Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 05:15:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: So Browny not on the wages claimed???  (Read 7594 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
So Browny not on the wages claimed???
« on June 23, 2014, 07:35:35 pm by PDX_Rover »
Blackburn statement: “Contrary to reports, he is not on the wages that their Chairman has stated and we are disappointed that for the second summer running he has made comments regarding player’s wages that are both unwelcome and inaccurate.”

And so it begins....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: So Browny not on the wages claimed???
« Reply #1 on June 23, 2014, 07:37:47 pm by wilts rover »
Errr, it's only begun because you started it.....

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 23, 2014, 07:44:53 pm by PDX_Rover »
Really? I didn't claim that Brown was on £10k a week at Blackburn did I? Just pointing out some inaccuracies in what certain parties are claiming to be fact.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 23, 2014, 07:46:15 pm by Wellred »
So you would rather believe their chairman then?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 23, 2014, 07:48:38 pm by PDX_Rover »
Well, why would they issue a statement - nothing to gain from it. They have the player. Going on form, you see.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 23, 2014, 07:48:53 pm by bpoolrover »
There chairman won't admit it or any other players going there would want more more

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 23, 2014, 07:50:08 pm by Wellred »
Well, why would they issue a statement - nothing to gain from it. They have the player. Going on form, you see.

You certainly are going on form

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 23, 2014, 07:52:19 pm by PDX_Rover »
Possibly. Maybe our Rovers will issue a counter statement then, as they are calling our chairman a liar in public. If what is claimed is true - clear legal case surely?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 07:58:52 pm by PDX_Rover »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 23, 2014, 07:52:37 pm by wilts rover »
But why have you pointed out some accuracies in what certain parties are claiming to be facts without having any greater access to what the facts are? Is Chris Brown on a weekly bonus scheme that will take his wages up to £10k if he scores a certain number of goals, which then make them both right, I have no idea and neither do you.

You have started this thread to be provocotive and argumentative, do we really need it at this time.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 23, 2014, 07:53:55 pm by PDX_Rover »
Ahhhh Wellred. You always have to shoot down anyone who dare question the integrity of our beloved St. John don't you? He who cannot be questioned.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 23, 2014, 07:55:43 pm by Wellred »
Not at all PDX but wouldn't it be good to see a post from you that for a change wasn't having a go at JR?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 23, 2014, 07:57:20 pm by PDX_Rover »
Wilts - the facts are that John claimed Brown is on £10,000 a week at Blackburn. Blackburn are saying that it's not true and this is the second time that he (Ryan) has done the same thing in successive seasons.

One of the parties is not being truthful. If John is correct then he would seem to have a case for legal action against Blackburn.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 23, 2014, 07:58:17 pm by PDX_Rover »
I'm all for JR. Just don't like people telling porkies.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 23, 2014, 07:58:56 pm by StocktonRover »
As much as JR has lost credibility with some fans, and has some history of telling untruths, does it really matter what wages Browny is on at Blackburn?

In reality it should be a private matter between his new employer and himself / his agent.

In reality, JRs comment is pedalled as fact to try and soften the fallout from people saying we lack ambition.
Arguably he should be wise enough to make a statement that isn't open to such rebuttal -- perhaps along the lines that" Browny was offered terms that we couldn't match" - that way he's not made to look like a serial liar.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 23, 2014, 08:00:21 pm by PDX_Rover »
Agree Stockton. It's in the wording so that you are not made to look a fool.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 23, 2014, 08:09:58 pm by Alickismyhero »
Wred,
You are getting very boring with the pointless defence of Ryan, ring a bell?

You always seem to runaway when I make a comment!!!

Think back to Tommy Spurr, ring another bell?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 23, 2014, 08:10:55 pm by Ldr »
Has Browny (or his agent) claimed he's been offered 10k per week as leverage in negotiations before deciding? who knows

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 23, 2014, 08:19:32 pm by Wellred »
Wred,
You are getting very boring with the pointless defence of Ryan, ring a bell?

You always seem to runaway when I make a comment!!!

Think back to Tommy Spurr, ring another bell?

Alick.

I am not running away and I apologise for not sitting at my computer poised to give you an instantaneous reply.

It isn't a pointless defence of John Ryan. In fact I have been a critic of him on certain occasions in the past.

What really gets to me is the obsession both you and PDX have with your constant criticism of anything JR is accredited with saying or doing.

Does that answer your question?

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 23, 2014, 08:45:42 pm by Alickismyhero »
Thank God you have surfaced. It is an answer but hardly following the truth.

You tend not to answer my questions which total 5 now. When I posted those questions you were still on the forum.

Lets take the last two points I made.

