Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:25:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Black Bank Flag Fund  (Read 33781 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Black Bank Flag Fund
« Reply #60 on March 01, 2015, 09:28:32 pm by Dagenham Rover »
It's reassuring to see reputable people vouch for this idea in this thread and my donation has now been pledged

Filo thats exactly why I've asked the questions above with regard to the placing of the flags. I don't want to be shafted again

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LongbridgeMGRover

« Reply #61 on March 01, 2015, 10:48:25 pm by LongbridgeMGRover »
...and if those on the Black Bank dont want to be noticed, maybe those of us who go in tbe East Stand could be the Decoy Bank?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on March 02, 2015, 03:24:40 am by hoolahoop »
What existing flags are being stored by the club or have they all disappeared once again ?

We keep buying bigger and better one's just for them to disappear from the stadium under someone's t shirt or summat.

If we have them can we use them/re-adapt  them etc  ??

Incidentally I'm fully behind this initiative and will be chipping in shortly.

BlackBank

« Reply #63 on March 02, 2015, 06:27:48 am by BlackBank »
Hi Hoolahoop, we know that the club still have the hooped shirt surfing flag so will be looking to grab that.

Because there are a few of us behind this we're hoping that we'll be able to control the flag situation a little easier. Plus if we make the flags big enough it'll be impossible for someone to stuff one up their jumper!  :whistle:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on March 02, 2015, 06:55:26 am by GazLaz »
I just w**k to check before I donate that "Black Bank" isn't Cockney rhyming slang and I'm completely missing the point here!?!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on March 02, 2015, 07:17:17 am by Filo »
I just w**k to check before I donate that "Black Bank" isn't Cockney rhyming slang and I'm completely missing the point here!?!

I thought you'd be a dedicated Black Banker Gaz! ;)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on March 02, 2015, 09:10:19 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Where do the funds go as in what bank account etc do they go to?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on March 02, 2015, 09:11:35 am by GazLaz »

I thought you'd be a dedicated Black Banker Gaz! ;)

There are a few referees I can think of that souls be signed up members as well!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on March 02, 2015, 09:15:41 am by Filo »
Where do the funds go as in what bank account etc do they go to?

I hope the cynic in someone does n't see that post! :)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on March 02, 2015, 09:39:54 am by bobjimwilly »
Hi Hoolahoop, we know that the club still have the hooped shirt surfing flag so will be looking to grab that.

Because there are a few of us behind this we're hoping that we'll be able to control the flag situation a little easier. Plus if we make the flags big enough it'll be impossible for someone to stuff one up their jumper!  :whistle:

A small point to note: the hooped shirt flag and JR flag belong to the VSC.
I've pledged today btw, and hope to see the South Stand full of flags and banners next season!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:17:10 am by bobjimwilly »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on March 02, 2015, 10:19:23 am by Filo »

A small point to note: the hooped shirt flag and JR flag belong to the VSC.
I've pledged today btw, and hope to see the South Stand full of flags and banners next season!

Having said that bjw, I'm sure those flags would be made available, as a politician said in the past few years, "we're all in this together"

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on March 02, 2015, 10:50:25 am by wesisback »
Of that I have no doubt - I'm overwhelmed by the backing this project has had from everyone online. A bit of work on the ground (who's in possesion of the coin trail buckets?) and I'm confident there will be a mind set change at the Keepmoat. The club's that have done it are testament that anybody can.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on March 02, 2015, 11:30:12 am by bobjimwilly »
Having said that bjw, I'm sure those flags would be made available, as a politician said in the past few years, "we're all in this together"

Of Course. More of a reminder to the club than anything. The shirt flag especially is there to be used - only reason we stopped surfing it was the lack of numbers in the south stand, but of course this looks to change for the better next season!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on March 02, 2015, 02:42:43 pm by Filo »
Bump!

