Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:20:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Youth cup  (Read 4850 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Youth cup
« Reply #30 on November 20, 2014, 09:34:53 am by GazLaz »
Why is this side any different to sides we've had in the last 20years that haven't been good enough to produce players other than ones schooled at other academies?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 20, 2014, 09:44:38 am by Filo »
None of our U18 are good enough

You can tell from their results.

Aye, it makes you wonder how Wales have the most expensive footballer in the world in their squad, if you can judge every player by a teams results

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 20, 2014, 09:47:42 am by DonnyNoel »
You can tell from their results.

Overall I agree with you but them being a moderate side doesn't necessarily lead to the fact that there won't be one or two good players in it who may make the grade.

CGJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 20, 2014, 10:05:29 am by CGJ »
Why is this side any different to sides we've had in the last 20years that haven't been good enough to produce players other than ones schooled at other academies?

Perhaps it's to do with the fact that our Academy (which hasn't been around for 20 years) is now starting to pay dividends.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 20, 2014, 10:14:06 am by GazLaz »
What dividends is it paying? The most recent crop promoted to the first team are not making any impression. If we were to have any real quality players they would get poached anyway the way the current system is.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 20, 2014, 11:34:04 am by graingrover »
I read an article from a local  Yorkshire coach the essence of which was that too often in Junior football the team result is considered more important than the developent of the individual . The exampe was of a great young prospect played out of his best position for the benefit of the side . So , for me , no surprise that our Rovers coaches lay more emphasis on the individual since that is the club's declared strategy .. to develop youngsters .

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on November 20, 2014, 12:16:11 pm by eastender »
I read an article from a local  Yorkshire coach the essence of which was that too often in Junior football the team result is considered more important than the developent of the individual . The exampe was of a great young prospect played out of his best position for the benefit of the side . So , for me , no surprise that our Rovers coaches lay more emphasis on the individual since that is the club's declared strategy .. to develop youngsters .

This could be where you read it Graingrover.  :unsure:

Re: Jerry Yates

Quote from: vietaff on August 02, 2014, 10:27:13 AM

Doncaster Lad and his Dad is a Rovers fanatic - only 18/19 and scored in the last 2 games for Rotherham he has played in pre-season.
Great abililty both on the floor and in the air and isnt afraid to mix it....hes definatley one for the future and maybe Rotherham will look to loan him out for the season - which is why i have mentioned him, pretty sure if he has a decent game today it will do DRFC no harm in looking to see if he fancies a stint at the Keepmoat.

« Reply #2 on August 02, 2014, 11:54:28 AM by PACMAN »

Jerry is 17, I was his coach for 5 seasons before I took him down to the Rovers at age 12. Best young player I have ever seen, naturally gifted with both feet, a good header of the ball and brave in front of goal. He was at the Rovers for a couple of seasons and I know Paul Wilson thought very, very highly of him but a disagreement over his best position led to his Father and Grandfather deciding to take him elsewhere.
I'm happy to stick my neck out and say this lad will go on to play for England and we let him walk away....................gutted!!!!!!

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=248135.0

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 20, 2014, 12:58:23 pm by graingrover »
very probably that  article .. thanks .

CGJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 20, 2014, 01:39:01 pm by CGJ »
What dividends is it paying? The most recent crop promoted to the first team are not making any impression. If we were to have any real quality players they would get poached anyway the way the current system is.

There was no Academy set-up when the "most recent crop" were youngsters and you're obviously unaware of the current EPPP rules. Why be so cynical -try and look on the bright side.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on November 20, 2014, 01:48:51 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Paul McKay was given a contract so he didn't get poached so does this mean that he's good enough?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 20, 2014, 02:16:42 pm by steve@dcfd »

Gaz can only make an impression if they are given a run of games. Then we will know if they are good enough or not. At the moment only Wakefield as been given fleeting appearances how can they improve.
I appreciate the young lads in the youth team may not make the standard required, others could make the standard but ver few are given a consistent chance to show anything. When they are a lot of fans are quick to jump on their backs to point out all the negatives.

Let's be fair we have given some of the first team squad plenty of chances and we are seeing no improvement in them but they continue to be in the squad.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 20, 2014, 02:22:48 pm by GazLaz »
The management will know exactly how good they are. Anyone that has any confidence or faith in the players we produce must be on stuff. They are never any good.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on November 20, 2014, 02:44:40 pm by steve@dcfd »
The youth team results are better than the first teams over the same period, discounting Development squad results because they are playing against some professionals at different clubs.

If we are not producing or improving players the it's down to the management staff at all levels. The manager and his staff are not getting consistent results or performances from the first team. So how can we have faith they can get the best out of any of our young players we have.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on November 20, 2014, 02:57:12 pm by graingrover »
GazLaz you might agree to exclude Wakefield and Husband from that critcism and Mandeville and the two Mc Kays   do sound promising in the current under 18's .
   The best scout to my recollection was a guy Bremner brought to Rovers from Leeds Dave Blackey . I was disappointed we 'lost' Brian Flynn who certainly has a good reputation of  seeking out and developing young players . I don't know how we do our scouting these days .

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on November 20, 2014, 03:00:11 pm by graingrover »
from the Telewag

Football academies were developed by the leading clubs so that they could identify and nurture talented players from as young as eight. The 9,000 boys in their ranks are desperate to succeed, but only a handful will make it to the top.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 20, 2014, 03:14:38 pm by GazLaz »
I don't count Husband as a home grown player. Wakefield is being given his chance, hope he keeps improving and becomes a regular, it's an odds against chance though.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on November 20, 2014, 04:18:22 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Husband played in the age range for us which were discussing so he needs to be counted as a success. There's players like Aron Gordon who plays for our youth team and has for a couple of year but he started out at Watford. If Gordon becomes succesful I'd say he's one of ours as he was deemed not good enough elsewhere.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on November 20, 2014, 04:44:19 pm by Al4475 »
Anyone remember liam's brother - stoke, a very clinical player but was prone to playing the odd hospital pass!...sorry...I'll get my coat!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 20, 2014, 04:45:21 pm by bpoolrover »
Wakefield has only been given a chance as there I'd no1 else,4 me we need get these lads out on loan and see how good they really are

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on November 20, 2014, 06:55:29 pm by not on facebook »
Did Norwich no win the fa Youth cup not long back ?

2seasons maybe

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on November 21, 2014, 06:28:03 am by raggytash »
When is the game?

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on November 21, 2014, 09:09:22 am by eastender »
When is the game?

Not sure , but the tie as to be played before the 20th of December.

So i would say somewhere between 8th and 17th  Dec.  :unsure:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012