Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:43:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Chris Brown gone to Blackburn  (Read 2059 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Chris Brown gone to Blackburn
« on June 23, 2014, 01:15:11 pm by bobjimwilly »
http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/rovers-seal-striker-deal-1659656.aspx

Rovers have made their first signing of the summer with the capture of Chris Brown from Doncaster.
The striker jumped at the chance to team up with ‘genuine promotion contenders’, following his release from Doncaster Rovers, joining on a two-year deal until the summer of 2016.

The powerful frontman was one of the few shining lights in a disappointing season for Donny last term and was named their Player of the Year after netting nine league goals.

“I’m delighted to be here,” said the 29-year-old. “As soon as I found out about the interest from Blackburn that’s where I wanted to go. It’s a massive club with genuine ambitions for promotion and that is something that I wanted to be a part of and I can’t wait to get started.

“I know a few of the lads here and they really rate the manager. I came to the training ground and had a look around and the staff made me feel very welcome. We have Premier League facilities here.”

Brown began his career at Sunderland, but spent his first season on loan at Doncaster, where he scored 10 goals as they were crowned Third Division champions in 2003-04.

He helped his parent club to promotion to the Premier League the following season and then again in 2007.

Brown spent a year with Norwich City, before joining Preston North End in January 2008 - where he netted 18 goals - ahead of a return move to Doncaster in 2011.

He scored eight goals as Doncaster were promoted to the Championship as League One champions in 2012-13.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
Re: Chris Brown gone to Blackburn
« Reply #1 on June 23, 2014, 01:31:10 pm by jamesrover17 »
Rather worrying that we released big Billy P aswell now... with Theo and Peterson our only 2 recognised strikers and if Theo has the release clause in his contract theres nothing to stop him from going as well

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 23, 2014, 01:33:12 pm by Alan Southstand »
Does he need a lift somewhere?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 23, 2014, 04:10:46 pm by mushRTID »
Interesting comment from their website;

“Contrary to reports, he is not on the wages that their Chairman has stated and we are disappointed that for the second summer running he has made comments regarding player’s wages that are both unwelcome and inaccurate.”

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 23, 2014, 06:35:08 pm by RobbieDRFC »
Interesting comment from their website;

“Contrary to reports, he is not on the wages that their Chairman has stated and we are disappointed that for the second summer running he has made comments regarding player’s wages that are both unwelcome and inaccurate.”

People will still say he only speaks the truth!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 23, 2014, 06:56:57 pm by PDX_Rover »
Hmmmm.....

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 23, 2014, 07:27:02 pm by The Red Baron »
Rather worrying that we released big Billy P aswell now... with Theo and Peterson our only 2 recognised strikers and if Theo has the release clause in his contract theres nothing to stop him from going as well

I'm guessing that the "free transfer" part of the relegation clause only applies if the player moves to a Championship club or higher.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012