When anyone feels the need to defend a position that you disagree with you come out with "You are becoming boring" you do it with me and now PDX, a pattern is forming. Perhaps you should pay a little more respect and explain to us lesser motals why you are bored with our comments.

Ryan said the same thing when Tommy went to Blackburn and I said "ring another bell" I see you avoided that point. Was I right or wrong in that comment?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 23, 2014, 08:48:48 pm by Wellred »
I haven't been away. Unlike you!!

You know what. You are not worth arguing with. This will be my last reply to anything you post.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 23, 2014, 08:49:37 pm by pib »
Jesus. Who cares?

It's in JR's interests to beef up what Blackburn are paying Brown to make his own position and his own club look better.

It's in Blackburn's interests to dismiss figures on what they pay their players for several reasons which can be easily surmised.

Since when did every comment made in football have to be the gospel truth? 95% of what you hear is lies/gossip/speculation/bullshit. People do it all the time.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 23, 2014, 08:58:58 pm by Alickismyhero »
To all those that have been ridiculed by Wred will be relieved because they and can now see what his agenda is.

In the past I have strongly defended Wreds right to express his opinion when others were asking for him to be removed.

Whats Wred's response when I ask him difficult questions? I am not talking to you any more, well now you know how to deal with him, he's not talking to me any more!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 23, 2014, 09:35:02 pm by PDX_Rover »
Jesus. Who cares?

It's in JR's interests to beef up what Blackburn are paying Brown to make his own position and his own club look better.

It's in Blackburn's interests to dismiss figures on what they pay their players for several reasons which can be easily surmised.

Since when did every comment made in football have to be the gospel truth? 95% of what you hear is lies/gossip/speculation/bullshit. People do it all the time.

God help us... So it's OK to blatantly lie then? That's part of what we should accept as the norm then?

Of course it doesn't matter what Browny is earning. It's a done deal. as Stockton said... There are better ways of couching that info though than leaving it open to refute.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 23, 2014, 09:48:11 pm by dknward2 »
Maybe browny is now on 9,500 then for us to keep him we need to offer 10,000 therefore JR says hes on 10 so they are almost both right

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 23, 2014, 09:50:59 pm by pib »
Jesus. Who cares?

God help us... So it's OK to blatantly lie then? That's part of what we should accept as the norm then?

Of course it doesn't matter what Browny is earning. It's a done deal. as Stockton said... There are better ways of couching that info though than leaving it open to refute.

I never said it was right, but being economical with the truth to favour your own club or personal position is commonplace in football. Rightly or wrongly. I suspect this example is being used to criticise JR. That's up to you though if it is. For me, it's not such an outrage.

Our manager has a knack of telling porkies on a regular basis, for a start.

If I could be bothered, I'd pull up the Tommy Spurr thread from last year. I suspect I wouldn't find such an outcry on there as this has caused. But JR wasn't enemy number one back then I suppose.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 23, 2014, 10:05:53 pm by Alickismyhero »
Yes there was an outcry at the time with Tommy having to say, politely, that Ryan was wrong in what he said., he could really have said "he's not exactly telling the truth"

I think Tommy went on to  give a donation to the youth section of the club. If you recall that was caused because of the SC TO and PD not being in a position to offer a contract, a bit like now really.

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 23, 2014, 10:26:28 pm by RobbieDRFC »
Why would JR know exactly what's in the contract? As far as I'm aware the player goes of and discusses personal terms, these are between the club and player not the two clubs.

Maybe Ryan asked how much it would cost to keep him and his agent added a few extra grand for his client and Ryan has taken that as what he's getting offered.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #27 on June 23, 2014, 10:27:35 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Wellred. You have recently been very demanding of TB. Wanting statements to show his ambition for the club etc.  It could be said Brown going to Blackburn, and possibly not on big wages, also shows a lack of ambition. Premier League here we come. I suspect if TB was still at the helm, and this happened on his watch, you'd be all over him like a rash.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 23, 2014, 10:31:34 pm by bpoolrover »
Pdx reading your posts you seem a intelligent guy,how many chairman tell the truth all the time in fact how many business men do? It's as likely the Blackburn chairman is lying but u seem intent on saying jr is!  Why do you think that he is?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 23, 2014, 10:34:24 pm by Wellred »
Wellred. You have recently been very demanding of TB. Wanting statements to show his ambition for the club etc.  It could be said Brown going to Blackburn, and possibly not on big wages, also shows a lack of ambition. Premier League here we come. I suspect if TB was still at the helm, and this happened on his watch, you'd be all over him like a rash.

In truth I don't think money has had a great deal to do with it DBR.
Browny has been offered the chance to go to a club with realistic premiership ambitions along with everything that goes with it.
The alternative was to stay at a club in league 1.

Be honest what would you choose?
I know which I would choose.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012