Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:52:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Info for those travelling to Weston by coach  (Read 3975 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Info for those travelling to Weston by coach
« on November 06, 2014, 02:43:46 pm by silent majority »
I've had an email from the Club Secretary at Weston which is as follows:

Hi Martin,

we've just heard that the Police won't allow your coaches to park in the town for refreshments. Its barmy but who am I..... We are opening some turnstiles at 11am because we have the FA Cup on display. Your supporters could obtain food from the away supporters bar when you arrive. If you could give me an indication of a possible time of arrival I will let our Social Manager know.
Kind regards
Richard
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 04:29:33 pm by silent majority »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Info for those travelling to Weston
« Reply #1 on November 06, 2014, 02:50:48 pm by hoolahoop »
Are they serious ? Our supporters travel nigh on 4 hours to see a game and the town is "off limits" !!  :mad:

We are Rovers not Leeds ffs

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 06, 2014, 02:56:55 pm by roversam »
It gets more like the old Russia  ffs, how can they make the town a no go area surely after parking the coaches at the ground the fans can go into town.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 06, 2014, 03:03:39 pm by silent majority »
Its frustrating beyond belief. Coach travel and football supporters are highly regulated in this country. Its a law we've tried to get repealed on several occasions but there doesn't seem to be the appetite for it.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 06, 2014, 03:04:09 pm by hoolahoop »
It gets more like the old Russia  ffs, how can they make the town a no go area surely after parking the coaches at the ground the fans can go into town.

Not sure Sam , its worded as if the away supporters bar is their preferred option......bloody ridiculous nonsense.
Take it our supporters can expect snarling dogs and over zealous policing if they don't do what they demand our folk to do. Its a day out at the seaside what's got into this mad world of ours.
Why do we put up with this shite ?

djoftherovers1

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 06, 2014, 03:06:26 pm by djoftherovers1 »
Maybe the antics of our young knob head fans is getting around.. they dnt want what happens at every away game happening at weston. .

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 06, 2014, 03:11:40 pm by silent majority »
Does anybody know the time of arrival? I'll let the club know.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 06, 2014, 03:17:20 pm by Filo »
Simple solution, let the coaches drop off in town and then park up at the ground, or is it their way of saying the town is a no go area for the Northern heathans?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 06, 2014, 03:26:58 pm by silent majority »
They're not allowed to Dave. The rules surrounding coaches and supporters are draconian.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 06, 2014, 03:39:34 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Maybe the antics of our young knob head fans is getting around.. they dnt want what happens at every away game happening at weston. .

That one wouldn't surprise me

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 06, 2014, 03:52:30 pm by Chris Black come back »
Its frustrating beyond belief. Coach travel and football supporters are highly regulated in this country. Its a law we've tried to get repealed on several occasions but there doesn't seem to be the appetite for it.

Wot lor wud u repeel?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 06, 2014, 04:23:50 pm by silent majority »

Wot lor wud u repeel?

I wud repeel the Sporting Events act;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/57

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/263761/guidelines-sporting-events-england-wales.pdf

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 04:27:15 pm by silent majority »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: Info for those travelling to Weston by coach
« Reply #12 on November 06, 2014, 04:41:02 pm by bpoolrover »
Without being funny you can't blame the youngsters for trouble in town,when we played fleetwood there was lots of trouble in blackpool and they were not youngsters causing the trouble,the last several times we have played blackpool there has been trouble and again not caused by youngsters,but maybe it's easy to try blame youngsters

