Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:35:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: My two pennies worth  (Read 3999 times)

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
My two pennies worth
« on June 22, 2014, 08:23:38 pm by RobbieDRFC »
For what it's worth, I predict the following, TB & DW are letting JR and his disciples have their 15 minutes in the sun, they will let him run the club, when JR realises that once again he doesn't have the finances behind him to keep us a sustainable club and his experiment fails once again, TB and DW will ride back in and save the day and they get the recognition they deserve within the club.

Or

When it does go tits up, DW at TB will wash their hands of us and we will struggle to compete with lg 2 teams let alone Championship.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: My two pennies worth
« Reply #1 on June 22, 2014, 08:26:26 pm by Wellred »
Thanks for your positivity.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 22, 2014, 08:27:30 pm by since-1969 »
2nd one most likely . IF it goes tits up

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 22, 2014, 08:30:49 pm by River Don »
I reckon we're unlikely to see TB and DW return. Dick because of his health, TB because he's getting on and doesn't need the hassle late in his retirement.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 22, 2014, 08:37:32 pm by not on facebook »
For what it's worth, I predict the following, TB & DW are letting JR and his disciples have their 15 minutes in the sun, they will let him run the club, when JR realises that once again he doesn't have the finances behind him to keep us a sustainable club and his experiment fails once again, TB and DW will ride back in and save the day and they get the recognition they deserve within the club.

Or

When it does go tits up, DW at TB will wash their hands of us and we will struggle to compete with lg 2 teams let alone Championship.

What do you think wil happen should rovers Get promotion This term?

Could it be possible that a serious push could be Made and done  on the jump to prem Now that LT is onboard

Do rovers have a better chance all beit outside Than likes Of Barnsley,scunny,bradford,yeovil,oldham,notts county,roachdale,Chesterfield etc etc Of a promotion push to prem

I think so all beit a tad more

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 22, 2014, 08:43:39 pm by hoolahoop »
Going for the 2nd. option too sadly :(

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 22, 2014, 08:43:49 pm by RobbieDRFC »

I wish I could be positive, I just fail to understand how he struggled with the finances previously and needed the KM 2, I don't know how flogging a few 1D scarfs are going to help the cause. Last I looked we had raised £20km from this fund raising thing, which will cover 2 players wages for 2 weeks.

I reckon we're unlikely to see TB and DW return. Dick because of his health, TB because he's getting on and doesn't need the hassle late in his retirement.

I wouldn't blame them to be honest with the way they are treated, no big thank you for getting us sharp, tamas, Neil & Meite, they gave dickov all the backing he needed for the job.

The grass isn't always a greener, sometimes people don't realise when they are onto a good thing.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 22, 2014, 08:45:09 pm by StocktonRover »
Until such time as hair and teeth show their cards, stop paying lip service to the fans and actually let us nose what their intentions ear, promotion is a huge "if"!

We need to stop haemorrhaging players and they need to sinus some instead.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 22, 2014, 08:46:56 pm by no eyed deer »
For what it's worth , I think SC will be the owners this time next season

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 22, 2014, 08:47:54 pm by RobbieDRFC »

Or

What do you think wil happen should rovers Get promotion This term?

Could it be possible that a serious push could be Made and done  on the jump to prem Now that LT is onboard

Do rovers have a better chance all beit outside Than likes Of Barnsley,scunny,bradford,yeovil,oldham,notts county,roachdale,Chesterfield etc etc Of a promotion push to prem

I think so all beit a tad more

I think if we was to get promoted the Irish consortium will be back on the scene. We will still be financially out of our depth. The problem been a yo yo club we are unable to build a strong enough team as every other year our best players leave for pastures new.

I think we will never see the premiership. Now the BT money is involved the gap between premiership and championship will be even greater.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 22, 2014, 08:48:38 pm by StocktonRover »

unfortunately you may well be right.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 22, 2014, 08:59:29 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

unfortunately you may well be right.

It's possible for sure from the little we know. All we can do is persist in asking the right questions whilst only judging on what is evident.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 22, 2014, 09:02:02 pm by River Don »

I wish I could be positive, I just fail to understand how he struggled with the finances previously and needed the KM 2, I don't know how flogging a few 1D scarfs are going to help the cause. Last I looked we had raised £20km from this fund raising thing, which will cover 2 players wages for 2 weeks.

I wouldn't blame them to be honest with the way they are treated, no big thank you for getting us sharp, tamas, Neil & Meite, they gave dickov all the backing he needed for the job.

The grass isn't always a greener, sometimes people don't realise when they are onto a good thing.

TBH I just feel great saddness at the missed opportunity here.

TB & DW tried to reach out to John and offer him the opportunity to keep the status quo going. I think they would have been more than happy to sit in the background and help fund the club just so long as they didn't feel John was taking their money for granted.

Now we could have seen the three of them at the helm while bringing in LT as a the new youthful face of the board with new ideas of promoting the club.

What might have been.

