Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:10:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Develoment squad  (Read 1513 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Develoment squad
« on August 12, 2014, 11:39:08 pm by Dare to dream! »
Are we entering a team in the development league this year? Or this being scrapped?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Develoment squad
« Reply #1 on August 13, 2014, 12:35:44 am by Sammy Chung was King »
They would be better entering a side in the Northern Counties League,play against men instead of boys when they get to say sixteen seventeen,it would toughen them up,plus it would help the side's in those league's with bigger crowds.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 13, 2014, 09:39:08 am by Dutch Uncle »
Is the Northern Counties League part of the main Pyramid Sammy?

If so surely that would be the same as having Premiership A teams in League 1, only further down the pyramid?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 13, 2014, 12:08:08 pm by dickos1 »
Yes it's part of pyramid

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 13, 2014, 05:04:33 pm by RedJ »

If so surely that would be the same as having Premiership A teams in League 1, only further down the pyramid?

Saying that though, some non-league clubs DO field reserve squads further down the non-league pyramid, and even enter both sides in the Cup as far as I know.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 14, 2014, 12:28:50 am by Sammy Chung was King »

Yes they are part of the pyramid Dutch,i never thought about it when i put it,it is similar to FA suggestion,but i think this would benefit teams this low down
Whereas if you did play A Teams in League one,it would benefit some attendances granted,but it would dilute tradition in the game,and ruin the set up of promotion relegation.
Teams like Bentley,Askern etc,games against our youth team,the money from the extra people watching would enable those teams to have a little money to spend on things needed.
If you did the same in league one,you wouldn't get loads of extra people turning up for those games,there's no novelty value at our level of football.

For me it would be an early introduction of playing against experienced players,who are not as talented.
A year in those league's for the toughening up,mixed in with youth games as well,would Quicken development
The jump from youth to senior football is massive,this would just give them a bit more toughness and nous,before they face seasoned pros.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012