Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:51:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Theo's penalty  (Read 17804 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Theo's penalty
« Reply #60 on September 24, 2014, 07:09:39 am by hoolahoop »
It was fulhams 2nd win this year.
But they were really on the ropes 2nd half if theo had scored we would've won it,
I think they'll struggle to stop up

I realise they have won in the cup but their start in the Championship this season has been nothing less than a disaster. The squad of players they currently have will see them well and truly safe.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on September 24, 2014, 07:40:47 am by Donnyrovers »
Forrester should've taken it, and he had a discussion with theo, but theo was adamant

Just watched it back on sky sports when Forrester goes running over and Theo's picks up the ball he's pointing at Tyson, so guessing Forrester thought Tyson was the man who should take it but Theo was just been stubborn.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on September 24, 2014, 07:43:54 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Penalties get missed simple as that.  Every striker we've had pretty much has missed them in recent years (Sharp who missed a few, Blundell, Heffernan all spring to mind and all cost us points aswell).

Only just catching up but if any of our supporters were giving him stick then they're idiots.  He's not lazy he's just in some bad form and been a little unlucky (and as BST's stats show he's hardly been given any sort of run has he?  What was Sharp's excuse last season?)

Should be getting behind him, but then some of our fans seem to like a good moan.  I remember we used to laugh at the Sheffield clubs for a number of things, slating owners, wanting more money, slagging off their own players - when did we become that and how?

If Theo was as good as some want him to be he wouldn't be playing league 1 football for us.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on September 24, 2014, 07:51:43 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Got to agree with copps there must be a reason he has only started 6 games

Yes. He was injured for most of the winter. When he got fit, he was behind Sharp in the pecking order, despite Sharp playing shit and scoring at a worse rate than Robinson for 12 months. Now he is clearly having a patch of rough form.

Get behind the lad. If he can find the form that he showed before getting injured last season, he could easily be a 15-16 goal a season player at this level.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on September 24, 2014, 08:08:32 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Treatment of Robinson is disgusting by so called "fans".

Its clear hes a confidence player so lets batter and berate him all over here and twitter - genius  :suicide:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on September 24, 2014, 08:22:00 am by Dagenham Rover »
And dont forget Copps miss at Newcase that buggers still in orbit,
Lay off the lad

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on September 24, 2014, 08:25:28 am by Lincoln Rover »
Think that was Martin Woods. The balls just landed in my back garden. That's how eide and high he was.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on September 24, 2014, 08:28:10 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Rumour was Woods was trialing a new concept for the Near Earth Asteroid Deflector.

That's why he's not turned up on a football pitch since - the real Martin Woods is stored in a NASA lab in Arizona.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on September 24, 2014, 08:30:35 am by Dagenham Rover »
Maybe was memory's crap nowadays the point really is all players someti.es miss

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on September 24, 2014, 08:39:04 am by The Red Baron »
We've been lucky to have a couple of very reliable penalty takers in recent years in Brian Stock and Chris Brown- Billy Paynter wasn't bad either.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on September 24, 2014, 08:49:38 am by acacia94 »
Top work BST – really is. I think you should be doing the pre match build stuff in a Marc Riley / Mark Radcliffe style. See how that goes down at the KM...
That could have been a legendiary DRFC win at St James's P but the very gorgeous Martin (lovely teeth and skin, Mr Woods) was away thinking about hair products that day instead of his sometimes great left foot slamming it in.
Great day that though. Probably up there with the Upton Park away trip in terms of 'we shouldn't really be here, but we are, and we're gonna bloody well enjoy it'.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on September 24, 2014, 09:23:05 am by dickos1 »
Penalties get missed simple as that.  Every striker we've had pretty much has missed them in recent years (Sharp who missed a few, Blundell, Heffernan all spring to mind and all cost us points aswell).

Only just catching up but if any of our supporters were giving him stick then they're idiots.  He's not lazy he's just in some bad form and been a little unlucky (and as BST's stats show he's hardly been given any sort of run has he?  What was Sharp's excuse last season?)

Should be getting behind him, but then some of our fans seem to like a good moan.  I remember we used to laugh at the Sheffield clubs for a number of things, slating owners, wanting more money, slagging off their own players - when did we become that and how?

If Theo was as good as some want him to be he wouldn't be playing league 1 football for us.

I agree, but the same people who are saying you can't criticise the players are the same ones criticising the manager.
You can't have it both ways.
Regards Robinson, he is in a dire run of form, he's got no touch, can't pass, can't cross, doesn't make runs.
No way should he have taken that penalty, but we had nobody strong enough on the pitch to tell him.
If wellens or jones were on the pitch I don't think he would've taken it, but also Dickov should make it clear to them who is his first choice.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on September 24, 2014, 09:38:17 am by IDM »
I wouldn't have said Robinson was lazy last night.  As for the penalty, he did win it, but wouldn't have been the first choice taker IMHO.  Had the 'keeper gone the other way, we'd have been celebrating a goal and looking like winning.  At least the penalty was on target.

On form, Copps should have taken it, or Tyson/Forrester.  But I can see the thinking for Robinson - bury the penalty and his confidence soars.  Unfortunately it didn't happen.

