Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:35:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ryan supporters  (Read 6458 times)

aidanstu

• Forum Member
Ryan supporters
« on July 17, 2014, 04:39:53 pm by aidanstu »
For the second season pre-season running John Ryan has made this football club look like a complete shambles.

At this moment in time I don't care of the previous sucesses he has brought to the club; the damage he has done since is really starting to jeapordise this clubs future and is on par with the actions of Richardson et al.

The Ryan/ Tomlinson Trust could have withdrew their offer weeks ago when it was clearly obvious that the trust wouldn't make the 2 million required. Ths may have given TB and DW a chance, not led Paul Dickov, players, prospective players, supporters and staff at the club down this road.

You have to seriously start to doubt JR's motives and whether, if he couldn't make up even the shortfall of 1.2 million in the fundraising effort, how the hell he was going to run this club in the first place.

Please JR walk away from the club and let us get on with being sustainable. What a fool.

I warned of this situation both last year and immediatly following the announcement of the proposed take over. The man is planning for retirement, wants to move to SA  :headbang:but clearly wants his parting shot before he goes.

Now will all the JR supporters please stand up. I'm furious.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: Ryan supporters
« Reply #1 on July 17, 2014, 04:41:51 pm by Wellred »
Here we go again with the sustainable b*llocks.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 17, 2014, 04:42:38 pm by keith79 »
Richardson you idiot.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 17, 2014, 04:42:54 pm by DonnyNoel »
That's a hefty statement to make based on one press release made less than two hours ago with no further information to go on  :ohmy:

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 17, 2014, 04:47:43 pm by Wild Rover »
Too easy to jump to conclusions based on a few "Tweets", We will see what tomorrow brings.

Derby Viking

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 17, 2014, 04:47:57 pm by Derby Viking »
Sounds like it might all be untrue and the takeover is still going ahead as planned

SOD

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 17, 2014, 04:49:49 pm by SOD »
For the second season pre-season running John Ryan has made this football club look like a complete shambles.

At this moment in time I don't care of the previous sucesses he has brought to the club; the damage he has done since is really starting to jeapordise this clubs future and is on par with the actions of Richardson et al.

The Ryan/ Tomlinson Trust could have withdrew their offer weeks ago when it was clearly obvious that the trust wouldn't make the 2 million required. Ths may have given TB and DW a chance, not led Paul Dickov, players, prospective players, supporters and staff at the club down this road.

You have to seriously start to doubt JR's motives and whether, if he couldn't make up even the shortfall of 1.2 million in the fundraising effort, how the hell he was going to run this club in the first place.

Please JR walk away from the club and let us get on with being sustainable. What a fool.

I warned of this situation both last year and immediatly following the announcement of the proposed take over. The man is planning for retirement, wants to move to SA  :headbang:but clearly wants his parting shot before he goes.

Your cup's half empty, some people can't wait for it not to work.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 17, 2014, 04:50:45 pm by aidanstu »
Mark my words. Yes its a press release but they are direct quotes from Ryan and tomlinson. I, as I have said before, got information a number of months ago when the SC deal went tits up about JR's intentions. This  came from two individuals one in TB camp and one in JR.

Yes its a huge statment to compare him to Richardson but at this moment in time how much better off are we than when Ryan took over in terms of assets and future prospects? I'm sure he didn't set out when he initially took over but he has made a right hash of it over the last 4 years.

Viking Jack

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 17, 2014, 04:51:12 pm by Viking Jack »
I try not to bother with the backroom stuff too much, all I want is for us to sign some players, and have a decent season. We either seem to be high flying or in a shambles and I'm a bit fed up of the drama now.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 17, 2014, 04:51:46 pm by Muttley »

When will you get it into your thick head that "sustainable" means an acceptable level of losses incurred and funded by the owners by injection of capital/loans?

It does not mean that the club has to operate without losses.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 17, 2014, 04:52:15 pm by aidanstu »

Your cup's half empty, some people can't wait for it not to work.

You couldn't be more wrong. I hope it is all untrue but nothing has convinced me about Ryan for the past 4 years.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 17, 2014, 04:54:35 pm by Wellred »

When will you get it into your thick head that "sustainable" means an acceptable level of losses incurred and funded by the owners by injection of capital/loans?

It does not mean that the club has to operate without losses.

So Mr Smart. Next season we buy lots of expensive players on huge salaries and make a loss of £10m.
The directors cover this loss by injecting capital/loans to the tune of £10M.

I guess this makes us sustainable then does it?

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 17, 2014, 04:56:57 pm by Wild Rover »
As many know I don't subscribe to the Ryan is god theory, but, even he surely would not attempt a take over based on "Crowdfunder", lets face it its only a drop in the ocean compared to requirement to run a club.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 17, 2014, 05:01:41 pm by aidanstu »
Richardson you idiot.

??? what? less of the insults, I have an opinion, I am entitled to it and if thats the limitation of the insight your able to express I really wouldn't bother.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 17, 2014, 05:03:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Jesus Wellred, will you let it drop? We've been over this a million f**king times. As Muttley says, "sustainable" means living within certain means. The means over the last few years involved Bramall and Watson putting £1m+ per year into the club.

