Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:37:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wrong decisions by PD cost us  (Read 9763 times)

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
Re: Wrong decisions by PD cost us
« Reply #30 on March 15, 2015, 04:41:56 pm by Donnyrovers »
Maybe so,,
But all this Dickov is inept nonsense it ridiculous when were as good as almost anyone over the last 10 games

We've not played good football all season and he's tactically shit you have been up his arse from day one.

Just like I was up o driscolls arse and Saunders arse.. I'm just realistic...
People like you just go from one manager to the next saying get rid,
We were in the playoffs 24 hours ago, you need to manage your expectations better, there aren't many if any successful sides that change managers every season

I do manage by expectations realistically first expectation was survival last season when we got in the great position which he should have achieved. This season expect play offs with the team we have its a realistic expectation but Dickov thinks he's Mourinho at times with how he sets the team up like yesterday just over complicates it and f**ks it up. Not rated him from day one and will continue to say it he's not the one to take us forward.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 15, 2015, 04:59:07 pm by acko »
your last sentence sums it up most people were against PD from the word go,but why cant people on here accept the squad and team are not good enough.everyone wanted a striker all we got was a young lad learning his trade.if we changed the manager now who would come with the budget we have,promote jones I hear people say but he couldn't turn things round only the players can do that.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 15, 2015, 05:16:06 pm by dickos1 »
The expectations before last season were survival, and we missed out by a goal, irrespective of what happened before or where we were, Dickov got us into that good position.
And the majority of this board in July were fully expecting mid to lower table and maybe even a relegation scrap.
Have a look the posts are still there.
Nobody was predicting promotion in July, so Dickov has brought this new expectations by doing better than everybody thought he would

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 15, 2015, 05:19:40 pm by Filo »
your last sentence sums it up most people were against PD from the word go,but why cant people on here accept the squad and team are not good enough.everyone wanted a striker all we got was a young lad learning his trade.if we changed the manager now who would come with the budget we have,promote jones I hear people say but he couldn't turn things round only the players can do that.

What is out budget acko?

You quote the budget often enough, you must have some figures for us to digest surely?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 15, 2015, 05:25:51 pm by Dare to dream! »

What is out budget acko?

You quote the budget often enough, you must have some figures for us to digest surely?

Budget isnt everything. Swindon have a budget of 2m, proves you can do it without spending a lot.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 15, 2015, 06:38:19 pm by acko »
I don't know what the budget is but it cant be good judging by the last 2 transfer windows,i told you once before only striker we would sign would be a young lad for experience and that's what its proved,copps and keegan out long term but know replacements brought in.you are just looking for an argument filo,its know secret what I think of the board and this stupid club Doncaster,so unless you can convince me that its good for drfc I suggest you start on someone else.  another great result for our rugby team today 5 from 5 brill

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 15, 2015, 06:49:22 pm by Al4475 »
Acko, yes we know what you think of the current board! But I ask you, in all sincerity, what did you expect this season! JR did not have/couldn't show evidence of/have a clear plan (without shady, silent, hedge funds) about where the club should go! What exactly were you expecting from this current board apart from backing up our manager when he asked for it in whatever form that took? They've spent and spent well - but the product of the spend has been shite! Do you really think JR and faceless organisations with nowt but smoke, mirrors and hanging onto the coat tails of donny's latest celebrity was the way forward?

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 15, 2015, 07:25:32 pm by drfc1951 »
Barnsley have brought in a young  striker who is learning his trade hes doing ok.Ours has played one game give him a chance ffs.I bet it makes you feel good knowing what you said was right.Name  a proven striker we could have brought in on loan.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 15, 2015, 07:47:43 pm by Filo »
Acko, yes we know what you think of the current board! But I ask you, in all sincerity, what did you expect this season! JR did not have/couldn't show evidence of/have a clear plan (without shady, silent, hedge funds) about where the club should go! What exactly were you expecting from this current board apart from backing up our manager when he asked for it in whatever form that took? They've spent and spent well - but the product of the spend has been shite! Do you really think JR and faceless organisations with nowt but smoke, mirrors and hanging onto the coat tails of donny's latest celebrity was the way forward?

I think the only one looking for an argument is you, I'm asking you to back up your statements!

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 15, 2015, 07:50:53 pm by acko »
Barnsley also paid good money for a striker with plenty of goals,and I don't think its any coincidence that there upturn in form coincided with his return from injury,but it doesn't make me feel good that the strikers we signed have not hit the net yet but I have said before losing both copps and keegan long term was always going to cost us and there positions was more important

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 15, 2015, 07:58:45 pm by acko »
I am not looking for an argument filo,i said I don't know what the budget is but we keeping on here its compatable with most teams in this league,prove it to me,and at the same time prove to me that now being responsible to the dons debts makes sense,i don't think ive ever met you filo but if you want to meet me please say so sure it can be arranged and that's not beingin any shape or form other than a chat and drink

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 15, 2015, 08:33:17 pm by drfc1951 »
Its not the fault of the board if Dickov has decided he needed a striker rather than a cm.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 16, 2015, 12:06:05 am by Filo »
I am not looking for an argument filo,i said I don't know what the budget is but we keeping on here its compatable with most teams in this league,prove it to me,and at the same time prove to me that now being responsible to the dons debts makes sense,i don't think ive ever met you filo but if you want to meet me please say so sure it can be arranged and that's not beingin any shape or form other than a chat and drink

