Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:31:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: worrying issues behind the scenes too  (Read 13785 times)

podrover73

• Forum Member
worrying issues behind the scenes too
« on September 16, 2014, 10:25:56 pm by podrover73 »
Went in the Rovers bar before the game apart from the pie and a pint offer I noticed that the tetleys and San Miguel pumps had been taken out and half the optics were missing. Worrying trend that is showing on the pitch too, the owners are running the club on a shoestring from top to bottom.  threadbare bench, threadbare bar. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 10:40:18 pm by podrover73 »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
Re: worrying issues behind the scenes too
« Reply #1 on September 16, 2014, 10:32:50 pm by sheriff2971 »
There's cost cutting going on all over the place. It's obvious to see. Look inside the stadium, there's not half as many advertising boards around the place, so commercially we must be losing a lot.
I feel as if the whole club is going down hill fast.
Attendances are falling as quick as our league position, the football on the pitch is garbage. You couldn't even get a programme tonight.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 16, 2014, 10:36:47 pm by River Don »
Went in the Rovers bar before the game apart from the pie and a pint offer I noticed that the titles and San Miguel pumps had been taken out and half the optics were missing. Worrying trend that is showing on the pitch too, the owners are running the club on a shoestring from top to bottom.  threadbare bench, threadbare bar. 

Isn't it the caterers who run the bar?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 16, 2014, 10:40:37 pm by Copps is Magic »
No mate, it's quite clear Terry Bramall ordered the changing of the San Miguel optics directly. I won't reveal my sources but I have been told by someone in the know.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 16, 2014, 10:41:14 pm by BobG »
We've had a dozen years of fun. It's more than I ever imagined I would see. Supporting the Rovers has been an exercise in fortitude for 50 of the last 60 years. If the bubble has burst and we're headed back whence we came, well, we've had some fun. And what's really amazing about it all has been that it's mostly been done on someone elses money. We can't honestly expect that to happen too often can we?

BobG

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 16, 2014, 10:43:02 pm by sheriff2971 »
We've had a dozen years of fun. It's more than I ever imagined I would have. Supporting the Rovers has been an exercise in fortitude for 50 of the last 60 years. If the bubble has burst and we're headed back whence we came, well, we've had some fun. And what's really amazing about it all has been that it's mostly been done on someone elses money. We can't honestly expect that to happen too often can we?

BobG

So Bob, we should just accept our fate because we've had a successful decade? Why should we settle for dropping back through the leagues with a whimper?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 16, 2014, 10:44:26 pm by BobG »
Because unless you happen to know someone with several million quid they don't want there is no other option.

BobG

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 16, 2014, 10:45:42 pm by Boomstick »
The clubs getting mothballed by Brammall and co. basically killing it, and undoing all the previous decades work.

BRAMMALL OUT

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 16, 2014, 10:46:39 pm by leedshayter »
Match day experience becoming unbearable just no fun in and around the keepmoat . If there's no improvement Saturday then it's time to get the old golf clubs out again. It's SHITE!!!😡😡😡

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 16, 2014, 10:47:07 pm by sheriff2971 »
Because unless you happen to know someone with several million quid they don't want there is no other option.

BobG

Terry Bramall has several hundred million. A shame he's tight.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 16, 2014, 10:47:16 pm by Copps is Magic »
BRAMMALL OUT

Poor old Jerry Brammall is getting it in the neck again. Still, it takes the pressure off Bramall.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 16, 2014, 10:50:06 pm by River Don »
Bramall

Mothballed? How? They provided a top half playing budget.

The dire portents of centreplate not having the San Miguel optics right?

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 16, 2014, 10:52:22 pm by sheriff2971 »
Bramall

How do you know this is true? Do you know the figure of our budget and the rest of the league?
Just because it's what they told everyone doesn't mean it is true.

I agree about the matchday experience. Arriving at 7pm to find out they've sold our of programmes is laughable at best.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 16, 2014, 10:56:51 pm by Boomstick »
Bramall

Top half playing budget, you've been done like a kipper if you believe that even for a second.

The sooner people realise that bramall wants nothing to do with the club the better. It's damaging the club deeply, and alienating the fan base

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 16, 2014, 10:58:59 pm by BobG »
Christ Almighty Sheriff! For a Johnny Come Lately you don't half assume you can make demands. If you'd been around a bit longer you would know the scale of the playing budget because it's been discussed ad nauseam on here with the benefit of input from our representatives with the club.