If the club spent £10m more than it earned and the directors were prepared to cover that shortfall in perpetuity, then YES, that would also be sustainable. Is that clear now?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 17, 2014, 05:05:53 pm by since-1969 »
It's about time the supporters concerns were delt with . Let's face it those like me who have paid for their season ticket are entitled to know what have we bought and who is in charge and is there a PLAN B?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 17, 2014, 05:06:21 pm by Wellred »
It has been clear all along to me.
I am simply pointing out that the way some people seem to think we are a sustainable club is all b*llocks.
You obviously agree by the contents of your post.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 17, 2014, 05:08:44 pm by aidanstu »
It has been clear all along to me.
I am simply pointing out that the way some people seem to think we are a sustainable club is all b*llocks.
You obviously agree by the contents of your post.

And you assumed I was one of them? why?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 17, 2014, 05:21:26 pm by RoversAlias »
I agree with the OP on everything bar the Richardson and South Africa comments. John Ryan's methods the last year or so have been detrimental to the club. For all he has done in the past, I think he should leave us be now. If this takeover is indeed falling through purely because of the crowdfunder thing failing then he has made a huge error and cannot realistically be able to run our club. I just want Doncaster Rovers to be a sustainable football club that operates normally.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 17, 2014, 05:26:02 pm by since-1969 »
It's for sale ! So no new money will be made available not unless JR puts his share in and he's skint.

graemedrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 17, 2014, 05:29:04 pm by graemedrfc »
Ryan has lost all credibility for me. Time after time he's made this club look like a shambles and undoing all the good work in the past. Well done to Dick and Terry for steadying the ship.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 17, 2014, 05:37:51 pm by aidanstu »
John Ryan is now trying to claim that it's because of the FA's "new" Fit and Proper Persons Test and the fact he didn't demonstrate he had 5 million plus in assets.

I'm sorry John you should have known from the outset of this entire saga what you needed to demonstrate before making the bid.

He has again demonstrated his lack of business acumen and his recent complete disregard of this football club. I say it again Richardsonesque.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 17, 2014, 05:50:04 pm by Wellred »
One thing baffles me.
JR cannot take the club over because he fails the fit and proper owners test.
If JR still owns 25% of DRFC is he a fit and proper owner or not?

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 17, 2014, 06:01:04 pm by aidanstu »
One thing baffles me.

You have to own 30% of a club or be in cohoots with somebody who together owns 30% of the club to be considered under the Fit and Proper Persons test.

Something tells me something is not quite as it seems in JR's statement to the press. If he only had to display to the FA that he assets of £5m why not do it? especially as he knew a number of months ago, or at least should have done, what the requirment are.

Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 17, 2014, 06:02:41 pm by Muttley »
One thing baffles me.

The bar is obviously a lot higher if you are taking a controlling interest compared to his current minority shareholding.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 17, 2014, 06:07:46 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Quite clearly the money isn't there. Big wage bill, long term pushing for the prem is far far bigger than 5 million. All those promises amounted to needing massive sums of cash.  Thus 5 million if it is the issue shouldn't have been a problem. It's just poor all round. Jr was a legend for years but he doesn't seem to want to walk away.  Understandable completely but it's damaging to the club and that's a shame.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 17, 2014, 06:27:39 pm by Wellred »
One thing baffles me.

You have to own 30% of a club or be in cohoots with somebody who together owns 30% of the club to be considered under the Fit and Proper Persons test.

Something tells me something is not quite as it seems in JR's statement to the press. If he only had to display to the FA that he assets of £5m why not do it? especially as he knew a number of months ago, or at least should have done, what the requirment are.

I don't think it is assets I think it is cash in the bank.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 17, 2014, 06:44:43 pm by silent majority »
One thing baffles me.

People are getting confused with the terms being thrown around and the process. Firstly when there's a major change in ownership then the process has to be applied as from the beginning, i.e. as though you were a new applicant and looking to buy your first football club. The Owners and Directors test is a small part of a much bigger process known as FFI, which stands for Future Financial Implementation, or words to that effect. (that probably is wrong!)

The Owners and Directors test is simply a matter of ascertaining if you are fit and capable to run a club which allies itself very much to company law in the UK. In other words have you ever had more than one bankruptcy on your record and do you have a criminal conviction of note? If you can say no to those questions then you pass. However the FFI needs to be met and that's the part that ascertains if you have sufficient funds to run the club based on your budgets and revenue streams. All clubs have to do it!

Its not new, but it has become more rigorous and fits in with FFP. Existing Directors should know that.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 17, 2014, 06:45:46 pm by Boomstick »

You really are a clueless idiot, if your comparing JR to KR.
In fact I would go as far as to say its libel and slander.
Are you saying JR's attempted takeover was with the intention of killing the club and milking the assets?

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 17, 2014, 06:54:10 pm by keith79 »
like i said idiot

TinyPortal © 2005-2012