Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 05:54:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Black Bank Flag Fund  (Read 33803 times)

RJHeader

• Forum Member
Re: Black Bank Flag Fund
« Reply #30 on March 01, 2015, 04:10:14 pm by RJHeader »
Great idea, and can only be a positive thing, but no disrespect Jamie, you are a new user on here and having been nearly a victim of online fraud, could you provide a contact name and address? If you're not comfortable with doing that on here then maybe you should provide one on your website. I'm a bit wary of donating money to unknown people.

Some cynical folk would say you're trying to cause a few problems for the sake of it.  :chair:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 01, 2015, 04:12:00 pm by wilts rover »
To see what can be done take a quick look at Huddersfield's North Stand Loyal. From a standing start at the beginning of this season they've completely revolutionised their home goal end. Definitely something we're looking to emulate.

I'll have me name down for a cycling jersey if you are going to emulate them.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 01, 2015, 04:12:43 pm by Copps is Magic »
I don't have any fears, personally, I've just donated myself after reading what you wrote but other people probably won't know the same. If you need labour power I can also probably chip in next season.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 01, 2015, 04:17:22 pm by wesisback »
To see what can be done take a quick look at Huddersfield's North Stand Loyal. From a standing start at the beginning of this season they've completely revolutionised their home goal end. Definitely something we're looking to emulate.

I'll have me name down for a cycling jersey if you are going to emulate them.
Bloody good aren't they! Amazing what a collection of fans can knock together once they've got their heads together! I've got such a buzz about this for next year! Here's to hoping it can bring some unity to the whole fanbase!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on March 01, 2015, 04:19:50 pm by Filo »
Why the negativity Filo? I think people deserve a little more credit than you suggesting that they are going to run off into the sunset with your money.

Pathetic, but I expect no less from you.

I take it you've never had £3k taken from your credit card account Jenny? And having to make the payments while they investigate?

If you noticed my first post on the subject, you'll see that I think it's a good idea, I'm just a little more careful on who I choose to give my payment card details to, that is all, I could have a snipe back at you Jenny but I don't want the thread to get side tracked from the good intentions of the thread!

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 01, 2015, 04:21:34 pm by Jenny »
You aren't guving your card details to any individual involved in this so i fail to see why you require the name and address of anyone behind it? The cynic in me just thinks you want to know who's behind it so you can rubbish their involvement and have a reason to discredit the project.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 01, 2015, 04:25:11 pm by BobG »
I agree with you Filo. Whilst Jamie and his colleagues have both a brilliant idea and a clear set of protections in place, that wasn't clear when you made your original post. Now that it is I feel a lot more relaxed about providing personal details. I wouldn't have done so otherwise. I too have had several thousand quid removed from an account that took time and effort to get back.

Just seen your last Jenny. It's unworthy of you. We all agree, including Filo, that this is a great idea. Why can't you allow the experiences of other people to inform their judgements and decisions?

BobG

BlackBank

« Reply #37 on March 01, 2015, 04:27:17 pm by BlackBank »
Filo, BobG, if you're feeling a little more secure would we be ok to draw a line under this and get back to the important task of rattling a bucket under everyones (virtual) nose?

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/black-bank-doncaster-rovers-flag-fund

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 01, 2015, 04:27:44 pm by RJHeader »
Shouldn't be clicking all those dodgy links lads ;)

'Meet single sluts in your area' never ends well.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 01, 2015, 04:28:35 pm by Filo »
You aren't guving your card details to any individual involved in this so i fail to see why you require the name and address of anyone behind it? The cynic in me just thinks you want to know who's behind it so you can rubbish their involvement and have a reason to discredit the project.

Why would I want to discredit a project that people donate their time and effort for and which I agree with?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 01, 2015, 04:29:28 pm by RobTheRover »
Depends if you are the single slut, RJ.  Can we give them a collection bucket for this?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 01, 2015, 04:30:42 pm by Copps is Magic »
Depends if you are the single slut, RJ.  Can we give them a collection bucket for this?

Some of those single sluts are practically collection buckets already, Rob.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 01, 2015, 04:32:37 pm by RobTheRover »
Somehow,  I don't think Jamie is after bodily fluids.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 01, 2015, 04:34:11 pm by Copps is Magic »
I feel like someone needs to rescue this thread before it degenerates any further so here is a line for all of the above.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

BlackBank

« Reply #44 on March 01, 2015, 04:34:32 pm by BlackBank »
Dragging this back on topic (and away from bucket gags  :woot:) this is what we're trending at for the moment:

Obviously we don't expect to finish anywhere near £14k, although it'd be great if we did, but it shows how much good will there is behind this.

Thanks to all that have donated so far, we're astounded by your generosity.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 01, 2015, 04:38:48 pm by Copps is Magic »
Even £250 will already get you 1 decent signed banner I imagine. How about a couple of those large flags you can wave about on poles at the front of the stand?

BlackBank

« Reply #46 on March 01, 2015, 04:41:32 pm by BlackBank »
Copps is Magic, we're looking at two different setups. Big flags and banners will be stored in the Keepmoat and managed by Black Bank volunteers on a match day.