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 22, 2014, 09:07:51 pm by RobbieDRFC »

TB & DW tried to reach out to John and offer him the opportunity to keep the status quo going. I think they would have been more than happy to sit in the background and help fund the club just so long as they didn't feel John was taking their money for granted.

Now we could have seen the three of them at the helm while bringing in LT as a the new youthful face of the board with new ideas of promoting the club.

What might have been.

I agree, it's easy to shout and scream with someone else's money. The 4 of them would if been great. Obviously a lot of our fans prefer a chairman who turns up when the light of a fridge comes on rather then focus on the running of the club.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 22, 2014, 09:24:01 pm by boro_rover »
I too am sad to see Watson and Bramall go. For years we moaned at them to put some of their millions in and many claimed it was all JR paying in. Once JR was off the scene, we made some excellent signings, giving Dickov the backing to keep us up and he failed.

I really don't know where the future is for us. I'm not overly enthusiastic to have JR back, he saved us before, but it's no secret he hasn't got the power to do it alone. And if anyone thinks we have the kind if money now to go on to push at the PL they must be having a laugh.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 22, 2014, 09:25:56 pm by not on facebook »

What might have been.

I agree, it's easy to shout and scream with someone else's money. The 4 of them would if been great. Obviously a lot of our fans prefer a chairman who turns up when the light of a fridge comes on rather then focus on the running of the club.

Is there a chance 3 Of the four could sit on the DRFC board since DW is not
In good health

Love the expression hair and teeth pointed out elsewhere on This Thread

Still Cant stop laughing at that

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 22, 2014, 09:32:00 pm by no eyed deer »
For what it's worth again , I just seen the signings they made was more of sticking to finger up to JR ... Sharp , and Wellins especially

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 22, 2014, 09:32:21 pm by RobbieDRFC »
I too am sad to see Watson and Bramall go. For years we moaned at them to put some of their millions in and many claimed it was all JR paying in. Once JR was off the scene, we made some excellent signings, giving Dickov the backing to keep us up and he failed.

I really don't know where the future is for us. I'm not overly enthusiastic to have JR back, he saved us before, but it's no secret he hasn't got the power to do it alone. And if anyone thinks we have the kind if money now to go on to push at the PL they must be having a laugh.

I agree, Us in the premier league is a ridiculous statement and up their with something sepp blatter would say. Why not go fall out and say we will win the champs league! It's that kind of BS which make me cringe at JR.

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 22, 2014, 09:34:49 pm by RobbieDRFC »
For what it's worth again , I just seen the signings they made was more of sticking to finger up to JR ... Sharp , and Wellins especially

It must of been frustrating for them. Our thick fans was wanting them to make signings when the loan and transfer window was closed and they were getting heckled for not investing! I think now they will be chuckling at the fans now they have given the loud mouth few what they want!

Slimneil

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 22, 2014, 09:36:20 pm by Slimneil »
100% they can make a move now with no opposition

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 22, 2014, 09:43:45 pm by RedJ »

Yep, not because they wanted us to survive. :silly:

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 22, 2014, 09:44:25 pm by no eyed deer »
Robbiedrfc after reading your post 3 times , I got the jist of what you were saying LOL ....

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 22, 2014, 09:51:38 pm by no eyed deer »
What I was saying was , the only reason they signed sharp and Wellins ( on a  full time contract ) was to stick two finger up at JR . My thick thoughts only ...

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 22, 2014, 09:55:27 pm by RedJ »
What I was saying was , the only reason they signed sharp and Wellins ( on a  full time contract ) was to stick two finger up at JR . My thick thoughts only ...

Sorry if I've read more into that than what you meant. :)

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 22, 2014, 09:59:32 pm by RobbieDRFC »

Apologises no eyed deer, that wasn't aimed directly at yourself, your point maybe right maybe wrong we'll never know. However their was a lot of vocal fans at the time who wanted them to bring players in when it impossible for them to do so, my comment was aimed at them.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 22, 2014, 10:10:55 pm by no eyed deer »
My only gripe with the board was that they never brought a center-back in when Jones got injured . It left us too short at the back ...

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 22, 2014, 10:23:41 pm by RobbieDRFC »
My only gripe with the board was that they never brought a center-back in when Jones got injured . It left us too short at the back ...

Short in numbers or short in height?

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 22, 2014, 10:45:42 pm by no eyed deer »
Let's just say Wakefield made the starting eleven . Give youth a chance an all that. Can remember a certain Webster in his youth and he looked out of his depth then ..

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 22, 2014, 10:50:19 pm by RobbieDRFC »
Let's just say Wakefield made the starting eleven . Give youth a chance an all that. Can remember a certain Webster in his youth and he looked out of his depth then ..

Lol, can't argue with that one!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 22, 2014, 10:55:09 pm by hoolahoop »

What might have been.

Sadly I agree 100% RD , a missed opportunity but JR doesn't like to share the limelight. He would have been 'pecking' behind the scenes and possibly undermining. Just an opinion based on hearsay.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012