BobG

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 16, 2014, 11:00:55 pm by sheriff2971 »
Christ Almighty Sheriff! For a Johnny Come Lately you don't half assume you can make demands. If you'd been around a bit longer you would know the scale of the playing budget because it's been discussed ad nauseam on here with the benefit of input from our representatives with the club.

BobG

Who do you think you're patronising? Johnny Come Lately? I've been a season ticket holder for 30 years pal, that okay with you?
And i've read the forum for years. That okay with you?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 16, 2014, 11:01:00 pm by Boomstick »
What is the playing budget then?

Kez122

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 16, 2014, 11:08:14 pm by Kez122 »
Seems evident to me that we've no one in charge who gives a damn about football.

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 16, 2014, 11:32:17 pm by Donny Viking »
Bramall

Top half playing budget, you've been done like a kipper if you believe that even for a second.

The sooner people realise that bramall wants nothing to do with the club the better. It's damaging the club deeply, and alienating the fan base

So what's your solution? - who replaces the current owners? - because without them we go into administration.   :suicide:

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 16, 2014, 11:35:03 pm by bpoolrover »
Bob if you believe what you just posted why were you against the takeover last year

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 16, 2014, 11:38:58 pm by Boomstick »
Bramall

So what's your solution? - who replaces the current owners? - because without them we go into administration.   :suicide:
They put the club up for sale, and actively try to find a buyer, instead of letting it die a slow death

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 16, 2014, 11:43:59 pm by Canadian Rover »
No one seemed to have a problem at meet the owners night?

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 16, 2014, 11:50:08 pm by Donny Viking »
Bramall has said for a while he would sell if somebody has the best interest for the club - but nobody with liquid cash has come forward. I don't understand why many of you feel Bramall has no interest in the club, yet each season he throws over a million in to keep it a float, yet claim he won't sell to the gathering millionaires knocking at his door.  He either cares about the club or nobody wants to buy it.  It can't be neither.  Also the club dying is also not in his interest - it just doesn't make sense.

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 16, 2014, 11:52:35 pm by sheriff2971 »
Bramall has said for a while he would sell if somebody has the best interest for the club - but nobody with liquid cash has come forward. I don't understand why many of you feel Bramall has no interest in the club, yet each season he throws over a million in to keep it a float, yet claim he won't sell to the gathering millionaires knocking at his door.  He either cares about the club or nobody wants to buy it.  It can't be neither.  Also the club dying is also not in his interest - it just doesn't make sense.

He may care enough to keep us afloat, but to me, he has zero ambition, and as long as we stay in business, it's some kind of achievement.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 16, 2014, 11:54:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

He may care enough to keep us afloat, but to me, he has zero ambition, and as long as we stay in business, it's some kind of achievement.

Go to bed. Have a good night's sleep. See if your brain starts working in the morning.

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 16, 2014, 11:56:05 pm by sheriff2971 »

Go to bed. Have a good night's sleep. See if your brain starts working in the morning.

My brain is fine. I'd dare say i've more idea what i'm talking about than you have. You keep your rose tinted specs on, there's a good lad.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Blind hatred
« Reply #26 on September 17, 2014, 12:09:26 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
There's no point attempting to reason with the vocal minority who attempt to rewrite recent history to justify their hatred of TB. The pantomime baddy who stood in the way of JR and their path to glory.  Booo. He's behind you!

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 17, 2014, 12:11:32 am by sheriff2971 »
There's no point attempting to reason with the vocal minority who attempt to rewrite recent history to justify their hatred of TB. The pantomime baddy who stood in the way of JR and their path to glory.  Booo. He's behind you!

I don't hate him. I just said he has no ambition.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Blind hatred
« Reply #28 on September 17, 2014, 12:19:39 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yea it's a shame. JR loads of ambition, allegedly zero money. TB minted, allegedly no ambition. How did that happen?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 17, 2014, 12:41:39 am by BobG »
Bob if you believe what you just posted why were you against the takeover last year

Because, Blackpool, that takeover had all the signs of finishsing off the Rovers for good. The KM2 might not be what you and plenty of others want as owners, but I am not aware of any other alternative. They appear to be decent men. They might not spend the money that many would like them to, but at least there is likely to be a continuing club. I'm old enough to remember what it felt like when there almost was no club. My first priority is not to go there again. Anything else is a bonus.

And as for you Sherif: on here you are a Johnny Come Lately. Holding a season ticket is irrelevant to your longevity, status, reputation and image on this site. Have you seen how many posts you've made? You're a newby. Going round demanding this, that and the other thing makes you look a right tit. As do your self righteous outbursts.  Calm down.

BobG
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:43:58 am by BobG »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012