Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 05:18:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Summer of change....  (Read 6157 times)

RedArmy

• Forum Member
Summer of change....
« on April 12, 2014, 05:23:57 pm by RedArmy »
Thanks Mr Dickov but no thanks, stay till the summer then let your contract run dry.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Summer of change....
« Reply #1 on April 12, 2014, 05:31:27 pm by Filo »
A rolling contract never runs dry

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 12, 2014, 05:34:52 pm by RedArmy »
I believe it does, if the club decides not to renew it..

Donny Old Boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 12, 2014, 05:42:28 pm by Donny Old Boy »
Amazing how people come out and start slating the manager after a defeat. Never hear from them after a victory. It's as if you want him to fail and for us to relegated. Get a grip and have a look at the table and just believe in the manager and the players to come through.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 12, 2014, 05:43:42 pm by WBDRFC »

It's the opposite - it renews automatically until somebody decides to terminate it.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 12, 2014, 05:44:49 pm by RedArmy »
Not slating him at all, just don't think he's good enough for the job! Multiple times we have been more than safe but we keep getting ourselves dragged into it. I don't mind Dickov, just don't think he's the man to takes us forward as a club..

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 12, 2014, 05:45:55 pm by RedArmy »
[/quote

It's the opposite - it renews automatically until somebody decides to terminate it.

That's alright then, terminate it.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 12, 2014, 05:47:00 pm by RedJ »
If we survive, on what grounds? He was brought here with the proviso that he keep us in the division.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 12, 2014, 05:48:59 pm by RedArmy »
And if we go down?

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 12, 2014, 05:52:57 pm by LincsRover »
 :suicide:
Thanks Mr Dickov but no thanks, stay till the summer then let your contract run dry.

And replace him with who? I believe Mourinho and Guardiola are under contract at the minute and I'm sure anyone less than that would have the moaners out in force after every single defeat!

It's in our own hands still - 3 points at Millwall or against Derby/Reading, which we are capable of on our day and we'll be safe - objective achieved this year, move on to next year.

If we don't win any and get relegated, then is the time to consider changes, not now, in the midst of a relegation battle we can, and I think, we will win.

:scarf: :boxing: :scarf:

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 12, 2014, 05:54:53 pm by RedArmy »
I believe we will stay up, still don't believe Dickov is the man to take us forward though!

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 12, 2014, 05:59:46 pm by BigColSutherland »
That raises an interesting point RedArmy.

If Dickov keeps us up, what are our expectations for next season? Is his remit to battle relegation year on year, or does he have a plan to move the club forward.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 12, 2014, 06:04:10 pm by mushRTID »
Amazing how people come out and start slating the manager after a defeat. Never hear from them after a victory. It's as if you want him to fail and for us to relegated. Get a grip and have a look at the table and just believe in the manager and the players to come through.

Dickov has done well for me and I'm looking forward to next season under him.

However on your comments, it's not "after a defeat", it's after three. There will always be questions asked by some after three straight defeats.

Donny Old Boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 12, 2014, 06:05:00 pm by Donny Old Boy »
Who is then. Remember we are not rich club and any manager who ever they are needs a reasonable budget to succeed, especially in this division. So who then in your opinion could do that on our budget at the moment. Let me give you a clue probably no one.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 12, 2014, 06:05:35 pm by RedArmy »
Exactly my point.. If he comes out and sells me a plan and a direction for next year id look forwArd to it, but we haven't even offered great young talents such as James husband a contract for next year it's a little worrying....

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 12, 2014, 06:06:20 pm by Donnybax »
If Dickov keeps us up its job accomplished, fair play.
However, if he doesn't what then? He has been massively backed since January and we have been in a commanding position. If we go down now it isn't good enough

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 12, 2014, 06:07:32 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Contracts were going to be looked at as soon as we knew what league we were going to be in next season.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 12, 2014, 06:08:16 pm by RedArmy »
James husband should be offered a contract whatever league we are in and I think 99% of people on this forum would agree with me

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 12, 2014, 06:16:50 pm by Lesonthewest »
I like him & his signings have been excellent in the main, he has had to put up with a lot this season including crippling injuries & the ridiculous distractionof the takeover & he is still learning. If we don't happen to avoid the dreaded drop though it will be our away form that will be a massive factor.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 12, 2014, 06:50:40 pm by Mr1Croft »
James husband should be offered a contract whatever league we are in and I think 99% of people on this forum would agree with me

So the basis of your point is that he hasn't extended Husband's contract, so should leave at the end of the season, regardless of what division we will be in?

As a matter of interest can I ask what you wanted Dickov (or any manager) to do to win your approval with the resources and injury crisis we have had last season? Or is it purely down to contracts?

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 12, 2014, 08:01:38 pm by RedArmy »

So the basis of your point is that he hasn't extended Husband's contract, so should leave at the end of the season, regardless of what division we will be in?

As a matter of interest can I ask what you wanted Dickov (or any manager) to do to win your approval with the resources and injury crisis we have had last season? Or is it purely down to contracts?

