Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:12:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Furman on SA v Brazil  (Read 4915 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: Furman on SA v Brazil
« Reply #1 on March 05, 2014, 11:01:52 am by Dare to dream! »
Is khumalo in the squad?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 05, 2014, 11:09:21 am by The Red Baron »
Yes he is. As they won't be back till Friday I think we may need to look at a new defensive pairing for Saturday. Meite and Tamas or maybe Meite and McCullough. The latter is also on international duty tonight, but he's in Lurgan, not South Africa!

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 05, 2014, 11:24:44 am by Dare to dream! »
I'd put Tamas at cb. Quinn at RB if he is fit

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 05, 2014, 11:30:29 am by DRNaith »
I'd like to see Enda Stevens get a run out on the left

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 05, 2014, 11:36:57 am by The Red Baron »
If Duffy's still out then I would play Stevens with Husband in front of him. In fact, it might be a better option as we'd then have a left-footed player in the wide position. As we saw against Barnsley, having Duffy cut inside all the time can be rather predictable.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 05, 2014, 11:49:36 am by Al4475 »
Doesn't it say something about how far we've come as a club over the last 15 years when we're discussing team changes as two of our players could be playing in an international fixture against brazil? Taking a poor recent run of form aside we're losing players to international fixtures and discussing replacing one of them with other established internationals like tamas! And the other one possibly playing against brazil is arguably a player who wouldn't be first choice in our 11 - there are times like these when I still have to pinch myself at the progress our club has made! Brilliant!

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 05, 2014, 11:53:49 am by Belle_Vue »
Well said AL about time some others got som perspective.  Maybe they never got to witness the likes of Justin Jackson to understand how far we have come

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 05, 2014, 11:56:07 am by RedJ »
Well said AL about time some others got som perspective.  Maybe they never got to witness the likes of Justin Jackson to understand how far we have come

I wouldn't use "get to" in that sentence. Nobody should ever "get to" witness a "player" of Justin Jackson's calibre...

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 05, 2014, 12:52:32 pm by RobTheRover »

To be fair, BV, even those of us who were going to games back then never got to witness that much of Justin "sicknote" Jackson.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 05, 2014, 01:14:21 pm by andysly »
I can't help wondering how a player can look out of his depth against Yeovil yet play against Spain and Brazil ?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 05, 2014, 01:17:05 pm by wing commander »
  I would agree with that..Bafana bafana must be struggling because I don't rate Furman as above league 1 standard myself....I'm not sure what he showed Dickoff at Oldham but I haven't seen it....

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 05, 2014, 01:27:05 pm by Donnybax »
I can't help wondering how a player can look out of his depth against Yeovil yet play against Spain and Brazil ?
He needs to be played as a breaking midfielder and not a holding one as Dickov plays him. When he breaks he can be an asset

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 05, 2014, 01:34:30 pm by VivaRovers »
I would agree with that..Bafana bafana must be struggling because I don't rate Furman as above league 1 standard myself....I'm not sure what he showed Dickoff at Oldham but I haven't seen it....

Aye Furman was pretty much non-existent against Yeovil... although not actually being on the pitch at any point probably hindered his performance somewhat.

At Bournemouth Furman was the one bright spark in the first half; breaking things up, winning the ball, setting counter-attacks (such as they were) going. And then at half-time Dickov took him off. Seemed an odd decision - I know Keegan and Wellens are generally first choice pairing, but you surely it makes more sense to lose one of the under-performing midfielders to try and keep Furman's confidence up. Incidentally, I met his parents on the train home after the game... safe to say they were similarly miffed at to what Dean has to do to not be the first man subbed/scapegoat.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 05, 2014, 02:51:20 pm by roversdude »
Thought Furman changed our season last year but this year he's been played in different role

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 05, 2014, 03:03:24 pm by andysly »

Aye Furman was pretty much non-existent against Yeovil... although not actually being on the pitch at any point probably hindered his performance somewhat.

At Bournemouth Furman was the one bright spark in the first half; breaking things up, winning the ball, setting counter-attacks (such as they were) going. And then at half-time Dickov took him off. Seemed an odd decision - I know Keegan and Wellens are generally first choice pairing, but you surely it makes more sense to lose one of the under-performing midfielders to try and keep Furman's confidence up. Incidentally, I met his parents on the train home after the game... safe to say they were similarly miffed at to what Dean has to do to not be the first man subbed/scapegoat.

I didn't mean Yeovil as literal. Can I change to Bournemouth, Barnsley etc etc. 😗

I agree about last season too, was a great asset, he and Lundstram pulled us through from midfield.

Theresonly1barrowrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 05, 2014, 03:04:09 pm by Theresonly1barrowrover »
I never got to see Jackson play for Rovers so I don`t know how good/bad he was, I did see him play for Morcambe V Rovers and that day he terrorised the Rovers defence, I think we lost 1-0

RTID

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 05, 2014, 03:20:56 pm by Belle_Vue »
If Jackson is up to date there are plenty more examples of how far we have come in the last few seasons, Neil Campbell's name could be thrown in

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 05, 2014, 03:32:21 pm by RedJ »
I'll see your Neil Campbell and raise one Denis Souza.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 05, 2014, 03:39:26 pm by The Red Baron »
I never got to see Jackson play for Rovers so I don`t know how good/bad he was, I did see him play for Morcambe V Rovers and that day he terrorised the Rovers defence, I think we lost 1-0

RTID

I was delighted when we signed Jackson, just as I was when we signed Carl Alford. Looking back, I think both had "jumped the shark" by the time we signed them.

I hope the same is not true of our latest striker saviour.  :s

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 05, 2014, 04:02:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Jumped the shark? They both played like they'd jumped into f**king bed and not bothered getting back out.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 05, 2014, 05:23:43 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The games on BT Sport 2. Khumalo is being stretchered off. :(

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 05, 2014, 05:33:06 pm by Dare to dream! »

Brilliant. That's Jones, Forrester and Khumalo out well on our way to another injury crisis

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 05, 2014, 05:36:33 pm by dknward2 »
Maybe we should try and get sat match abandoned

redrover10

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 05, 2014, 05:41:06 pm by redrover10 »
Tamas at cb Quinn tv we McCullough on bench

redrover10

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 05, 2014, 05:41:25 pm by redrover10 »
Quinn at rb

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 05, 2014, 05:41:43 pm by GazLaz »
Duffy, Quinn and Sharp back though from last week. We are better off.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 05, 2014, 05:45:21 pm by Dare to dream! »
Duffy is only resuming training back on Friday so probably won't start for Huddersfield maybe in the squad. Not sure with Quinn

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 05, 2014, 05:45:51 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Furman playing well.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 05, 2014, 06:24:36 pm by Filo »

Did it look serious?

We never seem to get any luck!