Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 09:44:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers Vs Rochdale 25 Years Ago  (Read 5232 times)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers Vs Rochdale 25 Years Ago
« Reply #30 on November 24, 2014, 12:57:27 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Jones came on a free from Ipswich. Jinny Muir from Solihull Motors.

Bremner. A god!
Point of information - there is no such club as Solihull Motors. Solihull Moors was formed a few years back following a merger between Solihull Borough and Moor Green.

So if Johnny Muir had come from a Solihull team it would have been Borough. However I thought we got him from Dudley Town. Still a cracking bit of business though.

Strange what the lazy eye sees sometimes. I too always thought it was Solihull Motors, probably conflating Vauxhall Motors with vague ideas of car production in Birmingham. Never knew it came from a merger - thanks TRB

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 24, 2014, 12:59:30 pm by roversdude »
class player, wonder what hes doing now

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 24, 2014, 01:21:43 pm by The Red Baron »

Bremner. A god!
Point of information - there is no such club as Solihull Motors. Solihull Moors was formed a few years back following a merger between Solihull Borough and Moor Green.

So if Johnny Muir had come from a Solihull team it would have been Borough. However I thought we got him from Dudley Town. Still a cracking bit of business though.

Strange what the lazy eye sees sometimes. I too always thought it was Solihull Motors, probably conflating Vauxhall Motors with vague ideas of car production in Birmingham. Never knew it came from a merger - thanks TRB

They play at the back of the Land Rover works, so you can see how the Motors thing arises.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 26, 2014, 01:05:54 pm by RedRover45 »

Bremner. A god!

They play at the back of the Land Rover works, so you can see how the Motors thing arises.

Went to the old Moor Green ground about a decade ago while ground hopping. I take it that it's long since gone TRB ?
Saw the Rovers at Solihull Moors a few years ago in a friendly en route to the infamous Joma Cup debacle in Devon.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on November 26, 2014, 01:26:05 pm by Sheepskin Stu »

Bremner. A god!

Went to the old Moor Green ground about a decade ago while ground hopping. I take it that it's long since gone TRB ?
Saw the Rovers at Solihull Moors a few years ago in a friendly en route to the infamous Joma Cup debacle in Devon.
They really were great times.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 26, 2014, 03:54:00 pm by graingrover »
On that Saturday I was with my family supporting our daughter in a cross country event at Margate . I shall remember that day for three reasons ... her performance ,the fun all my family ,  friends and athletes had at Margate Fawlty Towers but especiallyt that warm Saturday night feeling that comes with the prospect that your club has discovered  the world'x most prolific Centre forward ... BRUNO !

TinyPortal © 2005-2012