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 06, 2014, 05:14:42 pm by Chris Black come back »
We have in last 18 months or so seemingly attracted a load of total idiots in the age range 14-21. Many with mental ages much less than this, most incapable of anything other than dragging knuckles on floor and using profanities to communicate to each other. Basically, a total embarrassment to the club, the town, our great county of Yorkshire and ultimately, the human race.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 06, 2014, 08:10:20 pm by idler »
My son was told by his City supporting mate who has a season ticket on the Kop that you can have a smoke at half time.
He went for one and was told as were about ten others that it wasn't allowed.
He took exception to the stewards attitude and swore at him.
He was in the queue for the toilet a couple of minutes later and was grabbed by the same steward. He told the steward to let go, which he did.
The steward asked for his name, my son refused. He then asked for his address my son refused. The steward had no pen or paper visible.
He was then told to leave. He said right I'll go. He walked out without anyone holding him. He walked ten - twenty yards along Midland Road
and was arrested. As he was ejected my son-in-law heard a steward say we've thrown the ringleader out, ie my son.
The police said that he was with about ten others and wanted to charge him with affray. He was sat with his three children, dad and sister-in-law throughout the first half. He is now looking at a possible ban and maximum £2,500 fine. Living in Bradford since he was four he knows more City fans than Rovers fans. He has watched the Rovers for 36 years with never a problem but one comment could cost him dear. What he said can't be defended but the police sergeant said later that as it was football related it was serious.
That means to me that if it wasn't football related it wouldn't be.
The world has gone mad.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 06, 2014, 08:46:22 pm by RedRover45 »
My son was told by his City supporting mate who has a season ticket on the Kop that you can have a smoke at half time.
He went for one and was told as were about ten others that it wasn't allowed.
He took exception to the stewards attitude and swore at him.
He was in the queue for the toilet a couple of minutes later and was grabbed by the same steward. He told the steward to let go, which he did.
The steward asked for his name, my son refused. He then asked for his address my son refused. The steward had no pen or paper visible.
He was then told to leave. He said right I'll go. He walked out without anyone holding him. He walked ten - twenty yards along Midland Road
and was arrested. As he was ejected my son-in-law heard a steward say we've thrown the ringleader out, ie my son.
The police said that he was with about ten others and wanted to charge him with affray. He was sat with his three children, dad and sister-in-law throughout the first half. He is now looking at a possible ban and maximum £2,500 fine. Living in Bradford since he was four he knows more City fans than Rovers fans. He has watched the Rovers for 36 years with never a problem but one comment could cost him dear. What he said can't be defended but the police sergeant said later that as it was football related it was serious.
That means to me that if it wasn't football related it wouldn't be.
The world has gone mad.

Idler, I thought that an individual could only be charged with affray if found visibly committing by a police officer ? If your son didnt touch the steward in any way, I don't believe that would hold up in a court of law.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 06, 2014, 09:06:00 pm by idler »
The affray bit seemed to die death when he said that he was with his three children and other family.
In his younger days he would occasionally go away with his City supporting mates. They were invariably called Paki lovers coming from Bradford.
In his infinite wisdom he made a comment to the white steward to get at him. This counts under section 28.
He showed remorse and fully co-operated with the police but as it is football related a caution and release is not the usual course of action.
A PC who he has known since he was 5 was at the game and when he heard said that he wouldn't cause a problem.
He knows that he did wrong but he was never a threat to anybody yet because of the location could face a heavy fine or even imprisonment.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 06, 2014, 10:03:56 pm by silent majority »
Idler,

You need to get in touch with me by pm, take it off a public forum and we can deal with it.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 06, 2014, 11:40:20 pm by Chris Black come back »
Hope this can all be sorted out amicably as your son sounds a decent lad.

Let's not forget though that smoking is always going to be dodgy at any football ground, especially Bradford for obvious reasons, plus also smoking is an absolutely disgusting habit which should be condemned to the dark ages where it belongs along with shoving kids up chimneys and sending folk down mines with only candles and a pick axe.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 07, 2014, 12:32:19 am by Boomstick »
Back on topic, I would never travel on official supporters coaches due to the draconian measures endured on them. It's pathetic.
I stick to the trains, or get a car full in this instance.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 07, 2014, 08:23:07 am by IDM »
Back on topic, I would never travel on official supporters coaches due to the draconian measures endured on them. It's pathetic.
I stick to the trains, or get a car full in this instance.

Sometimes it is the cheapest way to get to a distant game though, if you can tolerate no alcohol and other restrictions like not going into Weston town centre etc..

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 07, 2014, 09:35:26 am by retford rover »
The coaches are due to arrrive in Weston approx 12.45
Weston are opening their Banqueting suite for Rovers fans for food and drink from 11.00 am  and is open after the match as well. Situated near the away end.
The FA Cup will be on display down at the ground.
It only seems football fans on coaches get treated like this,
retford rover
p s still seats on the coaches for the game, and about 200 match tickets left.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012