Noticed Main on the bench, wonder when he will be fit to start?  Edit - I was mistaken, thought I recognised the lad from a distance there last night, but seeing the line ups on BBC I was wrong.  My apologies...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 10:04:55 am by IDM »

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on September 24, 2014, 10:06:21 am by wing commander »
   Frankly the singing of the vsc is shit stuff doesn't bother me,its young boys who think they know it all when they haven't got a Scooby doo about the real world but we all thought we knew it all at that age...
   However to sing that at one of our players during the game is unforgivable..They obviously haven't got the brains they were born with have they.By all means give your opinion on here but if your not going to support the team at a match,dont go..In truth I didn't like the "were winning at home,how shit must you be" chant at home on Saturday..Again not great for the players to hear while trying to put in a great performance..It's all about confidence some are quite happy to destroy it then moan like hell at Dickov and the board when they don't get results...Idiots

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on September 24, 2014, 10:12:40 am by Filo »
   Frankly the singing of the vsc is shit stuff doesn't bother me,its young boys who think they know it all when they haven't got a Scooby doo about the real world but we all thought we knew it all at that age...
   However to sing that at one of our players during the game is unforgivable..They obviously haven't got the brains they were born with have they.By all means give your opinion on here but if your not going to support the team at a match,dont go..In truth I didn't like the "were winning at home,how shit must you be" chant at home on Saturday..Again not great for the players to hear while trying to put in a great performance..It's all about confidence some are quite happy to destroy it then moan like hell at Dickov and the board when they don't get results...Idiots

Give an idiot access to the internet and you get this thing breeding, you only have to look at the facebook group or twitter, to see it breeding, a handful of idiots start it and the sheep jump on the bandwaggon!

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on September 24, 2014, 10:28:12 am by BRMC_rover »
Iv always said if a player puts the effort in but is struggling, get right behind him and they will turn a corner. Disgusting to hear confidence destroying remarks/chants etc and only prolongs the bad form and spreads through the team. We need to get behind the lad and he'll repay the support in goals and performances.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on September 24, 2014, 10:33:30 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I assume that Robinson was the designated penalty taker.

If he WASN'T then he deserves the mother of all bollockings. And so does Coppinger for not taking control of the situation as captain.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on September 24, 2014, 11:15:01 am by Northants Nomad »
I don't understand why Tyson never took the pen! He smashed the pen in against watford!

or the other 9 players available to take it in fact chuck the keeper in front of him as well.

So, we have Theo, Tyson, "the other 9 players" AND a keeper? How did we lose this game if we had 12 players on the pitch??!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on September 24, 2014, 11:16:39 am by dickos1 »
That's the problem. I dont think there was a designated penalty taker

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on September 24, 2014, 11:17:06 am by Northants Nomad »
I've said it before, many times, and I will say it again...the moment Theo has time to think, he does not score. His good goals have all been quick, instinctive shots. If he's got time on the ball, he seldom seems to do anything with it. When he was given the job of taking the penalty, I pretty much had zero confidence because I knew he'd be thinking.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on September 24, 2014, 12:04:14 pm by dickos1 »
Apart from at Yeovil, where he had all the time in the world and finished superbly

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on September 24, 2014, 12:17:00 pm by Chris Black come back »
Not really sure he was,he didn't score while on loan at sheff united

and robinson has barely scored in about 13 months here

6 league goals in 23 league starts since he joined us. That is a perfectly respectable return. Not stellar, but not at all bad.

But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of another f***ing witch-hunt, eh?

He makes me laugh and that is good enough most games.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on September 24, 2014, 12:18:52 pm by Chris Black come back »
Did McIndoe ever miss a penalty for us? He had a truly immense record. One for the stattos but it must have been 12-0.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on September 24, 2014, 12:22:45 pm by hoolahoop »
At the end of the day if penalties were always so easy then why do so many of the greatest footballers of all time have "misses" on their CV.
The anti Theo chants are ridiculous as are the attacks on the VSC but you will never be able to stop the knob jockeys who start them and the other sheep who join in.
Its high time that penalties disappeared from the game in favour of the referee just "chalking up" a goal to the heavily disadvantaged team. Save penalties to decide games at the end of normal play time only .......discuss

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on September 24, 2014, 12:55:08 pm by Donnybax »
It's not just his penalty but I think he is shocking. Pace is his only positive but he never uses it he never makes runs to help his team mates or get himself into a goal scoring opportunity. He should sit on the bench analyse the game and watch what Tyson does, when things aren't going your way you have to work hard and theo doesn't

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on September 24, 2014, 01:08:51 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Most players, and people in general, have periods where they drift or hit a crisis. Theo's experience last night could well be his catalyst just as I think Forrester had his recently, and Bennett too pre season.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on September 24, 2014, 01:31:21 pm by DonnyNoel »
Did McIndoe ever miss a penalty for us? He had a truly immense record. One for the stattos but it must have been 12-0.

I think he may have missed a Trevor Kettle enforced retake (we've fell foul of a couple of them over time!) against Macclesfield in 03/04. He scored the first but missed the retake I think.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on September 24, 2014, 01:31:41 pm by Filo »
It's not just his penalty but I think he is shocking. Pace is his only positive but he never uses it he never makes runs to help his team mates or get himself into a goal scoring opportunity. He should sit on the bench analyse the game and watch what Tyson does, when things aren't going your way you have to work hard and theo doesn't

You never saw the one against Crawley when he raced clear of the defender and put a cross in for Tyson?, Tysons marker just cut the cross out

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on September 24, 2014, 01:33:46 pm by RJHeader »

You never saw the one against Crawley when he raced clear of the defender and put a cross in for Tyson?, Tysons marker just cut the cross out

You never saw him at Bristol? Dont think i saw him break into a sprint all 90 mins

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on September 24, 2014, 01:40:57 pm by Filo »

You never saw him at Bristol? Dont think i saw him break into a sprint all 90 mins

I was responding to the posters statement that he never uses his pace, I've cited an occasion only eight days ago

TinyPortal © 2005-2012