Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:37:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Rate The Ref

0 (0%)
1 (5.3%)
2 (10.5%)
5 (26.3%)
8 (42.1%)
0 - Totally Useless
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: November 23, 2014, 08:41:47 am

Author Topic: Rovers v Sheffield United- 15/10/14- Keith Hill  (Read 2786 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Rovers v Sheffield United- 15/10/14- Keith Hill
« on November 11, 2014, 08:41:08 am by The Red Baron »
Doncaster Rovers FC (First Team) v Sheffield United FC (First Team)
Football League 1
Referee: Hill, Keith
Assistant Referee: Peart, Tony
Assistant Referee: Richardson, David
Fourth Official: Haywood, Mark

Last time we had this chap we beat Wigan 3-0. Let's hope he's a good omen!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers v Sheffield United- 15/10/14- Keith Hill
« Reply #1 on November 15, 2014, 08:17:29 pm by Donnywolf »
Every time this Kn*****d Referees us we end up Booing him off at Half Time and Full time

Today we booed him off at Half Time even though he did not give a clear cut Penalty for the foul on Cambell-Rice

Booking for Main did not look like a foul to me either

A total k*** NIL Points

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 15, 2014, 09:58:42 pm by POD »
Every time this Kn*****d Referees us we end up Booing him off at Half Time and Full time

Today we booed him off at Half Time even though he did not give a clear cut Penalty for the foul on Cambell-Rice

Booking for Main did not look like a foul to me either

A total k*** NIL Points

The ref did not do a lot wrong today.  Justified bookings for four Rovers players - Keegan for stopping a breakaway with a deliberate foul and Stevens and Main for persistent fouling.  As for Forrester, what can I say!! He did miss the odd foul, but that should be expected when you are at pitch level as you have a much clearer view from high up in the Stand. 

In my opinion, the only major decision he got wrong was the penalty which Sheffield Utd should have got just on half time.  However, from his position, it was not clear and the linesman was not in a position to help him. 

In the second half he got most things right and overall had a decent game.
If you think differently, like Messrs Dickov and Horton, you probably need to take your blinkers off and look for someone to blame other than the officials.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 15, 2014, 10:01:37 pm by RobTheRover »
I agree with most of that POD, but for me he wasn't consistent. Sheffield Utd players were fouling worse than our lads and he wasn't booking them.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 15, 2014, 10:13:06 pm by POD »
I agree with most of that POD, but for me he wasn't consistent. Sheffield Utd players were fouling worse than our lads and he wasn't booking them.

The ref has to give individual players a chance.  To be cautioned for a first offence, it has to be a foul like Keegan's where he stopped a promising attack with a deliberate foul.

Other fouls which are 'run of the mill' or mistimed tackles, will only be punished with a caution if they become persistent as they did with Main and Stevens and indeed the Sheffield Utd player who was booked just before half time.

The fans see it as inconsistency, but the referee was spot on with the cautions today, it's just that different Sheffield Utd players were fouling each time and each foul in itself didn't warrant a caution.

Ive given the ref a 3 today as he did miss some fouls and the major penalty decision for Sheffield Utd, but overall he was a decent and fair referee.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 15, 2014, 10:13:51 pm by StocktonRover »
And he failed to take any action on 2 occasions for diving!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 15, 2014, 11:12:50 pm by Dagenham Rover »

He booked 3 of ours within the first half hour or so, the Blunts got away with with similar fouls all the way through, Keegans booking fair enough!
However 3 bookings in the first 30 minutes or so totally takes the edge of anybodys game.

Too inconsistant but whats new

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 15, 2014, 11:32:07 pm by POD »

He booked 3 of ours within the first half hour or so, the Blunts got away with with similar fouls all the way through, Keegans booking fair enough!
However 3 bookings in the first 30 minutes or so totally takes the edge of anybodys game.

Too inconsistant but whats new

Dagenham, it's wasn't the fouls in themselves that the Rovers players were booked for (except Keegan as you agree) it was the persistency of the fouling which Stevens and Main were booked for - see my earlier posts.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 16, 2014, 07:30:24 pm by The Red Baron »
He got most decisions right apart from the penalty in the first half (though my initial thought was that it was a dive by Campbell-Rice). However, he destroyed any flow the game might have had by his persistent whistling.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 16, 2014, 11:47:31 pm by RobTheRover »
POd, I agree with you for the reason, but he booked Stevens for two fouls (he pointed to the exact blades of grass where they occured as he brandished the yellow card) and when he booked he Sheff U chappy he pointed to about 6 locations.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012