Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 06:55:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leeds takeover  (Read 27722 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Leeds takeover
« Reply #30 on March 14, 2014, 07:15:17 pm by normal rules »
Why is there an obsession on this forum about Leeds, their ticket prices, their owners. Does anyone really care?

People clearly do care. And to add balance to the leeds thing, hats off to forest for the prices this weekend. I shall be there, with my lad and three guests I am taking. And this is to watch rovers play a team who actually were European Champions once upon a time.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 14, 2014, 11:08:23 pm by BobG »
That is one absolutely intriguing, fascinating, idea Baz. It deserves a wider audience. See if someone will bite. I'd love to see an action started on that basis :)

Cheers

BobG

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 15, 2014, 08:42:07 am by Filo »
That is one absolutely intriguing, fascinating, idea Baz. It deserves a wider audience. See if someone will bite. I'd love to see an action started on that basis :)

Cheers

BobG

I like the idea, it would certainly focus the FL on the fit and proper persons test, I wonder if the FSF or Supporters Direct would be interested in that idea

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 15, 2014, 09:21:53 am by hoolahoop »
Usually all football supporters do care about issues or performances that do or don't affect their own club.
Having an interest in the affairs of the FL and a local club in the same Division strikes me as entirely normal.

Frosty what exactly is your problem with folk expressing an interest in Leeds United our friendly local team ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on March 15, 2014, 09:57:56 am by silent majority »

Cheers

BobG

I like the idea, it would certainly focus the FL on the fit and proper persons test, I wonder if the FSF or Supporters Direct would be interested in that idea

We're currently working on a new paper expressing our disappointment with the Owners & Directors test, and suggesting alternatives, stronger regulation, and a more joined up approach from the authorities. It's obvious to all that the current system isn't good enough. We'll publish our findings and recommendations shortly.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 15, 2014, 09:58:41 am by bedale rover »
One wonders whether the fans could mount a compensation claim against the Football league/FA for not protecting their club with 'unfit for purpose' measures to prevent fit and proper ownership. 

The FA and FL should be held accountable for the decisions they make otherwise what's the point?

Surely it is better to be safe than sorry

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 15, 2014, 10:06:19 am by Filo »

Cheers

BobG

We're currently working on a new paper expressing our disappointment with the Owners & Directors test, and suggesting alternatives, stronger regulation, and a more joined up approach from the authorities. It's obvious to all that the current system isn't good enough. We'll publish our findings and recommendations shortly.

I think if any new fit and proper persons test comes about the fans should be included in the process to draw one up, in fact I think a fans representative should be on the FA, FL ruling body, it's time the fans had a bigger voice within the game

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 15, 2014, 10:12:23 am by silent majority »
There's already a fans rep on the FA National Council.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 15, 2014, 10:25:09 am by Filo »

I didn't know that, what about the FL?

edwingray

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 15, 2014, 11:11:09 am by edwingray »
How would Leeds be cheating if the football league approves the takeover?  If it is wrong, then the fault lies with the FL?

Leeds are cheats, always have been, always will be, read your history Leeds City and all that.  Another DRFC man supporting Weeds, we love you, what a joke this forum is becoming.  FL can only act on whats put before them, Leeds again.  GFH are Ken Bates in disguise, he really still does own them.

Really do like a good old generalisation. Of course Ken Bates was a crook, but was he bigger crook than Ken Richardson?

On the subject of the Italian, I'd prefer him to fail the test, but I don't think it will be the end of the club. There are other (and seemingly better) consortiums waiting in the wings. We'll just have to wait and see what happens in ten days time.

Beerseller

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 15, 2014, 11:28:51 am by Beerseller »
On the subject of the Italian, I'd prefer him to fail the test, but I don't think it will be the end of the club. There are other (and seemingly better) consortiums waiting in the wings. We'll just have to wait and see what happens in ten days time.
[/quote]

As bad as it initially sounds, it may be for the better if it is the end of the "club" in its present form so that a new ownership structure can be created to remove all the murkiness created since Bates took over.  Starting with a clean slate would give the club a much better foundation to build from.  The problem would be in ensuring the fall-out from an end of the current "club" is not a demotion down several rungs of the non-league pyramid.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on March 15, 2014, 12:31:20 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Guess I'm the only one who wouldn't mind seeing another dodgy owner put them right in the mire again.  Just hope he does the job even better than with previous attempts.

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 15, 2014, 01:28:20 pm by uptonson »
Guess I'm the only one who wouldn't mind seeing another dodgy owner put them right in the mire again.  Just hope he does the job even better than with previous attempts.

I am with you.  I started this and nothing changes my mind.  Hope they become AFC Leeds in Evo Stik or something.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 15, 2014, 02:01:30 pm by silent majority »

I didn't know that, what about the FL?

