Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:58:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who should replace Dickov?  (Read 122895 times)

bedale rover

• VSC Member
Re: Who should replace Dickov?
« Reply #540 on October 05, 2015, 11:03:04 am by bedale rover »
Is to late for Ewe Rosler to throw his cap in the ring.
He'll be lucky to still be in a job on Monday unless Massimo Cellino has gone soft .

He would just be sheep like then wouldn't he?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #541 on October 05, 2015, 11:04:55 am by Dare to dream! »
Ferguson, Jones and Redfearn all drifted slightly. Whereas Lee Clark and Shaun Derry both shortened to 8/1....

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #542 on October 05, 2015, 11:10:25 am by Dare to dream! »
Lee Clark now 5/1...

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #543 on October 05, 2015, 04:59:12 pm by les@donr »
The board said they had a  very high calibre of applicants, I think this suggests we will be getting a manager with credentials better than those of Lee Clark.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #544 on October 05, 2015, 05:05:37 pm by Colin C No.3 »
With all due respect, they are not 'footballing men', therefore their definition of "high calibre" may be different to yours or mine?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #545 on October 05, 2015, 05:13:35 pm by DearneValleyRover »
With all due respect, they are not 'footballing men', therefore their definition of "high calibre" may be different to yours or mine?

What a load of tripe, do you think they live in a bubble? They talk to other Directors, the fl, ex pros all the time, they will know more than any of us do.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #546 on October 05, 2015, 05:14:56 pm by Jonathan »

Depends how you qualify as being a footballing man. If throwing a few million a year into a football club for little or no return was to qualify you as a football man, then I'd suggest that they are footballing men. Can only assume they're not in it for the rich returns or the overwhelming gratitude of the local public.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #547 on October 05, 2015, 05:16:57 pm by graingrover »
  .. they may well be more football men than us by dint of the fact they put 1 Million into our club every season to keep us afloat.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #548 on October 05, 2015, 05:20:39 pm by Yorkiered »
  .. they may well be more football men than us by dint of the fact they put 1 Million into our club ever season to keep us afloat.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #549 on October 05, 2015, 06:01:07 pm by PDX_Rover »
There's some right weigh anchors on here.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #550 on October 05, 2015, 06:41:59 pm by les@donr »

If I was a Board member and putting my own money into the club, I would be damn sure that I wasn't about to hire a lemon of a manager. I believe the Board when they say that they have a high calibre of applicants for the manager's job. I trust them to get the best manager they can afford and whose experience will assist the long term aims of the Board, namely bring Championship football back to the KM. I wouldn't be surprised that the Board will hire a new manager that none of us have named or considered.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #551 on October 06, 2015, 04:24:07 pm by bobjimwilly »
Not sure if he was in the running for Rovers manager but Steve Pressley is new Fleetwood boss.
https://twitter.com/ftfc/status/651414511950430209

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #552 on October 06, 2015, 04:34:33 pm by glosterred »
Would rather have had Elvis

COYR

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #553 on October 06, 2015, 05:09:32 pm by donnyallday »
Didnt the board of Directors along with Mr Ryan say something along those lines.

We have had over 150 applicants ,some are jokey ones and some high  caliber with great experiance.

Only to appoint the Dic.... just sayin

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #554 on October 06, 2015, 11:20:49 pm by les@donr »
After tonight's result it won't be Jones.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #555 on October 06, 2015, 11:26:03 pm by dickos1 »
I think they'll take his interview into account more than how he's done in these 4 or 5 games

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #556 on October 06, 2015, 11:32:18 pm by les@donr »
I think they'll take his interview into account more than how he's done in these 4 or 5 games

I don't think Jones' match stats will get him the job.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #557 on October 07, 2015, 04:00:39 pm by les@donr »
bump

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #558 on October 07, 2015, 05:33:25 pm by dickos1 »
Would be a bit silly to employ a manager on match stats

