Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:51:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: de Val update.  (Read 2829 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
Re: de Val update.
« Reply #1 on April 15, 2014, 01:34:11 pm by dknward2 »
What a load of crap a full season and hardly played should have been loaned out months ago only way you get used to playing english football is to play English football

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 15, 2014, 02:11:41 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Have a little faith for goodness sake.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 15, 2014, 02:24:29 pm by GazLaz »
What a load of crap a full season and hardly played should have been loaned out months ago only way you get used to playing english football is to play English football

and how are you getting on with doing your UEFA coaching badges?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 15, 2014, 02:58:24 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Look at what we did with Dumbuya...

Pretty similar.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 15, 2014, 03:03:55 pm by BigColSutherland »
Dumbuya got a fair crack at the whip - until it became apparent that he wasn't good enough.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 15, 2014, 03:30:59 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
He was here a year before playing if I remember correctly. He was offered another contract without playing or if he did it was no more than De Val has played

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 15, 2014, 06:32:31 pm by The Red Baron »
He was here a year before playing if I remember correctly. He was offered another contract without playing or if he did it was no more than De Val has played

I suppose the difference is that Dumbuya was signed from non-League football on a one-year deal with an option of a second and was paid peanuts. De Val was signed from Spanish professional football (albeit at a lowly level) and may well be on a fair whack.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 15, 2014, 06:40:01 pm by dknward2 »

and how are you getting on with doing your UEFA coaching badges?

Very well thanks start my continental B next season had to take some time away from it due to family reasons but cant wait to get back into it

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 15, 2014, 06:54:43 pm by Northants Nomad »
Regarding this part of the article, I, for one, could not agree more with PD. I'd rather listen to someone who has followed this player for 3 years, coached him for just under a year and has seen enough to think he holds promise. But as ever, empty vessels make the most noise, often drowning out common sense.

"I hear and read a lot of things about when and where Marc should be playing; I would like to think I’m the best judge of him because I’ve seen him play over three years. The people that are talking about this have only seen him in snippets."

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 15, 2014, 07:07:21 pm by Muttley »
Hope he doesn't get lumbered with the dreaded "one for the future" tag as he looked pretty useful in the pre-season games.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 16, 2014, 08:00:50 am by RJHeader »

I suppose the difference is that Dumbuya was signed from non-League football on a one-year deal with an option of a second and was paid peanuts. De Val was signed from Spanish professional football (albeit at a lowly level) and may well be on a fair whack.

Im not sure you can say that without knowing for sure. He played for Real Madrid C in Segunda División B – Group 2, third tier of Spanish football with an average gate of about 400 people. Then loaned out to two clubs in Segunda División B – Group 3, both who im sure never had attendances over about 2,000.

Which makes me think he wont of been on 'a fair whack'.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 16, 2014, 08:03:27 am by One_Matty_Lucas »

Im not sure you can say that without knowing for sure. He played for Real Madrid C in Segunda División B – Group 2, third tier of Spanish football with an average gate of about 400 people. Then loaned out to two clubs in Segunda División B – Group 3, both who im sure never had attendances over about 2,000.

Which makes me think he wont of been on 'a fair whack'.

Isnt the reason he didnt sign at Oldham that PD couldnt offer him the wages he demanded, im sure he wont be that well paid, but sure he isnt on peanuts.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 16, 2014, 08:24:12 am by GazLaz »
Our average wage is massively higher that Oldham's is. What is high to them would be minimal to us.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 16, 2014, 08:29:50 am by RJHeader »
The same Oldham that let all Dickov's backroom staff leave because they couldnt afford to keep them on?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 16, 2014, 11:42:17 am by DonnyOsmond »
It wasn't wages it was the fee/compensation involved they couldn't afford. That was.around £600k.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 16, 2014, 12:06:47 pm by graingrover »
the impediment was not wages but transfer fee.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 16, 2014, 12:15:07 pm by RobTheRover »
I think he still had 2 years of his contract with RM to run and they wanted a sizeable sum for him.  I hope he gets his chance.  He looked fantastic in pre-season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012