Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 12:44:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rangers and Newcastle  (Read 1295 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Rangers and Newcastle
« on February 03, 2015, 01:03:53 pm by wing commander »
   It's had little mention but last night Rangers signed 5 players on loan from Newcastle United...Obviously Ashley has a foot in both camps but if there was ever a reason why you should only be allowed a stake in one club that was it...Totally unfair on the rest of that league in my opinion because I doubt very much they are paying anything for any of them.... :thumbdown:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Rangers and Newcastle
« Reply #1 on February 03, 2015, 01:08:10 pm by RobTheRover »
Watford did the same the other year.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 03, 2015, 01:12:23 pm by GazLaz »
I feel sorry for Newcastle having Ashley in charge. He runs the club horribly if you're a fan. His daughter goes out with a kid from Donny, young Mike Murray, Mick Murrays lad. He's hit the jackpot really, minted and tidy.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 03, 2015, 01:27:09 pm by DRNaith »
I feel sorry for Newcastle having Ashley in charge. He runs the club horribly if you're a fan. His daughter goes out with a kid from Donny, young Mike Murray, Mick Murrays lad. He's hit the jackpot really, minted and tidy.

Cue some joke about marriage and murray mints...

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 03, 2015, 03:08:53 pm by LincsRover »
Bet she's not as tidy as our lass - spotless our house is!!!!  :santa:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 03, 2015, 03:26:35 pm by BobG »
Whilst I'd love your lass to pop round our gaffe for a bit Lincs perhaps I can suggest that I am not happy at all that Mike Ashley can do this. It was cheating by Watford last year and it's cheating by both Newcastle and Rangers this. One gets to save a fair amount of cash, the other gets players they wouldn't otherwise have had and so will fix things in their league.

But then, this sort of thing is par for the course in football isn't it? I'm just fascinated to see when the worm is going to turn. Football cannot go on for ever behaving like they're nearly all barrow boys from the east end. I suspect though the penny won't drop until it's too late. Once supporters go, it'll be the devils own job to tempt them back.

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012