Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:11:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Relegation looming?  (Read 3726 times)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
Relegation looming?
« on April 08, 2014, 10:32:35 pm by Red Rover »
I don't want to sound pessimistic but we are currently 4 points from the relegation zone, 2 of the teams have games in hand on us, and our run in is...Ipswich, Derby, Millwall, Reading & Leicester.

- Ipswich away - chasing playoffs
- Derby home - chasing Premiership
- Millwall away - in same position as us
- Reading home - chasing playoffs
- Leicester away - fighting for title

I've said for the last two matches, 3 more points will see us safe...I'm not too sure now tho!  :blink:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

grayx

• Forum Member
Re: Relegation looming?
« Reply #1 on April 08, 2014, 10:38:13 pm by grayx »
Shit. I'm struggling to find 3 points there. Best chance Millwall or Reading perhaps.

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 08, 2014, 10:39:26 pm by RobbieDRFC »
Going to be very interesting with goal difference. All very tight with us millwall, Blackpool Barnsley and yeovil

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 08, 2014, 10:43:08 pm by Red Rover »
Shit. I'm struggling to find 3 points there. Best chance Millwall or Reading perhaps.

I'd say Millwall or Leicester would be our best chances...however with them both away, I'm struggling to find 3 points myself

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 08, 2014, 10:50:16 pm by Donnyjim »
I don't want to sound pessimistic but we are currently 4 points from the relegation zone, 2 of the teams have games in hand on us, and our run in is...Ipswich, Derby, Millwall, Reading & Leicester.

- Ipswich away - chasing playoffs
- Derby home - chasing Premiership
- Millwall away - in same position as us
- Reading home - chasing playoffs
- Leicester away - fighting for title

I've said for the last two matches, 3 more points will see us safe...I'm not too sure now tho!  :blink:

Looking at that and the performance tonight, added to to some obvious management blunders I can safely say...WE'VE f**kED IT.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 08, 2014, 10:53:10 pm by Akinfenwa »
We were in a good position but I am beginning to fear that we've bottled this, you know. The 3-4 points we needed pretty much had to come from the Birmingham and Bolton games but we got zip. Our last good chance to win came and went tonight. Better start hoping that somehow 43 points is enough.

ck-rtid

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 08, 2014, 10:55:26 pm by ck-rtid »
Yoevil, Dingles, and Blackpool to go down i reckon

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 08, 2014, 11:02:36 pm by Red Rover »

Blackpool's run in appears easier than ours I fear

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 08, 2014, 11:07:07 pm by bobjimwilly »

I hope Blackpool do - got £10 on them at 14/1 :thumbsup:

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 08, 2014, 11:57:18 pm by roversam »
There are no easy games in this league.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 09, 2014, 12:06:14 am by PDX_Rover »
We will probably go and beat Ipswich you know.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 09, 2014, 12:40:20 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Our team always does things the hard way,last second goal at Brentford anyone?,it was always going to be nervy and a right struggle,Bolton outplayed us at they're place,so tonight's result isn't a big surprise,we will stay up for me,remember a good few games back,some didn't know where the next win was coming from?,this is the Championship,it's the nature of the league,just as you think you've cracked it,it turns again.

Ipswich(a)-1 pt------Derby(h)-1 pt------Millwall(a)-3 pts-------Reading(h)-3 pts-----Leicester(a)-1 pt----that would leave us on 52 points and safe,we do better against the better teams,Ipswich aren't going to make play-offs the loss of McGoldrick has finished them,Derby can't get automatic now,a draw away is a steady result for them to stay in the play offs,Millwall we are just a better side than they are and will nick it 1-0,Reading have the poorest side they've ever faced us with,but for Jones getting injured we could have quite easily nicked a point away,without all of our signings from january,we are a stronger team,i'm not sure they are,Leicester will have nothing to play for at this stage,neither will we,because we will be safe by this game,it will fizzle out to a goalless draw.

We've got points on the board,experienced players,quality that we didn't have first half of the season,the clubs below us look good at the minute,they won't maintain it,they can't do what they haven't done all season,they are not well set up teams,they leak goals,and what we have that they don't are better strikers,are you telling me that opposing centre half's don't think they can deal with James Hayter for Yeovil and keep a clean sheet?,or Chris o'Grady at Barnsley?,or that ''Drago lookalike'' at millwall Maierhofer?.

We've got a solid back four most of the time,disruptions to the team have jolted it out of place,variety in midfield and up front,how many of those teams in the bottom three have,a better centre back than Meite?,A Better ball player than Wellens?,a better striker than Billy Sharp?,a better target man than Chris Brown?,throughout the season our team has been hitting form and then went in to a lull,nowt to worry about,we've just got enough to stay up :thumbsup: :scarf:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 09, 2014, 01:50:00 am by dickos1 »
Blackpool have won2 games out if their last 25, it's irrelevant who they're playing. They're going down

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 09, 2014, 01:56:34 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I Think Blackpool will just stay up,for me Barnsley(unfortunately) because local derbies there can't be enough of them,Yeovil will go,and Millwall or Birmingham will go down in the last place,Birmingham can't get points at home,and sooner or later the away form will dry up.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 09, 2014, 06:28:16 am by GazLaz »
Blackpool won't win another game. Their only chance of points is at Leeds on Saturday, then it's Burnley, Brighton, Wigan, (goodnight) Vienna.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 09, 2014, 10:48:39 am by RedJ »
Well they're f**ked if they've still got Vienna to play as well. The journey will take it right out of them.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 09, 2014, 10:49:40 am by BigColSutherland »
Blackpool won't win another game. Their only chance of points is at Leeds on Saturday, then it's Burnley, Brighton, Wigan, (goodnight) Vienna.
They've got Charlton last day - who may or may not have lost interest by then.

Curious Orange

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 09, 2014, 11:07:02 am by Curious Orange »
In the last two games there has been an almost palpable sense around the ground and on the pitch that our decent run of form until that point had made us safe.

Hopefully the urgency with which we played after the first 15mins last night is something we can take forward for the run in.

...We'll get three draws.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 09, 2014, 11:09:45 am by DRNaith »
I'm not worried, we've played our best football against the higer teams

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 09, 2014, 01:18:53 pm by IDM »

Looking at that and the performance tonight, added to to some obvious management blunders I can safely say...WE'VE f**kED IT.

WTF?

After the first 15 minutes last night when they tore us a new one, we were excellent apart from finishing.  The attitude, commitment etc were all there, just lacking a little quality.

IF we go down,we'll go down fighting, not like last time..

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 09, 2014, 01:25:23 pm by godlike1 »

Looking at that and the performance tonight, added to to some obvious management blunders I can safely say...WE'VE f***ED IT.

I hope your right, what i could not figure out was that it was clear the pairing of Billy and Brown were getting nothing out of the back 4 through a combination of a lack of service at times and being out muscled,

Why not try and change the approach by bringing Theo on for Billy to attack them with pace???????????????

I think  we were screaming for a brave decision to be made like that but Dickov bottled it in my opinion and conceded the points at the end of the 2nd half

WTF?

After the first 15 minutes last night when they tore us a new one, we were excellent apart from finishing.  The attitude, commitment etc were all there, just lacking a little quality.

IF we go down,we'll go down fighting, not like last time..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012