Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:38:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wellens interview  (Read 10018 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Wellens interview
« Reply #60 on July 23, 2014, 01:03:51 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Actually how do you value an asset, how do you determine how liquid that asset is?

It depends on many things that is for sure.  Again, accounting wise you can have lots of assets that you can't turn to cash, or lots of assets and lots of liabilities, again undesirable.  The onus was on JR to prove he could do that - he failed.  Again though, there's nothing to stop him doing that right now is there?  He is still a big enough shareholder.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on July 23, 2014, 01:04:10 pm by silent majority »
For the final time its not the FA! Its the Football League!

These rules have been in place for the last four years, surely a club Chairman should know what he has to do.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on July 23, 2014, 01:05:23 pm by IDM »
You may well be right IDM, but it may also be the opinion of several others. I wonder what James a bailey thinks? Chris Brown? And all the other players who've left/likely to leave

Just my opinion, but for several of those players the lure of championship football (as well as more money) may have been a deciding factor in exercising release clauses, ie Brown etc.

Bailey needs a club, if we are delayed in offering contracts, and someone else nips in, that's our bad.  Same for free agents like Copps etc.  I am just as frustrated as everyone with the lack of current incomings or re-signings, but it is difficult if the budget has not been set.

I'll reserve my judgement until the season starts ans what kinds of performances and results our squad (whoever they are) return.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on July 23, 2014, 01:06:18 pm by Red wizard »
I was going to go get my season ticket on monday. Listening to this has put me right off.  Don't get me wrong i will still go to games but i'm not skinting my self by getting a season ticket.
I read the statment from TB the other day and took from it we would be at the top end of the league in terms of budget. It seems i was wrong.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on July 23, 2014, 01:07:35 pm by Lipsy »
And also, the FL made it clear in their statement that the door was still open for further dialogue. Why did JR slam it shut so very, very quickly?

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on July 23, 2014, 01:08:01 pm by Wild Rover »
ANYONE with over 30K in a bank account ( at any bank ) is foolish. That's all that can be "Insured" against if Bank goes tits up.  No wonder Ryan and Tomlinson failed there.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on July 23, 2014, 01:08:44 pm by Canadian Rover »
From One Direction to No Direction.

I'm all for cutting the budget and not being held to ransom, but I also believe going into a season with no goal keeper in the squad is mental!

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on July 23, 2014, 01:09:36 pm by Wild Rover »

These rules have been in place for the last four years, surely a club Chairman should know what he has to do.

Was not a change put in place when Super Mario bought Leeds Martin.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on July 23, 2014, 01:09:59 pm by Filo »
ANYONE with over 30K in a bank account ( at any bank ) is foolish. That's all that can be "Insured" against if Bank goes tits up.  No wonder Ryan and Tomlinson failed there.

£85k

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on July 23, 2014, 01:10:29 pm by Dagenham Rover »
And also, the FL made it clear in their statement that the door was still open for further dialogue. Why did JR slam it shut so very, very quickly?

I wondered on that one as well

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on July 23, 2014, 01:11:49 pm by silent majority »

No. The same rules applied then. All that's changed is the consolidation of those rules across the 3 leagues.

Cellino failed the Owners and Directors test, JR failed the FFI.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on July 23, 2014, 01:12:59 pm by the vicar »
So, Wellens says that with JR and LT at the helm 'the club would have moved forward'. He says now they have gone 'that's not the case'.

Tell us more Richie, please!
I have been telling you all the same thing he knows the same info as me

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on July 23, 2014, 01:13:56 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Not at all the case in company terms.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on July 23, 2014, 01:15:02 pm by dickos1 »
People have been constantly accusing others of blind faith in John Ryan. Yet it seems to me those same people are guilty of exactly the same in brammal.
He's done nothing in this last week to make us comfortable with him in charge, apart from a statement which he is contradicting by his actions.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on July 23, 2014, 01:15:08 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Well, one thing is for sure: having now listened to the full interview, Richie is well p###d off. And it seems like the supporters are not being told the full story.
Shame really as without is there wouldn't be a club. Be interesting to see what the crowds are like at the start of the season and how much flak is flying if we have a bed start

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on July 23, 2014, 01:15:28 pm by Filo »

No. The same rules applied then. All that's changed is the consolidation of those rules across the 3 leagues.