I don't do that lets meet up for a chat thing, two forum users offered the exact same thing and failed to show

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 16, 2015, 07:51:35 am by acko »
o.k.filo no problem

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 16, 2015, 09:03:50 am by wing commander »
  I was very disappointed on Saturday in PD and I'm one of his biggest admirers...I would love to sit down with him and listen to his explanation behind it,because what part of him thought we would survive with a 3 man midfield including Wellens is simple beyond me...You always know when Wellens cocks up because whilst the balls heading back to the middle he's not lambasting somebody..I'm told the Posh have lost every game against a 3 man midfield this season but you have to have the right players available else its pointless...As for the new lad...Simply Awful and didn't show even a glimpse that he's good enough whenhe did get the ball..I had never seen him play before but crikey he has to be better than that...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on March 16, 2015, 09:10:33 am by dickos1 »
I think the new lad showed more than main and Tyson. He got to the byline for mains chance in the last min wher Alnwick pulled off another great save. Also he should've had a pen,
Playing 3 out n out strikers like that was very strange, for me you should play one of them with copps and forester up there.
With furman wellens razak or Middleton behind them.
But I wouldn't play that formation, I'd play the 5 in midfield

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on March 16, 2015, 09:20:30 am by Filo »
I've nothing against the 3 in midfield, but those 3 have to be fit and mobile, Wellens doesn't fit that description, and that is what I find baffling, why was Wellens in. Three man midfield?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 16, 2015, 09:26:25 am by steve@dcfd »
Agree with some tDickos1 yet the manager as not accepted he got it wrong.
He says we were beaten by the better side.
That's because he made the wrong team selection.
He is also complaining about the second goal, yet I have seen more goals like that at home in two seasons when he makes poor substitions.
The same thing happening against Reading last year at home he never learns, he also very rarely takes the blame for his poor decision making.
Therefore will he play the same formation on Tuesday night having not taken any responsibility for his decision making.

And Filo with no Keegan, no Coppinger let's take Wellens out of the side aswell.

Which three midfield players would you play then who can get up and down create chances and defend aswell.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 09:30:07 am by steve@dcfd »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on March 16, 2015, 09:33:34 am by Filo »
I am not looking for an argument filo,i said I don't know what the budget is

Thats my whole point, how can you deride what the budget is if you don't know what it is?

It's not down to me to prove anything, I haven't made wild unsubstanciated claims, you have, it's down to you to back up what you claim rather than shooting from the hip

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on March 16, 2015, 09:39:57 am by Donnywolf »
I am not looking for an argument filo,i said I don't know what the budget is

Thats my whole point, how can you deride what the budget is if you don't know what it is?

It's not down to me to prove anything, I haven't made wild unsubstanciated claims, you have, it's down to you to back up what you claim rather than shooting from the hip lip  ;)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on March 16, 2015, 10:03:59 am by dickos1 »
With 5 in the middle it gets the best out of wellens, more room and time for him on the ball,
Let furman etc to the running around, with 3 he has to do his fair share

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on March 16, 2015, 10:20:09 am by grayx »
With 5 in the middle it gets the best out of wellens, more room and time for him on the ball,

For once I agree with you. So why didn't the great PD start with 5 in the middle?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on March 16, 2015, 10:42:28 am by Filo »

For once I agree with you. So why didn't the great PD start with 5 in the middle?

The whole team shape was disrupted to facilitate Johnson Clark Harris, that was the problem

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on March 16, 2015, 11:51:41 am by acko »
everyone on here as a different idea what the formation we play,have different idea what the team should be,cant even agree to what flag design should be,the truth is no matter what team plays or system we play we are just not good enough never was at the start of season and no better now.blame dickov if you like but nothing will alter,

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on March 16, 2015, 12:00:58 pm by dickos1 »

Who said he was great?
I just don't agree with your view of sacking him same as I didn't agree with you with Saunders

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on March 16, 2015, 12:06:18 pm by The Red Baron »
I will reserve judgment until the end of the season. By that I mean after the final match. Our season could well be all but over by the end of this month.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on March 16, 2015, 12:22:27 pm by acko »
a win tomorrow could alter a lot of things,defeat would end our season,as a gambler I make it a rule not to let my heart rule my head and so far this season not backed rovers to win,to lose yes.but 2/1 on tomorrows game as tempted me to back rovers I think it will be a match they will win.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on March 16, 2015, 12:25:50 pm by Filo »
a win tomorrow could alter a lot of things,defeat would end our season,as a gambler I make it a rule not to let my heart rule my head and so far this season not backed rovers to win,to lose yes.but 2/1 on tomorrows game as tempted me to back rovers I think it will be a match they will win.

Even with our budget! :)

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on March 16, 2015, 01:59:49 pm by BRMC_rover »
Would have been useful to have had Marc De Val available for this and the next few games.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on March 16, 2015, 02:33:35 pm by acko »
there you go filo talking about the budget again,so come out with it what is it you seem to know,

TinyPortal © 2005-2012