Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:27:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brian McDermott  (Read 16507 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Brian McDermott
« on September 27, 2014, 11:29:03 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Ideal manager for us,plays good football,organises his teams and knows how to produce a good youth system,he's a football man unemployed,give him a decent wage and a chance of succeeding and i'm sure he would take the job.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
Re: Brian McDermott
« Reply #1 on September 27, 2014, 11:31:01 pm by ScillyRover »
Not a hope in hell of getting him.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 27, 2014, 11:33:52 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

Why? we are a good club,good set of players and plenty for him to improve,plus we don't have a reputation as a sacking club,he is the perfect fit for what we want to do.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 28, 2014, 09:08:40 am by GazLaz »

Why? we are a good club,good set of players and plenty for him to improve,plus we don't have a reputation as a sacking club,he is the perfect fit for what we want to do.

We've got the same chance of getting him as we have of getting Brian Clough.

Big MAC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 28, 2014, 09:15:41 am by Big MAC »
What about Neil Redfearn? Ex Rover, weeds youth team coach and just got them a better string of results when in temporary charge of first team than PD has managed for us this season. he might be a bit peed off that they have brought in another manager rather than let him have a proper go!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 28, 2014, 09:20:05 am by silent majority »
That's a good shout. I know he was heavily tipped for the Barnsley job before Danny Wilson got that one, maybe we should get a move on before they try him again?

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 28, 2014, 09:25:47 am by nice one rovers »
None of the managers mentioned or about to be mentioned, will come here with the budget available.
Paul Dickov would be a perfectly adequate manager with a better budget. He's doing the best with the hand he's been dealt.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
McDermott
« Reply #7 on September 28, 2014, 09:28:00 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Don't know why you would think he plays good football. Master of channel ball and pace to run after it with very little inbetween. Redfearn on the other hand would tick my boxes.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 28, 2014, 11:25:16 am by Dagenham Rover »
I think Redfearn would be a decent shout, would he come, I reckon he just might

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 28, 2014, 11:27:44 am by LincsRover »
Give it 2 months and Redfearn will be back in charge of L**ds again because the new bloke won't last long after performances like yesterday!

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 28, 2014, 06:38:03 pm by southwestexile »
Sooooper Kevin Keegan  :scarf:

Milepostuk

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 28, 2014, 07:33:57 pm by Milepostuk »
Don't know why you would think he plays good football. Master of channel ball and pace to run after it with very little inbetween. Redfearn on the other hand would tick my boxes.

With our current set of stickers this is exactly how we should be playing

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 28, 2014, 07:36:57 pm by 1879Rovers »
Sooooper Kevin Keegan  :scarf:

I have always thought that one day he would manage his hometown club.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: McDermott
« Reply #13 on September 28, 2014, 10:36:56 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

Baz,when i have seen McDermott teams play us and other games,i have never seen his side's play anything other than attractive football,always hard to beat.
At Reading he started off in their youth system,many of the players who ended up in their side were developed by him.
And even when they haven't made it at Reading have gone on to have a good career at other clubs.
He took over as manager of Reading and lead them practically from the bottom of the league to promotion,at Leeds he never stood a chance,the new owner wanted him out as soon as he got there,just to show he had the power.

We need a manager who can improve the club from youth upwards,while he was at Reading they didn't spend massively when you see how many fans they get.
They used the youth system,lower league signings,and they also under Coppell and him found some very good players from Ireland,Shane Long,Kevin Doyle etc.
Ideal for us if we could get him,but we still have a manager and that's up to the board what they do,i have lost confidence in Dickov,but will of course support the club whatever.

DRFC17

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 29, 2014, 08:00:59 am by DRFC17 »
If we replace dickov we'll be looking down the leagues for managers,  not up.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 29, 2014, 08:07:45 am by DearneValleyRover »
If we replace Dickov we will be looking at Managers who apply for the post, personally I think Redfearn would be a great appointment.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 29, 2014, 09:40:40 am by mrfrostsdad »
Down the leagues DRFC? Well, McDermott doesn't have a job so I guess you can't get much lower than that.
Would he come here? Nah, doubt it. Would be an excellent appointment if we could get him IMO

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 29, 2014, 10:28:11 am by keith79 »
darren Moore

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 29, 2014, 10:53:46 am by DRNaith »
 :that:  Darren Moore is a great shout.

What's Glynn Snodin up to these days?

