Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 04:57:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dear Mr Dikov  (Read 2310 times)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
Dear Mr Dikov
« on August 19, 2014, 12:51:00 pm by Upton Rover »
I am writing you this letter to try and see if you would not pick Mr Keegan and Mr Furman in the same starting 11 for tonights game against PNE. Both players have good individual skills and are two good players to have in the squad, but OMG they can not play togrther, You have tried it many times and it just does not work, I saw Saturdays game, and the gap that these 2 were leaving in midfield was unbalivable we just invited PV to do what they wanted in midfield PV could have set up camp anywhere near the half way line and these two would heve let them. I know you are a stubben manager, (My dad told me) but please dont play them together tonight just for me.

Thanks

Kai (age 7)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: Dear Mr Dikov
« Reply #1 on August 19, 2014, 12:55:14 pm by wing commander »
A very good point young Kai and one that a lot agree with...The problem is that in reality Furman,De Val and Keegan are more defensive midfielders more effective at breaking up play than creating..Of course that was Wellens job but he cant play or wont be picked at any rate..If there is one area we are desperate for its another creative midfield player and despite what Paul and the board say,if we are to hold any chance of even being in the mix that needs addressing...

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 19, 2014, 01:01:27 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Who is Mr Dikov?

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 19, 2014, 01:01:33 pm by Upton Rover »
I understand what you are saying, But how many clubs these days play 2 defensive midfielders in the same game? We just need to try something different. At least De Val can pass a good long ball and does try different things. I would start him tonight.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 19, 2014, 01:03:18 pm by Upton Rover »
Who is Mr Dikov?
Mr Dickov, that small man in a suit

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 19, 2014, 01:04:57 pm by wing commander »
   Yes your right and so would I..Two defensive midfielders is getting more common but I'm old school and still think the best way is a sitter and a passer...But I'm no coach so I accept that system has passed on by...

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 19, 2014, 01:06:33 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
I am writing you this letter to try and see if you would not pick Mr Keegan and Mr Furman in the same starting 11 for tonights game against PNE. Both players have good individual skills and are two good players to have in the squad, but OMG they can not play togrther, You have tried it many times and it just does not work, I saw Saturdays game, and the gap that these 2 were leaving in midfield was unbalivable we just invited PV to do what they wanted in midfield PV could have set up camp anywhere near the half way line and these two would heve let them. I know you are a stubben manager, (My dad told me) but please dont play them together tonight just for me.

Thanks

Kai (age 7)

Keegan and Furman, the new Gerrard and Lampard, discuss  ;)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 19, 2014, 01:12:07 pm by GazLaz »
How many teams in the prem played 2 at the weekend? None I'd say. Doing it at home is criminal.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 19, 2014, 01:19:22 pm by roversam »
Why didnt your daddy tell you how to spell our managers name properly, bad parenting lol.

Dn2Dn0

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 19, 2014, 01:24:38 pm by Dn2Dn0 »
Why didnt your daddy tell you how to spell our managers name properly, bad parenting lol.

Give him a break.........he is only 7!  :crying:

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 19, 2014, 01:26:25 pm by BigColSutherland »
Not Known at This Address.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 19, 2014, 01:28:52 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
I had a dream last night that Wellens played tonight, we won 1-0 and he scored the winner!

I agree with Kai though, both good at their jobs which is to break up play and not do anything fancy. As I said on the man of the match thread - "I thought De Val controlled the game very well, his range of passing was excellent and he won the challenges he needed to".

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 19, 2014, 02:36:43 pm by nortikorner »
Sheepskin Stu,roversam pick on a seven year old .time to grow up

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 19, 2014, 03:00:32 pm by RedJ »
He's probably written it himself... if not, judging by the sentence structure he's got a f**king smart 7 year old, if a little troubled with spelling.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 19, 2014, 07:05:42 pm by PDX_Rover »
We're sorry we can't return any pictures sent to us, but there is a prize for all those we show.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 19, 2014, 07:19:10 pm by glosterred »
Looks like Mr Dikov has not listened or read your letter yet Kai

COYR

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 19, 2014, 07:32:11 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Morph, the big-eyed plasticine bas**rd.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 20, 2014, 07:26:01 am by Upton Rover »
Looks like Mr Dikov has not listened or read your letter yet Kai

COYR
We played good last night, but only ever looked like scoring when he took Furman off, In my opinion it should have been Keegan, but it worked and we scored. I REST NY CASE

TinyPortal © 2005-2012