Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:21:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Was I the only one who thought Posh defender who should have been sent off?  (Read 2827 times)

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
During the first half, after JCH had gone down claiming a penalty, as he and their defender (No25) walked away from the area, the defender raised his hands and pushed JCH in the face.

Neither the ref or lino appeared to spot it but shortly after at the next break in play the ref went back and had a word with the defender - I'm guessing that the 4th official whispered something in his earpiece.

Had he have spotted that, the only decision he could have made would have been to send the defender off.

It would have been a different game then.

Despite that and but for Alnwick, we could have scored 2 or 3 goals in the first half.

Second half we never threatened,

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Didn't see what happened but saw them coming together. It was their other center back who should have been sent off for clattering Tyson with his elbow

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
The Ref had a "fault" in his game. The better ones watch what happens AFTER the ball has been played / the tackle made etc and that's why he missed the first incident

Also he missed for those who have forgotten it the block by one of their players on Bywater when he tried to play it quickly following a corner. It too was a Yellow Card offence and lots of the crowd saw it but the Ref was already looking upfield for the ball which dropped at Bywaters feet

LincsRover

• VSC Member
I thought that the Peterborough team were a bunch of cynical b*st*rds the whole game. They fell over if a rovers player went within 2 feet of them, they were dirty on and off the ball and wasted time once in front. And the ref let them get away with it, in fact, rewarded them as he hadn't a clue what he was watching - he fell for every trick in the book!

But there is plenty of experience in the rovers team and they should have dealt with it better and we were second to every ball, except for the odd spell of pressure. We didn't deserve much from the game if I'm honest, we were bloody awful, but the ref and the cynical play from our opposition made it look even worse.

We need to do better Tuesday or Swindon will do exactly the same to us - more effort, more thinking and, yes, if necessary, more bloody cynical - we need a win!

:boxing:

roversdude

• VSC Member
 I cant blame the ref for our performance, end of the day they were better than us
Was however baffled at a few of the decisions - why did he give them a throw in front of West Stand when it was clear their player kicked it out (not sure if he gave a foul throw !!!!!)

Filo

• VSC Member
I cant blame the ref for our performance, end of the day they were better than us
Was however baffled at a few of the decisions - why did he give them a throw in front of West Stand when it was clear their player kicked it out (not sure if he gave a foul throw !!!!!)

We got a free kick after one of their players dived and the ball went out, the player got booked but we should have had a throw in instead of a free kick

Donnywolf

• VSC Member

If they start giving foul throws we will be in trouble .. there is barely a good un ever taken these days

I think my take on the incident you are on about was we picked the ball up for the Throw in BUT took it 20 yards from where it had gone out.

We did not sneak more and more forward as teams seem to do but instead went backwards by about 20 yards. This gave us a perceived advantage in that there were no opponents in the vicinity

So the Ref (picky git) awarded them the throw from the original spot (that's what I think anyway)

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
We had a stone wall penalty in the first half, still can't believe it wasn't give. 

roversontheup

• VSC Member
I couldn't believe the East stand Lino didn't signal for the off the ball incident on JCH. Had he spoken to the ref the Boro player would have been sent off.  As most of the East stand saw it and shouted out in unison I couldn't believe the Lino ignored it. Gutless!!

rimmington

• Forum Member
Couldn't believe it Lino was only about 5 yds away. He was looking straight at it

roversdude

• VSC Member
Wouldn't have thought taking a throw in further back was an advantage but hey ho

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
It's up to the ref to get the officials together and work as a team - he failed. In the second half it was a little better with the West Stand lino, but otherwise they seemed a disjointed bunch, and the East Stand lino was hopeless. At least one of those three significant incidents - pen, push in face, elbow use - should have been punished. Seemed the ref tried to make up for it in the second half. I gave him 2/5, bit too generous on reflection.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Wouldn't have thought taking a throw in further back was an advantage but hey ho

I said that Saturday as well but was told we got an advantage cos there were none of the P'boro players anywhere near the throw so our receiving Player was not under pressure

idler

• VSC Member
I thouhgt that some years ago the laws were changed to say that a throw in must be taken within a yard of where it crossed the line.
If only. Very few players now even attempt to take a throw in correctly, even at the top level.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Always makes me laugh when Ref sends a creeping player back and back ... then they run up and go yards past where they were stood

Also when its a free kick for say offside the Lino stays in line with where the kick should be taken. The defender then comes along and often goes further forward than he should. The Linos next move should be to get them to take it back in line with him but more often than not he just moves forward to be in line with the Kicker

I totally agree with you about the actual Throw Ins. Not a real one seen these days - feet behind the line and ball behind the head - no chance

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
The Ref had a "fault" in his game. The better ones watch what happens AFTER the ball has been played / the tackle made etc and that's why he missed the first incident

Also he missed for those who have forgotten it the block by one of their players on Bywater when he tried to play it quickly following a corner. It too was a Yellow Card offence and lots of the crowd saw it but the Ref was already looking upfield for the ball which dropped at Bywaters feet

A very good synopsis and I was sat with a mate who does have his badges - he agreed with you and did spot the incident that the OP is referring to. His interpretation of the advantage rule was strange at times too !
Game gone, abject result and yet another poor /fair ref.......I fear our card is well and truly marked.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012