Smaller flags will be lent out on a match day on a honesty system. You take a flag from a container dotted around the South Stand concourse, wave it for the duration of the match then drop it off back in a container at full time, obviously that'll rely on honesty from our fans but we're confident it'll work.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 01, 2015, 04:44:05 pm by Nudga »
May I suggest some sort of signing out signing in for these flags with contact details. Don't trust anyone, it'll cost you more money than its worth.

BlackBank

« Reply #48 on March 01, 2015, 04:47:03 pm by BlackBank »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV0ekEorNjM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV0ekEorNjM</a>

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/black-bank-doncaster-rovers-flag-fund
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 04:53:51 pm by BlackBank »

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on March 01, 2015, 05:35:23 pm by Muttley »
Don't want to be pedantic, but the Keepmoat is actually on Lady Bank, not Black Bank!

BlackBank

« Reply #50 on March 01, 2015, 05:41:18 pm by BlackBank »
We were aware of that but "Lady Bank" isn't really the image we wanted to project so a little artistic licence was used...  :scarf:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on March 01, 2015, 05:44:27 pm by BobG »
God. Are we all a big bunch of lady boys then? Christ....

BobG

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on March 01, 2015, 05:53:22 pm by The Red Baron »
I remember the Black Bank being mooted as the possible location of a new stadium back in the 80s. So I think Black Bank fits nicely with what is being proposed.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on March 01, 2015, 06:26:33 pm by graingrover »
i'm in for a tenner ... good initiative lads 'n lasses . .

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on March 01, 2015, 06:52:00 pm by Mr1Croft »
Well over half way and now approaching the £300 mark. Thanks again to everyone who has donated so far.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 01, 2015, 08:41:17 pm by GazLaz »
There's more chance of you getting mugged for a tenner going to the game than donating a tenner to this and it being lost to fraudulent activity.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on March 01, 2015, 08:59:07 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Right I am not being a killjoy or anything, however when we first moved into the KMS we were told  the back of the South could be used to put flags up which we did and chipped in for, even to the extent of Philsky personally buying extra strong magnets to hold them against the back wall. we were then told to take them down it was needed for advertising, and we could not interfere with any of the advertising, we were told the concrete bits in the West where the steps come out could be used as they would never be used for advertising hence the west stand barmy army flags spread across them, then we were told get rid its needed for advertising.

Now just out of curiosity has the siting of these flags been discussed without them interfering with any advertising or seating.

I appreciate there is basically a new broom at the club  however a lot of us older ones chipped in and tried when we first moved and were basically shafted
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 09:04:42 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on March 01, 2015, 09:15:38 pm by Mr1Croft »
Right I am not being a killjoy or anything, however when we first moved into the KMS we were told  the back of the South could be used to put flags up which we did and chipped in for, even to the extent of Philsky personally buying extra strong magnets to hold them against the back wall. we were then told to take them down it was needed for advertising, and we could not interfere with any of the advertising, we were told the concrete bits in the West where the steps come out could be used as they would never be used for advertising hence the west stand barmy army flags spread across them, then we were told get rid its needed for advertising.

Now just out of curiosity has the siting of these flags been discussed without them interfering with any advertising or seating.

I appreciate there is basically a new broom at the club  however a lot of us older ones chipped in and tried when we first moved and were basically shafted

It's something we're discussing with the club. Currently there are some spaces on the stadium wall so it would be possible to move the current hoardings into the empty spaces and use the middle blocks to put flags up.

We imagine that with the addition of the screen its likely that next season's sponsors will be more interested in a big screen advert than the hoardings which gives us more space. We do want to get Polypipe on side as well because making the South Stand what we want it to be will only help them in terms of raising their profile.

We have been having discussions about other places to put flags as well, e.g. smaller flags can be tied over front couple of rows of seating or at the border of the unreserved section over the netting that will be put in place.

Early days yet but hopefully we can reach something everyone is happy with.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 09:17:54 pm by Mr1Croft »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on March 01, 2015, 09:22:46 pm by Filo »
It's reassuring to see reputable people vouch for this idea in this thread and my donation has now been pledged

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on March 01, 2015, 09:26:46 pm by Dagenham Rover »

It's something we're discussing with the club. Currently there are some spaces on the stadium wall so it would be possible to move the current hoardings into the empty spaces and use the middle blocks to put flags up.

We imagine that with the addition of the screen its likely that next season's sponsors will be more interested in a big screen advert than the hoardings which gives us more space. We do want to get Polypipe on side as well because making the South Stand what we want it to be will only help them in terms of raising their profile.

We have been having discussions about other places to put flags as well, e.g. smaller flags can be tied over front couple of rows of seating or at the border of the unreserved section over the netting that will be put in place.

Early days yet but hopefully we can reach something everyone is happy with.

Fair enough as long as its being discussed, only one comment with regard to advertisers being more interested in the big screen  in the event of televised games the advertisers (yes I know the odd one or a cup run) would not get any coverage that  a 3/4 second shot on tv of a traditional hoarding would bring, marketing managers will pick that sort of bit up the chances are they will want both

TinyPortal © 2005-2012