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 29, 2014, 10:57:28 am by andyst79 »
Steve Nicol

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 29, 2014, 11:05:10 am by Lincoln Rover »
Here's a radical idea. Why don't we stop looking at other managers and get behind PD. Excuse me if I'm wrong but I thought we were supposedly SUPPORTERS.
Yes I do get frustrated, but I get behind the team. Let's leave it to others to decide how the budget is sorted, where, when and how. Let's get down to the KM and buy tickets for a local derby with the Iron.
We all have opinions,with some a little radical for me. There are times I believe we should have random drug testing for supporters before they come on this site.
Scunny wil be licking their lips this weekend. Not because they're on a good run, as they're clearly not. Rus Wilcox will say get stuck into them early and the fans will turn on them.Get behind OUR team and walk away from Scunny knowing YOU gave YOUR total support. Thanks.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 29, 2014, 11:16:46 am by DRNaith »
Here's a radical idea. Why don't we stop looking at other managers and get behind PD. Excuse me if I'm wrong but I thought we were supposedly SUPPORTERS.
Yes I do get frustrated, but I get behind the team. Let's leave it to others to decide how the budget is sorted, where, when and how. Let's get down to the KM and buy tickets for a local derby with the Iron.
We all have opinions,with some a little radical for me. There are times I believe we should have random drug testing for supporters before they come on this site.
Scunny wil be licking their lips this weekend. Not because they're on a good run, as they're clearly not. Rus Wilcox will say get stuck into them early and the fans will turn on them.Get behind OUR team and walk away from Scunny knowing YOU gave YOUR total support. Thanks.

There's plenty of reasoned posts on the forum why people feel it's time to talk about replacing the manager.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 29, 2014, 11:21:30 am by Lincoln Rover »
Here's a radical idea, why don't we just keep our manager PD. Excuse me if I'm wrong but I thought we were SUPPORTERS.Lets let others decide on budgets,who, where, when and how.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but some on this site are towards the extreme end for my liking. It isn't always about the ones with the loudest voices or the most expletives all the time.At times we should have random dope tests for some people on this site in my opinion.
Let's get down to the KM and buy tickets for a local derby this weekend. Let's stop bickering and doing Rus Wilcox team talk for him. If we don't  get the behind the team for 90 plus minutes and give our all,then aren't we as bad as a player who switches off for a minute.
Yep I am as frustrated as most but I won't be leaving anything on the terraces supporting OUR team this weekend. Which camp are you in boys and gals?
RTID.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 29, 2014, 11:44:38 am by DRNaith »
Here's a radical idea, why don't we just keep our manager PD. Excuse me if I'm wrong but I thought we were SUPPORTERS.Lets let others decide on budgets,who, where, when and how.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but some on this site are towards the extreme end for my liking. It isn't always about the ones with the loudest voices or the most expletives all the time.At times we should have random dope tests for some people on this site in my opinion.
Let's get down to the KM and buy tickets for a local derby this weekend. Let's stop bickering and doing Rus Wilcox team talk for him. If we don't  get the behind the team for 90 plus minutes and give our all,then aren't we as bad as a player who switches off for a minute.
Yep I am as frustrated as most but I won't be leaving anything on the terraces supporting OUR team this weekend. Which camp are you in boys and gals?
RTID.

There's plenty of reasoned posts on the forum why people feel it's time to talk about replacing the manager.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 29, 2014, 12:14:55 pm by Lincoln Rover »
DRnaith
With people who want to enter a debate or chat with sensible comments, I have no problem whatsoever.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 29, 2014, 12:31:44 pm by mrfrostsdad »
So why is it not sensible to talk about replacing the manager Lincoln?

Your opinion is as valid as everyone's, and I respect it. My opinion is Paul Dickov has no idea as a manager. I would evidence that by saying that after our best display of the season (Chesterfield at home) he dropped two of the better players, De Val and Wellens, and brought in Keegan and whoever. Why? Ridiculous. He was, in my opinion, solely responsible for us getting relegated last season. To be honest, I think I could have got us two points from those last seven games.

So, that's (part) of my argument and opinion. Personally, I don't think there's too much to argue with there. And I will be supporting the team whoever is in charge. Not for the next two games though cos I'm going on holiday thank ****!!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 29, 2014, 12:41:33 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Lincoln, I'm with MFD in that I fel PD isn't learning he makes the same mistakes over and over and was responsible in us being relegated. I've supported him despite my feelings on last season yet the same mistakes are being made, I won't stop supporting the team which includes him but I am at the point where I'm asking why he is still in charge.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 29, 2014, 12:46:46 pm by GazLaz »
Just plucking ex players with no real managerial experience and saying they would be a good shout seems a bit pointless to me. Why would Moore be any better than PD?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on September 29, 2014, 12:48:35 pm by RobTheRover »
darren Moore

Darren Moore has just taken up a youth development role at West Brom.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 29, 2014, 01:10:41 pm by DRNaith »
DRnaith
With people who want to enter a debate or chat with sensible comments, I have no problem whatsoever.

So why, twice, slam the discussion?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012