Cellino failed the Owners and Directors test, JR failed the FFI.

Cellino knuckled down and appealed that decision, JR threw his Teddy out, spit his dummy out and took his ball home!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on July 23, 2014, 01:17:03 pm by dickos1 »
Cellino had significant grounds for appeal.. Ryan didnt

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on July 23, 2014, 01:19:03 pm by Wild Rover »

We are not talking about a company, we are talking about Ryan and Tomlinson, Individuals.

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on July 23, 2014, 01:20:25 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Actually no we're not, they claimed they were investing as a company, completely different.  Even then they could have set one up, simple as that.  If they were days away from big cash transactions and all was done, they'd have had the cash readily available, you can't just turn an asset to cash in seconds and would likely take some work.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on July 23, 2014, 01:21:54 pm by Filo »

We are not talking about a company, we are talking about Ryan and Tomlinson, Individuals.

According to my financial advisor it's £85k

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on July 23, 2014, 01:22:17 pm by dickos1 »
All irrelevant now.
We just need to know what's happening now? A ridiculous statement is all we have, Baldwin or brammal need to tell us what's going off today.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on July 23, 2014, 01:24:18 pm by graingrover »
I guess Jr has been in close contact with RW regularly and I remember at this stage last year talking to RW before an early season match ( Rochdale). He firmly believed that the takeover with Sequentia would go ahead because he 'knew JR' . I thought Fg hell get real! He still knows Jr of course . I guess RW takes advice fro his agent ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on July 23, 2014, 01:26:32 pm by silent majority »
They're very close, always have been. So listening to RW would be like listening to JR. You have to accept his interview in that vein.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on July 23, 2014, 01:31:01 pm by boro_rover »
How many players did we have on the books this time two seasons ago before we won league one?

It is looking pretty grim at the moment, but I do have faith in the km2. They haven't let us down before and pulled all the stops out trying to keep us up in January when everyone was calling for them to pack in. I'm sure there are irons in the fire.

The fact is a player of Wellens calibre is never going to be content in league one at this stage of his career. He was our best player last season and justified being the one being payed above our usual salary capacity. He always have everything and over the years has been a good servant to the club.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on July 23, 2014, 01:32:09 pm by dickos1 »
So were turning on wellens now aswell. It's obvious to anyone who isn't hanging on bramalls every word, that were pretty screwed.
Yes wellens was on a lot, but was Clarke, was coppinger, was bailey?
All players who were due to sign.
Since the Barnsley game and Ryan's resignation I've had the opinion that bramall was the right man for the job, even during this takeover I would've preferred bramall to stay at the helm.
But he's letting us down badly here in my opinion, immediately after the Leicester game Dickov was told he would have a competitive budget to get us back up, it seems to me now this budget has been cut.
So nothing to do with the takeover shenanigans.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on July 23, 2014, 01:32:33 pm by Lipsy »
I did listen to that interview thinking 'Is this more PR for JR?'

I know they are obviously close, given what RW "knew" before last season, etc... Surprising interview, mind. He says he's more than likely leaving, that the club won't be going forward, etc - some very odd choices of phrases going on there.

It's hard to think that the current board and manager would be happy to hear all that... Odd.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on July 23, 2014, 01:32:51 pm by Wild Rover »

According to my financial advisor it's £85k

I see it changed after NR. You are right, its 85K, so I can now merge my accounts safe in the knowledge.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on July 23, 2014, 01:34:29 pm by Jonathan »
As a fan with no axe to grind with either party, I don't care who's on who's side or what the agendas are, I just want a team to put together!

I also accept that there have only been 3 working days since the collapse of the protracted takeover, so you can't expect the earth at this stage. But, it's also human nature to look at the cumulative effect of this fiasco, and the departure of Wellens is another big blow to morale.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on July 23, 2014, 01:35:52 pm by IDM »
Just a few thoughts whilst listening to the RW interview..

Why would he know the contractual details of other players?

If he is activating his relegation release clause, it follows that he may be on a bit of a downer about DRFC, and therefore may give off negative vibes and statements about other players etc?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on July 23, 2014, 01:40:16 pm by GazLaz »
The fact he said basically the young lads are no good didn't fill me with confidence either. We lost Bailey to a direct local rival, a team that will pushing for promotion for L1 also. He can't have been wanting the earth in wages.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012