Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:40:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leeds takeover  (Read 27653 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Leeds takeover
« Reply #60 on March 18, 2014, 02:14:54 pm by hoolahoop »
Jeez at last I've found someone who detests this club and the majority of it's thuggish fans as much as me .
I will exclude edwingray and wellygogs as they do seem to speak for the minority of decent Weeds fans. As for the many ' out of town' thugs, that club and it's decent fans should have sorted that out many years ago.
I thought I was reading a Man Utd forum for a minute there.
Please can we get all this 'I hate Leeds Utd/insert other team for little or no reason' childishness out of the way. Anyone would think that many on here had been born and raised in Salford!!
What is it with you all can someone explain this irrational behaviour to me please ?

Nice one BCS, I'm pleased that someone has picked up on that
Yes it also applies to Man U , Man City, Chelski, Bindippers and any other team with rampant out of town supporters.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on March 18, 2014, 02:37:14 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Jeez at last I've found someone who detests this club and the majority of it's thuggish fans as much as me .
I will exclude edwingray and wellygogs as they do seem to speak for the minority of decent Weeds fans. As for the many ' out of town' thugs, that club and it's decent fans should have sorted that out many years ago.
I thought I was reading a Man Utd forum for a minute there.
Please can we get all this 'I hate Leeds Utd/insert other team for little or no reason' childishness out of the way. Anyone would think that many on here had been born and raised in Salford!!
What is it with you all can someone explain this irrational behaviour to me please ?

My 'justification' in my outpouring of hate (not a word I use lightly) for Leeds Utd & all that 'fall under its banner' is that hoolahoop chose to post a thread about them on this forum. Having done so, I have (& will continue to) regail against any mention of them unless & when we take 3 points from them.

What's your beef against Man Utd?

We have no 'distasteful 'history' with them as a club. Unlike Leeds, they have been Champions of Europe, have had great managers, great players, great triumphs & have a worldwide following. Time to take the blinkers off fella.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on March 18, 2014, 02:50:12 pm by roversdude »
Personally see this thread as a discussion on fit and proper owners (regardless of team), something we could have easily been drawn into

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 18, 2014, 04:30:01 pm by BigColSutherland »
My 'justification' in my outpouring of hate (not a word I use lightly) for Leeds Utd & all that 'fall under its banner' is that hoolahoop chose to post a thread about them on this forum. Having done so, I have (& will continue to) regail against any mention of them unless & when we take 3 points from them.

What's your beef against Man Utd?

We have no 'distasteful 'history' with them as a club. Unlike Leeds, they have been Champions of Europe, have had great managers, great players, great triumphs & have a worldwide following. Time to take the blinkers off fella.
Wooooooooooosssshhhhh

edwingray

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on March 18, 2014, 07:02:21 pm by edwingray »
I don't see how the football league can approve the takeover now (which is something that pleases me). There is another consortium waiting in the background, so hopefully they will be given the chance to negotiate. Have no idea whether this is bad news (short term) financially for the club - just bloody hope not.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on March 18, 2014, 07:49:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The FL would become a laughing stock if they were to approve it now. It throws up more uncertainties for the fans, management and playing staff.

One wonders if the Italian will want repayment of the reported £6m he's already put in and, with GFH already underwriting operational losses of around £1m a month, can they pay him back? For that matter will any new consortium foot the bill....or wait until administration if forced upon GFH so they can buy the club cheap as chips????

We have seen Portsmouth victim of a similar scenario, as a result of disputes between owners past present and future, and I'm betting the Portsmouth supporters trust and fans would gladly take their current league position rather than Mustapha Arab still in charge.

I suspect 99% of Leeds fans would rather go down Portsmouth route if it finally means getting their house in order to rebuild again. 

Just glad we didn't go down that route.   

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on March 18, 2014, 08:32:14 pm by DearneValleyRover »
According to a lot of Leeds fans he's invested £10m and will want repayment on top of the alleged £1m per month Leeds will require to keep operating, the ones I know are fearing the worst.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on March 18, 2014, 09:52:37 pm by southwestexile »
I think it's perfectly acceptable that I am allowed to hate Leeds AND Manure AND Chelsea AND Posh Spice

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on March 18, 2014, 09:58:41 pm by BobG »
Hate is too emotional. It uses up energy. It's destructive. It generally achieves nothing - except trouble from time to time. It's a football team. From a different town to ours. why not keep 'hate' for the likes of that tosser in Syria who's actually doing a lot more harm to a lot more people than anyone connected with Leeds Utd.

BobG

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on March 18, 2014, 10:01:40 pm by southwestexile »
They're all doing their bit

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on March 24, 2014, 11:25:23 am by Jenny »
FL have disqualified Cellino from buying a majority stake. Nice to see them having some balls, he was never going to be fit and proper.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on March 24, 2014, 11:28:41 am by wing commander »
   hasn't he already lent them 4 million to tide them over until the sale goes through...Rumours that if it was denied administration was beckoning....

