Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:54:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Positives today  (Read 1664 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Positives today
« on November 15, 2014, 07:24:09 pm by Chris Black come back »
These are all tiny increments, but that was generally a better defensive performance.

Admittedly Blades weren't up to much as a goal threat but back four had a decent game.

McCombe made three very good last ditch tackles, well timed and aggressive. Wakefield looks more assured but got done too much in second half and he needs to overlap more rather than playing safe. Still, better to concentrate on his defensive role. Wabara was solid and looks a decent bet for CB although needs to stop heading ball up in air rather than ahead of him. Stevens was solid. Slotted straight in to LB. Good player. What we need.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: Positives today
« Reply #1 on November 15, 2014, 07:26:03 pm by Dare to dream! »
I haven't got to many games this season but that was a better defensive performance? We were shocking at the back, errors everywhere. Agree on McCombe though

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 15, 2014, 07:27:54 pm by Chris Black come back »
There have been some real shockers believe me.

As the main point, we actually defended from set pieces. This has been an absolute and unmitigated disaster for us so far this season, especially at home.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 15, 2014, 07:28:15 pm by POD »
McCombe was my Man of the Match today.  He did well in both a defensive and attacking capacity.  Doesn't say much for the rest of the team!!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 15, 2014, 07:37:48 pm by silent majority »
McCombe was my Man of the Match today.  He did well in both a defensive and attacking capacity.  Doesn't say much for the rest of the team!!

He was mine too, brought the ball out from the back on numerous occasions.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 15, 2014, 07:43:37 pm by glosterred »
One positive for me was that we now know 2 players that shouldn't be taking pens

COYR

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 15, 2014, 07:58:57 pm by roversdude »
Wakefield got done on outside every time by their number 9
If Wabarra could concentrate for full game he may be half decent but twice today nearly cost us

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 15, 2014, 08:02:02 pm by Wellred »
If Wabarra could concentrate for full game he may be half decent but twice today nearly cost us

Wabarra did cost us the game today by fannying about in the corner when he should have booted the ball clear. Instead he concedes a soft corner which lead to their goal.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 15, 2014, 08:03:06 pm by roversdude »
You are right Wellred

neil grainger

« Reply #9 on November 15, 2014, 11:15:57 pm by neil grainger »
Positives today?
Yeah, I can think of the following:

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 15, 2014, 11:45:59 pm by POD »

Agree with Wakefield.  He looked OK going forward and linked up well at times, but defensively ( which is his main job ) he was found wanting on many occasions.  The winger knew how to get him on the wrong foot each time and was past him with ease. 

As for Wabarra, he has to learn that there are times when you can keep the ball in play and times when you have to find Row Z.  When you're not sure, you choose the latter option.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012