Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 04:20:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Why -What -When  (Read 2629 times)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Why -What -When
« on June 12, 2014, 10:18:16 am by since-1969 »
Why ..if image rights is a concern now !!wasn't  it a concern  when LT Plays in his charity games.

When...will the club make a statement of intent either to reject the offer or except but with a closing date.

When. ...will the club ever learn that as supporters we just need a little crumb throwing in our direction from time to time . Pre-season friendless will go much better if we know that we have a complete team to watch.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Why -What -When
« Reply #1 on June 12, 2014, 10:24:20 am by Wild Rover »
1 Because LT management got the money.....NOT DRFC.

2. They wont. They have accepted offer. Image rights nothing to do with them.

3. No crumbs to throw, we as supporters know all there is to know.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 12, 2014, 10:28:26 am by RJHeader »
Wheres the what?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 12, 2014, 10:38:59 am by since-1969 »
What's it got to do with you :-)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 12, 2014, 11:06:39 am by BillyStubbsTears »
When - will fans learn that parties engaged in confidential discussions are likely to be bound by non-disclosure agreements.

Of course, had the team proposing to takeover the club got their ducks in a row before going into detailed negotiations, the club might not be in the current extended state of purdah.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 12, 2014, 11:53:12 am by Alan Southstand »
But why let that get in the way of a good headline grabbing story, Billy. We know enough about said "team", or part thereof, to know that this kind of thing is nothing new, i.e. shoot first, ask questions later!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 12, 2014, 01:24:06 pm by hoolahoop »
1 Because LT management got the money.....NOT DRFC.

2. They wont. They have accepted offer. Image rights nothing to do with them.

3. No crumbs to throw, we as supporters know all there is to know.

1) You sure about that ?

2) Image rights very much to do with DRFC , I don't see why 1D should benefit by their association with such an institution as DRFC ;)

3) Are you sure we ALL know about the above or just you and a few others ?

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 12, 2014, 01:30:32 pm by Wild Rover »
Yes.

Image rights have nothing to do with TB/DW/GB or DRFC at this time

Yes.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 12, 2014, 02:34:45 pm by hoolahoop »
Yes.

Image rights have nothing to do with TB/DW/GB or DRFC at this time

Yes.

1) Really........you sure about that ?

2) Take it that image rights not the reason at all  ?

3) NO

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 12, 2014, 02:40:04 pm by Wild Rover »
Well, you seem to be holder of information we don't Hoola. Share by all means.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 12, 2014, 02:43:32 pm by hoolahoop »
Well, you seem to be holder of information we don't Hoola. Share by all means.

On the contrary, I have seen nothing yet about a ''done'' deal on DROS or the manner of the deal or the way forward.
Don't the extensions worry you at all ? ;)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 12, 2014, 02:48:24 pm by hoolahoop »
BTW the name ''Pfizer'' springs to mind when I think of supposedly ''DONE'' deals ! 

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 12, 2014, 03:15:09 pm by Wild Rover »
I worry very little about anything DRFC related these days, especially not TO.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 12, 2014, 03:21:57 pm by hoolahoop »
I worry very little about anything DRFC related these days, especially not TO.

A bit like you too. DRFC and T/O definitely off the menu in this house.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 12, 2014, 05:34:44 pm by wilts rover »
Why ..if image rights is a concern now !!wasn't  it a concern  when LT Plays in his charity games.
The charity game was a one off event, for charity, pretty easy to sort out an agreement for that I should think. Without knowing what the problem/issue is right now then I can't offer a solution. It may be something as simple as agreeing the percentage each party has per se, or it might be a different percentage for each article produced. So very easy to see why it is totally different now to the charity game.

When...will the club make a statement of intent either to reject the offer or except but with a closing date.
The club currently has 3 main owners/shareholders, John Ryan, Terry Bramall & Dick Watson, plus several minor ones including the VSC. One of the main shareholders is attempting to purchase/buyout the other two. It is up to them to set their own criteria and I guess it all depends on how far they are apart, if they think an agreement can be reached etc. I guess we shall know what has happened when it has happened but it is not 'the club' who are being bought out, it is one part of 'the club', buying another.

When. ...will the club ever learn that as supporters we just need a little crumb throwing in our direction from time to time . Pre-season friendless will go much better if we know that we have a complete team to watch.
Do we? I am not particularly bothered about pre-season friendlies and would prefer the management to pick the players/team/transfer targets not the supporters. FFS next seasons' fixtures are not even out yet.

Hope that answers your questions, just my opinion like.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 12, 2014, 07:10:27 pm by The Red Baron »
When - will fans learn that parties engaged in confidential discussions are likely to be bound by non-disclosure agreements.

Of course, had the team proposing to takeover the club got their ducks in a row before going into detailed negotiations, the club might not be in the current extended state of purdah.

Couldn't agree more...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 12, 2014, 07:15:30 pm by The Red Baron »

The club currently has 3 main owners/shareholders, John Ryan, Terry Bramall & Dick Watson, plus several minor ones including the VSC. One of the main shareholders is attempting to purchase/buyout the other two. It is up to them to set their own criteria and I guess it all depends on how far they are apart, if they think an agreement can be reached etc. I guess we shall know what has happened when it has happened but it is not 'the club' who are being bought out, it is one part of 'the club', buying another.

Which makes it all the more puzzling and frustrating that transfer  business has been put on hold. Maybe it isn't hurting us right now, but it will if it isn't resolved within a week or so's time. Unless JR and LT are going to take an axe to the playing budget (which I think unlikely) I can't see why Dickov can't be allowed to make signings within the funds the current owners have made available.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 12, 2014, 08:10:01 pm by since-1969 »
If it isn't problem then surely it would have been done already .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012