Come on folks, this seems to have stalled at the minute, surely there's more wanting to chip in than the handful at the moment

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on March 02, 2015, 09:16:12 pm by Filo »
An idea for Black bank branded merchandise, possibly the Black Bank logo?

http://www.footballflags.co.uk/custom-iphone-5-cases.html

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on March 02, 2015, 09:38:26 pm by graingrover »
chipped in a tenner for this good initiative .. £160 more needed .

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on March 02, 2015, 10:34:12 pm by Mr1Croft »
An idea for Black bank branded merchandise, possibly the Black Bank logo?

http://www.footballflags.co.uk/custom-iphone-5-cases.html

Thanks for that Filo!

Branded merchandise is something we are looking at, obviously early days yet but this is exactly the sort of stuff we'll be looking at, as well as scarves, hats etc.,

BlackBank

« Reply #77 on March 03, 2015, 07:59:08 pm by BlackBank »
Thanks again for all the donations so far, we're still forging ahead at a phenomenal rate! If any of you are on Facebook we have a page here where we can keep you updated with how we're getting on.

We'll be asking for flag / banner design ideas soon so please get thinking of what you'd like / former players you'd like honoured.

Thanks again all, and if you're feeling flush after payday: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/black-bank-doncaster-rovers-flag-fund/

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on March 04, 2015, 08:47:28 am by RJHeader »
I'd be shocked if we never got something for Copps. He deserves a statue never mind a flag.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on March 04, 2015, 11:58:52 am by glosterred »
Got my tenner - good luck in hitting your target

COYR

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on March 04, 2015, 12:30:06 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Superb positive project, and love the logo. I'm looking forward to a visit to the Black Bank next season!  :thumbsup:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on March 05, 2015, 11:16:12 am by Filo »
It's slightly dissappointing that this seems to have stalled with only a handful of backers given the amount of people that moan about a lack of atmoshpere. The initial pushing of this seems to have been neglected as well

BlackBank

« Reply #82 on March 05, 2015, 11:23:29 am by BlackBank »
Filo, we're going for a big push on Friday to coincide with us asking for flag design submissions (hint, keep an eye on certain  players Twitter accounts)

We always expected the initial furore to die down, that the nature of Crowdfuner and we certainly don't want to appear "pushy". Nothing is more likely to get people's backs up more than constant begging for money.

Finally, we're not even a week in to a two month appeal and we're over 80% to target! If anything we're massively overachieving.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on March 05, 2015, 11:26:50 am by Filo »
Filo, we're going for a big push on Friday to coincide with us asking for flag design submissions (hint, keep an eye on certain  players Twitter accounts)

We always expected the initial furore to die down, that the nature of Crowdfuner and we certainly don't want to appear "pushy". Nothing is more likely to get people's backs up more than constant begging for money.

Finally, we're not even a week in to a two month appeal and we're over 80% to target! If anything we're massively overachieving.

I appreciate that it's early days, but still think it's dissappointing given the amount of people that moaned about a lack of atmosphere, it appears when money is involved some folk are all mouth and no action, I thought you'd piss the £500 by now easily

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on March 05, 2015, 02:03:25 pm by idler »
Just paid and it looks like it's almost there now. :0)

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on March 05, 2015, 03:22:50 pm by Nudga »
How much is it upto now?

BlackBank

« Reply #86 on March 05, 2015, 03:50:03 pm by BlackBank »
£443  :lol:

Once again thanks to everyone that's chipped in so far and for those that haven't I'm sure we'll be rattling a bucket under your nose at a match soon!

BlackBank

« Reply #87 on March 05, 2015, 08:02:10 pm by BlackBank »
We've hit the £500 target!  :thumbsup:

Remember we will still be accepting donations, every extra pound means we can go that little bit further on the opening day of next season.
You can still donate via this link:
http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/black-bank-doncaster-rovers-flag-fund/

COYR!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on March 05, 2015, 08:10:22 pm by RobTheRover »
Excellent news. Well done everyone. 

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on March 05, 2015, 08:43:33 pm by Filo »
I hope my cheeky bump of the thread this morning prompted some more donations ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012