That would be impossible. The FL board is a collection of interests working on behalf of the clubs themselves. It doesn't have any need or requirement for any independent representative. The same applies to the PL. They do look for input from supporters, and others, and we do work together on several projects, but seats on the board wouldn't be allowed.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 15, 2014, 08:58:50 pm by RedJ »

While I wouldn't particularly care if that did happen, I wouldn't wish it on any club.

Besides, they'd probably piss every division on the way back anyway.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 16, 2014, 02:13:05 am by Sammy Chung was King »
My hope for Leeds,is that they eventually enjoy some 'Away days' at Farsley Celtic ;)

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 18, 2014, 09:23:34 am by uptonson »
That Italian is found guilty.  Bye bye Leeds Scum United.  Here comes AFC Leeds United 2014 co Ltd.  Agent Bates back in charge via GFH Arabs without money.  Ha Ha  :rtid: 

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on March 18, 2014, 09:47:43 am by Colin C No.3 »
My hope for Leeds,is that they eventually enjoy some 'Away days' at Farsley Celtic ;)

I couldn't agree more (although my heart would go out to Farsley as they witness their community being invaded by what would be left of the bedraggled Leeds, moronic hoards). Anything that hastens the demise of this horrible club, with its limited but horrible 'history' gained through a team of thugs & its disgusting fans is alright by me.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on March 18, 2014, 10:00:28 am by wing commander »
   It still wouldn't surprise me if they still approved the takeover...The irony is that an authority not fit for purpose themselves decides who is fit for purpose...!!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on March 18, 2014, 10:15:14 am by bobjimwilly »
oh dear oh dear, the FL will be in a pickle over this. And the news comes just a day after McDermott has given Massimo Cellino his full backing

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/9218974/leeds-boss-brian-mcdermott-has-given-massimo-cellino-his-unequivocal-backing

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on March 18, 2014, 10:17:36 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's a tricky one as without it administration is a real possibility for them.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on March 18, 2014, 10:27:10 am by bedale rover »
So what is a fit and proper person?
Someone who uses a zimmer frame perchance?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 18, 2014, 10:32:48 am by RedJ »
You'd imagine it to be someone who was able to sign the cheques.

bobbymax

• VSC Member

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on March 18, 2014, 10:50:42 am by The Red Baron »
So what is a fit and proper person?
Someone who uses a zimmer frame perchance?

They call it the "Owners and Directors Test" now.

Details can be found here:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/0/8c/0,,10794~166912,00.pdf

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on March 18, 2014, 11:04:41 am by roversdude »
Surely this paragraph (below) would have made up their mind by now, can't see them having the the balls not to approve it

The 57-year-old already has a 2001 conviction for false accounting and is being investigated for alleged misuse of public funds relating to construction work on Cagliari's Quartu Sant'Elena stadium.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on March 18, 2014, 11:13:27 am by wing commander »
    If they follow their own rules I cant see how they can approve it,as anyone with a unspent conviction of dishonesty cant be a director or own more than 30%...If it does go through then frankly the fl will be a laughing stock (more than they are) and prove the test is nothing more than a pointless quango.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on March 18, 2014, 12:50:23 pm by bobjimwilly »
Football League statement released today:

A Football League spokesman said: "The Football League has noted the outcome of the Court hearing earlier today regarding Massimo Cellino.

"We are engaged in an ongoing dialogue with his legal representatives in this country and cannot comment further at this time."

http://www.football-league.co.uk/footballleaguenews/20140318/football-league-statement-leeds-united_2293334_3719289

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on March 18, 2014, 01:50:11 pm by hoolahoop »

I couldn't agree more (although my heart would go out to Farsley as they witness their community being invaded by what would be left of the bedraggled Leeds, moronic hoards). Anything that hastens the demise of this horrible club, with its limited but horrible 'history' gained through a team of thugs & its disgusting fans is alright by me.

Jeez at last I've found someone who detests this club and the majority of it's thuggish fans as much as me .
I will exclude edwingray and wellygogs as they do seem to speak for the minority of decent Weeds fans. As for the many ' out of town' thugs, that club and it's decent fans should have sorted that out many years ago.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on March 18, 2014, 02:03:50 pm by BigColSutherland »
Jeez at last I've found someone who detests this club and the majority of it's thuggish fans as much as me .
I will exclude edwingray and wellygogs as they do seem to speak for the minority of decent Weeds fans. As for the many ' out of town' thugs, that club and it's decent fans should have sorted that out many years ago.
I thought I was reading a Man Utd forum for a minute there.
Please can we get all this 'I hate Leeds Utd/insert other team for little or no reason' childishness out of the way. Anyone would think that many on here had been born and raised in Salford!!
What is it with you all can someone explain this irrational behaviour to me please ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012