Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 01:33:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dean Furman (The Crab)  (Read 1497 times)

RobSlingDog

• Forum Member
Dean Furman (The Crab)
« on October 22, 2014, 12:47:21 pm by RobSlingDog »
Gets these rave reviews about his performaces for South Africa then comes back to us and does?..............Playing him in this more attacking role? He's not going to unlock a defence with a pass, isnt going to score you a goal, his first touch is awful, only passes side to side. He just reminds me of a little toddler chasing his big brother around the garden with the football.

Why not play Harry Forrester there? He isnt a winger at all he needs to be playing that role behind Tyson someone who can score a goal or play a killer pass. To busy trying to knock it wide and get a cross in for that 1 striker we have!! Look how that work out for David Moyes playing that way last season? This 4-5-1 formation isnt the answer and crossing balls into the box isnt the answer anymore!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Dean Furman (The Crab)
« Reply #1 on October 22, 2014, 12:48:15 pm by keith79 »
its how he has been asked to play

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 22, 2014, 12:48:53 pm by Jenny »
I take it you weren't at Scunthorpe?

RobSlingDog

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 22, 2014, 12:51:19 pm by RobSlingDog »
One good game. He suits playing away from home as he's a defensive minded player and yes he works hard. Think hes scored 1 goal for us and i cant remember him creating many more goals? Isnt a great record for a midfielder is it?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 22, 2014, 01:19:33 pm by bpoolrover »
He's prob scored about the same as wellens

RobSlingDog

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 22, 2014, 01:23:14 pm by RobSlingDog »
Maybe so, But Wellens offers so much more than DF. Got to remember Wellens played alot deaper last season and most of this season. And the fact Wellens is about 8/9 years older than him.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 22, 2014, 01:25:38 pm by dickos1 »
When we player with only one striker, furman is the only player we've got who can play off him, his work rate putting defenders under pressure is why we won at scunny.
Wellens doesn't have the legs to do the same

PDS

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 22, 2014, 01:31:12 pm by PDS »
Thought Wellens put in a shift last night albeit in a disjointed disorganised performance. Agree with OP though that Furmans first touch is absolute gash. He does have energy, but looks to always be using it to chase after the ball he's just miscontrolled

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 22, 2014, 01:44:30 pm by Chris Black come back »
Second touch is a tackle.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 22, 2014, 01:59:05 pm by GazLaz »
Furmans best asset is his work rate. That sums him up for me.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 22, 2014, 02:20:58 pm by roversam »
Deano has been one of our best players in recent games it  makes me wonder if the furman slaters actually watch the games or even go to them.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 22, 2014, 03:27:49 pm by bobjimwilly »
Deano has been one of our best players in recent games it  makes me wonder if the furman slaters actually watch the games or even go to them.

he always looks two slow in his decision making. never involved in 1 touch passing, most of the time it's 3 or 4 touches before he passes to player you knew he was going to pass to as soon as he got the ball.

I asked the question at the match last night why is Forrester played on the wing? I don't think it's his preferred position and he doesn't seem as effective out there.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 22, 2014, 03:31:59 pm by RJHeader »

he always looks two slow in his decision making. never involved in 1 touch passing, most of the time it's 3 or 4 touches before he passes to player you knew he was going to pass to as soon as he got the ball.

I asked the question at the match last night why is Forrester played on the wing? I don't think it's his preferred position and he doesn't seem as effective out there.

His lack of help for the LB seriously needs looking at. Never helped Evina one bit against Fleetwood and same with Wabara last night. Play him behind the striker and there's less need for him to track back. But when we're under the cosh and he's at LW he needs to get back and help out

RobSlingDog

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 22, 2014, 11:19:27 pm by RobSlingDog »

Yes, ive seen all the home games this season and he's been dreadful! So to answer your question i do watch him and the games. Yes he played well at Scunny but thats one game! Should not be seen in the number 10 role at all! Doesnt have enough quality. get Forrester there simple as that!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012