Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:35:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wrong decisions by PD cost us  (Read 9764 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Wrong decisions by PD cost us
« on March 14, 2015, 05:00:24 pm by Dare to dream! »
First of all before I start can we not turn this into a PD out thread or stop criticising him.

Right. Starting line up didn't not warrant Clarke Harris to start. Main and Tyson have built good partnership and hitting some form so why change that? He should have started Bennett and Forrester on the wings and Main/Tyson up front.

Next Balance. We need a balance between attack and defence. Today was way too attack heavy. When you've got players like Forrester and Wellens who don't track back you can't start with 3 strikers on the pitch. So many times today Posh had more men than is in our own box.

Subs. Why Forrester came off I don't know. Clarke-Harris should have come off. Forrester was the only one who looked like making something happen. Then I don't think Furman should have come off either, he was playing well whereas Wellens was shite.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NorthNorfolkRover

Re: Wrong decisions by PD cost us
« Reply #1 on March 14, 2015, 05:03:18 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
Dickov out

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 14, 2015, 05:07:22 pm by les@donr »
Bring on Boomy (Boomstick), I'm sure he'll have something to say.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 14, 2015, 05:15:20 pm by Lipsy »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfHtiCVA5d8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfHtiCVA5d8</a>

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 14, 2015, 05:19:39 pm by bpoolrover »
I'd like us to go back to the 1 up front but for some reason he seems to prefer 442

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 14, 2015, 05:21:19 pm by colincramb »
Very dissapointing. I thought we were sluggish from the off, looked very lethargic and very shaky at the back. Their first goal was an absolute gift. Thought we looked destined to score in the first half then in the second we were non-existent and it was a certainty they would get a 2nd on the break.

Might sound silly with games left, but I think that's it for the playoffs. Other teams are gathering momentum and we are struggling. It's not the end of the world. We lack a lot of quality for me in key areas of the pitch and there's no way this side could even dream of competing in the championship.

Time to build on what we have for a proper assault on the league next season for me

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 14, 2015, 05:26:39 pm by Dare to dream! »
Also fight just isn't a trait we have in this team. Only Furman and maybe Main was up to fight that out today IMO. Got to give Furman credit since hes come back from AFCON he's be consitentley good.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 14, 2015, 05:29:17 pm by Filo »
What we learned today was, we miss Keegan massivly, Wellens cannot be accomodated in a 4-3-3, the team shape and selection should n't be altered to accomodate a new play that hardly knows his team mates, Theo Robinson has 4 left feet!

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 14, 2015, 05:31:02 pm by Dare to dream! »
Very dissapointing. I thought we were sluggish from the off, looked very lethargic and very shaky at the back. Their first goal was an absolute gift. Thought we looked destined to score in the first half then in the second we were non-existent and it was a certainty they would get a 2nd on the break.

Might sound silly with games left, but I think that's it for the playoffs. Other teams are gathering momentum and we are struggling. It's not the end of the world. We lack a lot of quality for me in key areas of the pitch and there's no way this side could even dream of competing in the championship.

Time to build on what we have for a proper assault on the league next season for me

I can live with not making the play offs. I was well against PD for most of this season but since christmas he's changed my opinion him and i'd be happy to see him have another crack next season.

However I still think the play offs are in reach. Sheff Utd have slipped up and now 2 places are up for grabs rather than one.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 14, 2015, 05:34:33 pm by colincramb »
Dare to dream

Whilst I agree it's still possible, we need to be realistic. We've got very tough games to come and I just can't see us being consistent enough to get the wins we are going to need.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 14, 2015, 05:57:33 pm by MrWoodySir »
A goodbye song for Dickov.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcws7UWWDEs

Shut the door on your way out.  :byebye:

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 14, 2015, 06:04:23 pm by les@donr »
Though I have my doubts tactically about Dickov, he should be given the rest of the season to prove himself, then if he fails to get us into the playoffs, then it's time for him to go. There is no benefit getting rid of him now. A new manager would not have enough matches to turn things around.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 14, 2015, 06:10:40 pm by dickos1 »
Not sure anything needs turning around, we've just had 2 very good away results and now we've got beat.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 14, 2015, 06:11:28 pm by MrWoodySir »
Though I have my doubts tactically about Dickov, he should be given the rest of the season to prove himself, then if he fails to get us into the playoffs, then it's time for him to go. There is no benefit getting rid of him now. A new manager would not have enough matches to turn things around.
He will fail, I've been saying it all seeing but have been shot down by the usual happy clappy monsters.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 14, 2015, 06:20:58 pm by hoolahoop »
First of all before I start can we not turn this into a PD out thread or stop criticising him.

Right. Starting line up didn't not warrant Clarke Harris to start. Main and Tyson have built good partnership and hitting some form so why change that? He should have started Bennett and Forrester on the wings and Main/Tyson up front.

I agree with everything you say and I wouldn't dream about losing this manager now. Whilst the formation was poor  that did not excuse the schoolboy errors today...I'm angry.

Next Balance. We need a balance between attack and defence. Today was way too attack heavy. When you've got players like Forrester and Wellens who don't track back you can't start with 3 strikers on the pitch. So many times today Posh had more men than is in our own box.

