Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:09:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Club shop  (Read 10827 times)

winegums

• Forum Member
Club shop
« on November 05, 2014, 08:18:10 am by winegums »
Does anyone know the opening times for the shop please

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
Re: Club shop
« Reply #1 on November 05, 2014, 08:59:34 am by Sheepskin Stu »
Whenever Tracy bloody well feels like it. :)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 09:01:44 am by Sheepskin Stu »

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 05, 2014, 09:09:23 am by nice one rovers »
Before you set off, I recommend you check your emails, text messages, Rovers official site, and then check the shop window for A4 notices saying they're shut, and don't visit during normal shopping opening hours. I think you stand a good chance. Let us know if they're selling owt worth buying.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 05, 2014, 10:19:05 am by Colin C No.3 »
"THREE POUND YOUR MATCHDAY PROGRAMMES"
"Excuse me. Do you have...", "No love. We've only got them in XXL. THREE POUND YOUR MATCHDAY PROGRAMME"
"Excuse me. When are you likely to get any medium sizes in?" "I've nooo idea love. Sorry. THREE POUND......."

And that's 'the face' of DRFC.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 05, 2014, 10:30:23 am by Boomstick »
Charity shops ran by volunteers do a better job

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 05, 2014, 12:13:48 pm by redwine »
Do you want a bag with that, dear?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 05, 2014, 12:54:07 pm by bobjimwilly »
I must catch the staff in there on a good day as I've never experienced problems myself? :s

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 05, 2014, 01:01:50 pm by godlike1 »
I must catch the staff in there on a good day as I've never experienced problems myself? :s

you've clearly never had the pleasure of being served by Tracy then.  its alsmost as if your getting in the way of her normal day by asking to be served and sold things

customer service lmfao :-)

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 05, 2014, 01:23:33 pm by RTID75 »
Conversely, I've been served by Tracy since the Conference days, or thereabouts, and she's never been anything other than friendly and professional with me.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 01:25:38 pm by RTID75 »

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 05, 2014, 01:27:02 pm by nice one rovers »
I've always found the staff very helpful. It's just really bad merchandise on offer.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 05, 2014, 02:27:41 pm by not on facebook »
I've always found the staff very helpful. It's just really bad merchandise on offer.

Allways thought to me sen that the  quality Of 70% Of products are not Of
High quality or design .

they Even Get the design Of a doncaster rovers scarf looking shite and if it was knocked up in someones shed.

T shirts allways look as Thou they will fall apart after first wash ,dont football clubs have a quality controll officer before they take in whatever product to sell in Club shops.

If rovers dont May i apply for said job

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 05, 2014, 02:36:07 pm by mugnapper »
I visit the shop when I get back to Donny which is probably once a month. Whilst I've had no problems with the staff, the range of stock is quite frankly craptacular.

There's probably nothing that shows any originality. There must be someone at the club with a little commercial acumen.

The range of t shirts is pathetic. (Calling it a range,is insulting the word 'range').
 Any swag market trader could get some printed with a big Viking logo on and sell them at a tenner with a minimum mark up of 100%.

How much would you pay for a shirt for with a big picture of, say, Peter Kitchen with the words 'Goal God' underneath it?
Or a pic of Alan Little with 'Animal' on it.
Or Carl Swan.
Or Alan Warboys.
Or. .. . you get the picture.

How much would you pay for a Beach Towel with the Viking logo on? Take that on holiday and you'd be the coolest cat in Crete.

What about a pint glass with the logo on?

Or toilet roll with Barnsley's logo on? (Not sure what it is exactly, but probably features a caravan maybe?).

I'm sat here thinking about it and the list of stuff you can put the logo on is endless.

They ought to have a changing range of products that encourages people to pop in the shop every time they're passing, just to see what's new.

They just seem to be focussed on selling high ticket replica shirts. High margin yes, but you ain't gonna buy 2, are you?

It just seems to me it's a missed opportunity to raise some extra cash.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 05, 2014, 02:41:29 pm by Filo »

How much would you pay for a Beach Towel with the Viking logo on? Take that on holiday and you'd be the coolest cat in Crete.