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on March 24, 2014, 11:31:30 am by drfc1951 »
Can his son become the major shareholder funded by his dad?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on March 24, 2014, 11:35:50 am by The Red Baron »
   hasn't he already lent them 4 million to tide them over until the sale goes through...Rumours that if it was denied administration was beckoning....

Perhaps someone with knowledge of FL rules would know this, but I believe there is a date after which any penalties for entering administration would be carried over into the following season.

As Cellino has 14 days to appeal the ruling then any "cut-off" date could become significant.

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on March 24, 2014, 12:29:20 pm by gillinghamrover »
Access denied, FL have banned him from taking over weeds.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on March 24, 2014, 12:48:15 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Right decision - they should do it more.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on March 24, 2014, 01:45:21 pm by bedale rover »
If you are up for some schadenfreude  go to the Yorkshire evening post's website and look at the comments about this at half of them see this as a conspiracy against them by the other clubs who were on the panel and the rest blame LUST for being against cellino

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on March 24, 2014, 02:12:51 pm by IDM »

Perhaps someone with knowledge of FL rules would know this, but I believe there is a date after which any penalties for entering administration would be carried over into the following season.

As Cellino has 14 days to appeal the ruling then any "cut-off" date could become significant.

I'm not 100% sure but I think that the admin points deduction is taken in the following season if a club goes into admin after a certain date, and where it makes no difference to promotion or relegation issues in the current season.  This is to prevent what Ken Bates tried to to at Leeds a while back by putting them into admin only when they were relegated anyway, for being crap.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on March 24, 2014, 02:42:31 pm by silent majority »
If you are up for some schadenfreude  go to the Yorkshire evening post's website and look at the comments about this at half of them see this as a conspiracy against them by the other clubs who were on the panel and the rest blame LUST for being against cellino

Really? Wow. My conversations with the guys at LUST led me to believe they were supporting this takeover and that they'd had discussions with Cellino already. Shaun Harvey, ex CEO at Leeds is the current CEO at the Football League. Why would he condemn his own club in this way?

Edit.  Just checked, looks like they did some kind of poll or similar and 75% of members didn't want him.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 02:53:25 pm by silent majority »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on March 24, 2014, 05:01:50 pm by normal rules »
There growing element to the leeds fanbase that would be "happy" with the club folding and appearing again as a phoenix club owned by the supporters.

FC United of Leeds anyone?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on March 24, 2014, 05:25:18 pm by RedJ »
If they did that they'd absolutely piss their way back to the Football League, you'd imagine.

RocketRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on March 24, 2014, 05:26:29 pm by RocketRover »

I'm not 100% sure but I think that the admin points deduction is taken in the following season if a club goes into admin after a certain date, and where it makes no difference to promotion or relegation issues in the current season.  This is to prevent what Ken Bates tried to to at Leeds a while back by putting them into admin only when they were relegated anyway, for being crap.

According to the ever-reliable wikipedia, that date is Thursday this week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_%28British_football%29

Also I noticed earlier that some bookmakers - e.g. Betfair - had Leeds at 13/2 to be relegated. Rovers are 6/1, which makes me think that the bookies think admin is quite likely?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on March 24, 2014, 05:28:55 pm by normal rules »
I honestly think, if admin beckons again then this could be a serious option for them.

Rangers seem to be managing fine, albeit they have not had to start from scratch. AFC Wimbledon are another good example, as are FCUM.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on March 24, 2014, 05:39:48 pm by Sad-Rovers »
In the words of the illustrious Ken Bates:

I haven't laughed so much since Ma caught her tits in the mangle.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on March 24, 2014, 05:41:24 pm by RedJ »
Absolute hero. Modern day legend. You go do your city proud, lad.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on March 24, 2014, 08:32:12 pm by bpoolrover »
Rangers might be winning matches but are still losing a fortune

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on March 24, 2014, 09:52:11 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Portsmouth's position looks precarious perched above the drop zone and by the sounds of it they are still working to reduce the number of contracted players an inject more quality rather than quantity.

One wonders how long the Leeds situation will continue and what damage it will do. Can you imagine the fall out if they have to offload one of their prize saleable assets in Mr McCormack ( Could be a good time for someone to take him on loan with a view to permanent deal)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on March 25, 2014, 08:31:17 am by DearneValleyRover »
They are considering Admin, has to be before Thursday to ensure point deduction is this season

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on March 25, 2014, 08:35:30 am by RedRover45 »
They are considering Admin, has to be before Thursday to ensure point deduction is this season

That means it will be after Thursday if they choose to go into admin.
If they go into admin before Thursday and get the points deduction this season, it throws them right in the middle of the relegation dogfight.
Oh, if only......

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on March 25, 2014, 10:38:52 am by bedale rover »

That means it will be after Thursday if they choose to go into admin.
If they go into admin before Thursday and get the points deduction this season, it throws them right in the middle of the relegation dogfight.
Oh, if only......

Will they be deducted 17 points for admin twice in 10years?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012