Well you clearly haven't read anything I put except the post about husbands contract, as I said we have managed to pull ourselves clear of danger multiple times this season but drop back in to time and time again.. And I also said if you read it, I don't actually mind Dickov just don't think he's the manager to take us forward. Now because my opinion doesn't match up to your opinion it doesn't mean I'm wrong and doesn't mean you're wrong. So in future if I was you I'd read the thread then comment on what I put instead of trying to twist things.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 12, 2014, 10:27:14 pm by Mr1Croft »

Well you clearly haven't read anything I put except the post about husbands contract, as I said we have managed to pull ourselves clear of danger multiple times this season but drop back in to time and time again.. And I also said if you read it, I don't actually mind Dickov just don't think he's the manager to take us forward. Now because my opinion doesn't match up to your opinion it doesn't mean I'm wrong and doesn't mean you're wrong. So in future if I was you I'd read the thread then comment on what I put instead of trying to twist things.

Crikey...

For the record I did read your posts, but I never suggested that a) you want a new manager next season because we are in danger/have been in danger and b) whether or not you mind Dickov.

What you have said is you don't think he is the man to take us forward which is why I asked what would he have to do/have done to make you think differently, the only reason you have given so far is the contracts, precisely James Husbands, which is again why I asked.

Finally I never said my opinion of whether I think Dickov is the man to take us forward or not, I was just curious as to your reasoning which is why I asked you specifically if it is down to that reason or others.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 13, 2014, 08:49:16 am by DonnyRTID »
James Husband signed a new contract last year.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 13, 2014, 09:41:23 am by bpoolrover »
I'm not sure what some people expect,we get just about the lowest crowds we have quite a low budget for the division,were playing some good football and are out of the bottom 3!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 13, 2014, 09:48:39 am by steve@dcfd »
That raises an interesting point RedArmy.

If Dickov keeps us up, what are our expectations for next season? Is his remit to battle relegation year on year, or does he have a plan to move the club forward.

He works in the parameters of a budget set by the owners. He has gone out this year and brought in players on loan or short term contracts who are better than what we had.
He should have been given the money to improve the midfield, which with or without Richie is our weakest link and as been all season, by at least one player but priorities dictated otherwise, that's not his fault.
We are playing teams who have players who are better skilled than ours and also in recent times and also the next few matches have something to play for like ourselves. My only fault I have with PD is the constant of 442 although yesterday he did try and change it which is a good sign.
We are a small club in a big league the only way to improve is to invest more in players that will not be down to the manager alone.
Let's hope we can get the points required to keep us up, if not the board will decisions to make not just on the manager but players contracts aswell.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 13, 2014, 11:25:35 am by BigH »
At the risk of courting controversy, I don't think we're a million miles away at the moment. Right now we're lacking a bit of leadership of the Jones kind, we're missing our midfield 'heartbeat', our wide men continue to be inconsistent and Sharp is out of form. But, when we have our best eleven out there and we're 'on it' we can compete and win games against any team in this division.

To me there have been two main problems this season: a cruel run of injuries and a lack of creativity. Both have sapped confidence and motivation which, coupled with a small squad that lacks strength in depth, has brought us to where we are now: knackered, out of sorts, stumbling across the finishing line.

The injuries thing is part and parcel of us punching above our weight. We take on - almost gamble on - good but ageing players and/or those with a history of injuries that others overlook. It's not so much that we haven't learned from the SOD era, it's more that it's the limit of what the Board will sanction. I'm not going to criticse them for it, it's their money. The lack of creativity I would put down to inconsistent performances from our wide men. I wouldn't scapegoat any one individual but Duffy has, by and large, been a disappointment who has struggled to make the step up at this level. Cotterill is talented enough but erratic. Bennett has sunk without trace and Copps is, well err, Copps. Good on his day but prone to drift in and out and, dare I say it, getting on a bit.

I don't know whether a new manager would do any better.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 15, 2014, 07:06:40 am by aidanstu »
For me we keep him until the end of next season. What would change achieve. I said at the start of this season, as many others did, that forth bottom this season would be an achievement and. I stand by that.

If people are questioning Dickov's position at the moment it is be cause he is a victim of his own success. Get a grip folks.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 15, 2014, 08:17:00 am by IDM »
With the core of our team, our best 11, all fit - we are a competitive side in this division.  PD has brought in good players, even Wabara who was later found to be playing with an injury.

As for contract renewals, it certainly makes sense to sort this out at the end of the season.  I would expext that the groundwork is being done behind the scenes anyway, with budgets being worked out for bith divisions, and options established for which players we wish to re-sign and retain, so that when the season is over we are ready to talk to the players and their agents?

Clubs change managers far too often - as for losing the last 3 games, the performances weren't too bad.  If we were not competing, despite results, then the manager would be in more difficulty.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 15, 2014, 08:38:20 am by PDX_Rover »
For me, PD has done well. Huge step up to this division. The first half of the season was hampered by off the field shenanagins, but he's brought in some quality. The games I saw in person (Brum and Bolton) we did ok, given that the side was patched up pretty much...

I like Dickov. Think he could blossom into a very decent manager.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 17, 2014, 11:47:45 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
As starting elevens go,i think with three or for additions,with no injuries we would be good enough to sneak in to the top half,but we tend to get more than our fair share,when Tamas came to the club,i thought it should be him and Meite in the centre,but i think he's wasted at centre half i prefer him at right back,for me for us to get in to the top half of the table if we stay up,we would need little or no injuries,and a striker to add to what we have,a centre back to play alongside Meite,and attacking central midfielder to chip in with goals,and a left back and move Husband wide left midfield.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012