.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012