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #559 on October 07, 2015, 07:23:41 pm by les@donr »

The Board would look at a manager's match stats record. One of the failures of Dickov was his inability to change his plans and formation when the game was changing and going against his original plans. The Board must get a manager who can think on his feet, and be able to change his game plan, as stated before this was something Dickov failed to do.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #560 on October 07, 2015, 07:27:16 pm by Yorkiered »
Rob Jones might be a nice guy but as far as his management abilities are concerned imo he is just a taller version of Dickov.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #561 on October 07, 2015, 07:49:43 pm by les@donr »
Looking forward to our new high calibre manager. The Board's word not mine.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #562 on October 07, 2015, 07:53:24 pm by dickos1 »

The Board would look at a manager's match stats record. One of the failures of Dickov was his inability to change his plans and formation when the game was changing and going against his original plans. The Board must get a manager who can think on his feet, and be able to change his game plan, as stated before this was something Dickov failed to do.

That's not match stats
Unless they're going to look at videos of games he's managed and seen how he's effected the game then there's not much stats can tell u

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #563 on October 07, 2015, 07:54:07 pm by Jonathan »

Said as if you're just desperate to be disappointed by it. A strange approach, really.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #564 on October 07, 2015, 08:04:02 pm by Yorkiered »

Said as if you're just desperate to be disappointed by it. A strange approach, really.

Sorry but I cannot see how you can possibly deduce that from the original statement.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #565 on October 07, 2015, 08:07:20 pm by idler »

That's not match stats
Unless they're going to look at videos of games he's managed and seen how he's effected the game then there's not much stats can tell u
Surely the higher your win ratio you would think the better tactician you are. If you have a high ratio you must have come from behind more often than someone with a low ratio. You're not always going to score first are you.
I imagine as well that if you get your defence right you also don't have many games where you have a big deficit to claw back.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #566 on October 07, 2015, 08:14:51 pm by Jonathan »

Sorry but I cannot see how you can possibly deduce that from the original statement.

Perhaps the huge slice of cynicism that's evident through the vast majority of this message board. If les meant it genuinely then apologies to him, I'm just tired of all the negativity on here.

Constant digging at the board, the potential candidates, the manager(s), the players. Some of the expectations are out of control. We're just Doncaster Rovers.

I'm fed up of reading about win ratios. The sooner we get this appointment confirmed the better, then we can get past the inevitable negativity at it before a game's even played, then get back to football.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 08:47:00 pm by Jonathan »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #567 on October 07, 2015, 08:20:00 pm by silent majority »
Agreed Jonathan, that desperate desire to find fault with everything wears people down.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #568 on October 07, 2015, 09:32:23 pm by les@donr »

Disagree, I have said either on this thread or elsewhere that I do believe the Board when they say they are seeking a high calibre new manager. I have also said it could be someone who none of us had either named or considered for the manager's post.

Regarding match stats, how can a manager be judged if his on field performance isn't taken into consideration, it was the reason why Dickov lost his job, and will be a key reason for the next appointment.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #569 on October 07, 2015, 09:33:18 pm by Yorkiered »

Perhaps the huge slice of cynicism that's evident through the vast majority of this message board. If les meant it genuinely then apologies to him, I'm just tired of all the negativity on here.

Constant digging at the board, the potential candidates, the manager(s), the players. Some of the expectations are out of control. We're just Doncaster Rovers.

I'm fed up of reading about win ratios. The sooner we get this appointment confirmed the better, then we can get past the inevitable negativity at it before a game's even played, then get back to football.

Jonathan do you not think that negativity will always be present on any football forum of a team that is not doing well?
If we were top of the table and playing well people would have nothing to moan about.
It is the very nature of a football forum that there will be moans. I am sure that most people on here go to watch Rovers with a positive attitude and support the team for the whole 90 minutes.
This is where people can let off steam, if everyone was in agreement and all slapping each others backs this place would be very very boring.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012