Subs. Why Forrester came off I don't know. Clarke-Harris should have come off. Forrester was the only one who looked like making something happen. Then I don't think Furman should have come off either, he was playing well whereas Wellens was shite.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 14, 2015, 06:29:04 pm by acko »
it wasn't my intentions to post so soon after the defeat but under the circumstances I must.i wasn't there as of yet not allowed with my treatment,but certain things come to mind listening to reports,if we start with harris playing there could be agreement that he does play,the reports regarding razak before he played his first game was all good what he could do but we don't play him,i have always stuck up for PD but it appears he thinks Bennett and forester cant play in the same team.i don't go along with blaming everything on the seasons start with the JR deal falling thro weve had plenty of time to put things right.dont lets forget this board made copps a free agent at the end of last season along with keegan and wellens.yes we miss keegan and copps and that ought to have been a priority in this window as they are both long term absentees.i did post a few weeks back that peterboro and Barnsley were going to finish above us  and my money went down,i was ridiculed when I mentioned that.you can have your flags and banners with there skulls heads on and the big drummer to create atmosphere but if the teams not good enough forget it.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 14, 2015, 07:10:07 pm by Al4475 »
Cmon acko this thread started as a discussion about what may have been reasons for why today wasn't great - you don't need to bring the jr v current board debate into this current thread!

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 14, 2015, 10:09:36 pm by grayx »
Not sure anything needs turning around, we've just had 2 very good away results and now we've got beat.
Are you Paul Dickov?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 14, 2015, 10:18:22 pm by Filo »
it wasn't my intentions to post so soon after the defeat but under the circumstances I must.i wasn't there as of yet not allowed with my treatment,but certain things come to mind listening to reports,if we start with harris playing there could be agreement that he does play,the reports regarding razak before he played his first game was all good what he could do but we don't play him,i have always stuck up for PD but it appears he thinks Bennett and forester cant play in the same team.i don't go along with blaming everything on the seasons start with the JR deal falling thro weve had plenty of time to put things right.dont lets forget this board made copps a free agent at the end of last season along with keegan and wellens.yes we miss keegan and copps and that ought to have been a priority in this window as they are both long term absentees.i did post a few weeks back that peterboro and Barnsley were going to finish above us  and my money went down,i was ridiculed when I mentioned that.you can have your flags and banners with there skulls heads on and the big drummer to create atmosphere but if the teams not good enough forget it.

Wellens had a contract, he made himself a free agent!

Copps and Keegans contract negotiations had to be put on hold while some one attempted to buy the club!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 14, 2015, 10:43:20 pm by dickos1 »
Are you Paul Dickov?

Things need turning around after 1 bad result, people with that mentality will never ever be happy

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 14, 2015, 10:51:30 pm by steve@dcfd »

When in those two games did we start or play with three strikers. We didn't so today PD made the wrong team selection. If he does it again on Tuesday we will lose again.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 14, 2015, 10:55:31 pm by dickos1 »
Maybe so,,
But all this Dickov is inept nonsense it ridiculous when were as good as almost anyone over the last 10 games

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 15, 2015, 01:14:21 am by Sammy Chung was King »
He didn't get it right today almost everybody has said the same, but he has earned the right to finish the season then depending on where we are then it needs to be looked at whether we carry on with Paul or look to somebody else.
He has improved a lot this season for me, he learned a lot from our relegation i am sure, he needs to get it right every game from now on for us to maintain a challenge.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 15, 2015, 03:43:38 am by Move DRFC »
Agree with original post

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 15, 2015, 10:30:44 am by idler »
In my eyes we have started with the wrong team selection or formation too many times at home this season.
We also don't work had enough without the ball compared to most other teams.
Just my opinion but it has been another disappointing watching our home games. I don't expect to win every home game but I do expect us to compete.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 15, 2015, 10:32:46 am by Donnyrovers »
Maybe so,,
But all this Dickov is inept nonsense it ridiculous when were as good as almost anyone over the last 10 games

We've not played good football all season and he's tactically shit you have been up his arse from day one.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 15, 2015, 10:51:08 am by Filo »
Maybe so,,

We've not played good football all season and he's tactically shit you have been up his arse from day one.

People are allowed opposing opinions!

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 15, 2015, 11:33:14 am by Askern_reds »
I'm a Dickov fan realy but that's my take on the mater, I just would like to ask who would we replace him with,

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 15, 2015, 12:17:55 pm by dickos1 »
Maybe so,,

Just like I was up o driscolls arse and Saunders arse.. I'm just realistic...
People like you just go from one manager to the next saying get rid,
We were in the playoffs 24 hours ago, you need to manage your expectations better, there aren't many if any successful sides that change managers every season

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 15, 2015, 01:36:59 pm by les@donr »
I don't think it is useful to call for Dickov's head. Yes he got it wrong tactically, it won't be the last time he does that, seems to be his weakness. However, it is clear that the Board are backing him until the end of the season. It is time to back the team until the last kick of the ball this season. Then a debate should begin as to whether he has gained the right to manage Rovers next season, I'm sure the Board will be thinking along similar lines.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012