Got one, purchased from the club shop, can't remember how much it was though, it's been to Turkey, Corfu and Spain 3 times with me

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 05, 2014, 04:39:33 pm by bobjimwilly »
I'm glad you mentioned the beach towel, that's one for the xmas list  :P

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 05, 2014, 07:40:51 pm by Spud »
Am sure there's a pint glass too?

Always found the staff friendly & helpful, shirt availability is another issue however (not their fault).

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 05, 2014, 08:21:16 pm by scaley back rover »
I think tracy and the team are very friendly and extremely helpful, and always take time to ensure they give the best seevice they can

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 05, 2014, 08:22:27 pm by RedRover45 »
I think tracy and the team are very friendly and extremely helpful, and always take time to ensure they give the best seevice they can

Hi Tracy...,

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 06, 2014, 12:31:36 am by PDX_Rover »
Shite merchandise and Tracy is a horror. I stocked up on Rovers stuff when I was home a few years ago and it was a right f**king imposition to pull her away from her personal mobile phone call to ring me up. I complained and has an email from Parker - Ryan threatened to leave the club because I complained. Ridiculous.

Apart from the shirts, it's right tat.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 06, 2014, 07:22:56 am by Sheepskin Stu »
Shite merchandise and Tracy is a horror. I stocked up on Rovers stuff when I was home a few years ago and it was a right f**king imposition to pull her away from her personal mobile phone call to ring me up. I complained and has an email from Parker - Ryan threatened to leave the club because I complained. Ridiculous.

Apart from the shirts, it's right tat.
Why did you want Tracy to ring you?

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 06, 2014, 10:22:09 am by Jenny »
I just don't go in anymore, the product range is quite frankly pathetic with prices to match.

I used to get a Leeds merch catalogue through the door and I would look through it wishing that Rovers did something similar, and that was when they were of a comparable (if not worse) league status to us too.

The club could make so much more of the club shop and what is stocked. Whoever makes the buying decisions should be shot - it is still conference level fodder at best.

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 06, 2014, 11:37:23 am by bfdoncaster west »
 Tracy is good at her job

go and be a leed fan

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 06, 2014, 01:05:08 pm by knockers »
That shot ya down Jenny :boxing:

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 07, 2014, 08:59:19 pm by les@donr »
Maybe, the club shop like the rest of the club is on autopilot?

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 07, 2014, 10:05:12 pm by bfdoncaster west »
Tracy is good at her job

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 08, 2014, 01:22:28 am by hoolahoop »
Time to close it as we have been playing at it for years. Its sub-Conference level and they either try doing something drastic with it or as I said earlier give it up as a bad job.
The revenue that it could have produced had it been run properly when 10,000 gates were at the KM should have been phenomenal.
IMO a damn shame .

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 08, 2014, 01:49:15 am by hoolahoop »
I Can't understand it Hoola,all the owners successful businessmen and they let the club shop be so poor,can you imagine him off Dragon's Den, Theo Pathitis allowing his club shop not to be raking it in,i will never understand how it's been allowed to carry on at Conference standard.

Tbf the owners have had their eyes off the ball in many areas of the business and have treated it like a toy . none of them could ever have been successful business men running their businesses as they do this club.

Its appalling the way opportunities have been and continue to be lost in the way the club treats its Media, Marketing and Merchandising side of the club. Where is the planning, the innovation and more to the point the desire to treat all these areas with the attention they deserved. How many £10,000's have they thrown away over the years ?

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 08, 2014, 03:58:15 pm by les@donr »
The same people who are running the Club Shop now are the same people who ran it during our Conference days. Two solutions get the staff retrained to run the shop at League One standard or replace the staff with new faces who can take the shop to the next level. The Club Shop is crucial as its the Merchandise front of the club. Poor merchandise reflects poorly on the club, there needs to be changes.

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 08, 2014, 04:02:05 pm by bfdoncaster west »
racy is good at her job

go and be a leed fan

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 08, 2014, 04:14:27 pm by silent majority »
I'm not quite sure how many more times it has to be pointed out that we don't run the club shop. It's been Just Sport for the last few years.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 08, 2014, 04:28:28 pm by BobG »
Lol. I wondered if someone would eventually remember that.... Doesn't ANYBODY on here have a memory?

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012