Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:42:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ryan Murrant  (Read 7200 times)

bobbymax

• VSC Member
Ryan Murrant
« on April 11, 2015, 12:08:33 pm by bobbymax »
Why does this guy tweet pictures of empty seats before every game? We know what an empty stadium looks like - can't he think of anything more interesting?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Ryan Murrant
« Reply #1 on April 11, 2015, 01:12:05 pm by steve@dcfd »
He believes they will be full next season when unreserved, does he not realise 6 wins and 18 goals at home is not good enough and that's why they are empty.

allezallezallez

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 12, 2015, 06:12:49 am by allezallezallez »
What does he actually do?  Apart from tweet rubbish.

Only one way to full the stadium.....win football games.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 12, 2015, 08:39:04 am by coventryrover »
I disagree.  I like his commentary on the official DRFC twitter account.  Is insightful and some humour in there; something that you need being a Rovers fan.

A few on here are having a slight dig at the SS issue but I think it's an excellent initiative.  Those criticising it are the first to moan about the atmosphere, which is truly awful.   At least DRFC are trying to do something about it; what positive contribution are these people making?

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 12, 2015, 08:53:12 am by Al4475 »
The south stand unreserved area is a great idea in my opionion and will really come to life if we manage to string some half-decent performances at home! Fair play to all those involved, right from the very inception of the idea, for trying to make this work!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 12, 2015, 09:27:44 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
He believes they will be full next season when unreserved, does he not realise 6 wins and 18 goals at home is not good enough and that's why they are empty.

I can assure you Steve, he is acutely aware how results and performances affect attendaces, as did Shaun before him.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 12, 2015, 09:31:12 am by bpoolrover »
Murrant out,how he ever took pics of empty seat beggers belief,I'm not renewing next season, just away games for me now till he goes

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 12, 2015, 09:41:35 am by RTID75 »
He's a good bloke, up for a bit of a laugh and he's doing a good job.

Some people will whine for the sake of whining!

Rovers out! Close the club!

:lol:

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 12, 2015, 10:21:26 am by steve@dcfd »
Murrant out,how he ever took pics of empty seat beggers belief,I'm not renewing next season, just away games for me now till he goes

You don't have to take it that far it's only a picture, don't let cutting remarks get under your skin. 😂😂

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 12, 2015, 10:34:02 am by wesisback »
To quote Tony Hayers of the BBC 'We need to evolve, not revolve' and that's what the club have done for far too many years in terms of fan engagement.
From my interaction with Ryan he has used the line 'I can affect most things in the ground but not the Green square in the middle of it' and as Communications Manager he's right. There's been an awful lot happened off the pitch while the football side has struggled massively. If we're still up on sales from last year he's done a bloody brilliant job because it isn't the football enticing people in.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 12, 2015, 10:36:03 am by Donnybax »
I like him. I think his humour on Twitter is very good and the commentary is too. Just compare it to other clubs to see that

BoomBoom

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 12, 2015, 10:36:55 am by BoomBoom »
That picture he tweets of a large Q outside the ticket office is about as funny as a loved one being diagnosed with cancer.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 12, 2015, 10:48:50 am by RTID75 »
That picture he tweets of a large Q outside the ticket office is about as funny as a loved one being diagnosed with cancer.

Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer? I, and several others here have, and that was an exceptionally poor, and very offensive analogy.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 12, 2015, 10:54:29 am by bobjimwilly »
To quote Tony Hayers of the BBC 'We need to evolve, not revolve' and that's what the club have done for far too many years in terms of fan engagement.

100% disagree. Ryan is doing a good job carrying on what was started before him by Shaun Lockwood, and Mark Bradley would agree with me on that.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 11:41:37 am by bobjimwilly »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 12, 2015, 11:01:08 am by silent majority »
From my interaction with Ryan he has used the line 'I can affect most things in the ground but not the Green square in the middle of it' and as Communications Manager he's right.

Yep, straight out of the Mark Bradley book on fan engagement.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 12, 2015, 12:29:26 pm by wesisback »

100% disagree. Ryan is doing a good job carrying on what was started before him by Shaun Lockwood, and Mark Bradley would agree with me on that.
Oh your here!
To balance your opinion, I went to the West Stand singing section over a year ago where numerous good ideas were put forward to Shaun Lockwood. Not one of them was attempted or fed back to any of the relevant parties despite the email address  of every person who attended being taken.
Having been involved in the fan panel I see the progress happening now and when ideas are put forward I get open and honest feedback.
You can only judge on what you get put in front of you. Yourself and Mark Bradley must have seen a different side to Shaun than me but he didn't inspire half the confidence in the club I have now.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 12, 2015, 12:39:52 pm by dickos1 »

Not much he himself can do about that though is there

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 12, 2015, 12:52:00 pm by NickDRFC »

"MICHAEL, STOP GETTING BOND (Partridge) wrong!"

Tony Hayers actually said "we need evolution, not revolution". What did he know anyway, he wouldn't commission Inner City Sumo or Youth Hostelling with Chris Eubank.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 12, 2015, 12:57:00 pm by wesisback »
 :lol: :lol:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 12, 2015, 01:05:36 pm by The Red Baron »
I don't know why people are having a go at the Comms Manager when it is clear that the problems are on the field.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 12, 2015, 02:16:44 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I thought he had a big hand in marketing?  Outside of twitter and facebook what marketing?

Why no e-mails 2-3 times a week to all fans?
Why no publicity around town?

It's all still very, very poor.

I live in Leeds and the local rugby team have advertising all over the place, why don't you see that in Doncaster?

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 12, 2015, 02:42:22 pm by Canadian Rover »
I've noticed lately that rovers have started to use infusionsoft for some marketing..this is a very good but very complex bit of marketing software if used correctly it could well work for the rovers.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 12, 2015, 02:45:29 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I don't know why people are having a go at the Comms Manager when it is clear that the problems are on the field.

They are two separate issues, both need addressing, always.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 12, 2015, 02:47:20 pm by bobjimwilly »
To balance your opinion, I went to the West Stand singing section over a year ago where numerous good ideas were put forward to Shaun Lockwood. Not one of them was attempted or fed back to any of the relevant parties despite the email address  of every person who attended being taken.

And not one South stand season ticket holder was contacted prior to announcing it was going to be unreserved next season, of which there are many more than in the North end of the west stand. Swings and roundabouts.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 12, 2015, 02:50:40 pm by wesisback »
An issue the club held their hands up for, apologised and attempted to rectify.
Communication isn't 100% there but it's a darn site better than what it was.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 12, 2015, 02:51:13 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
...I live in Leeds and the local rugby team have advertising all over the place, why don't you see that in Doncaster?
Totally with you here. Advertising in the real world matters. It gives presence in the community which social media can never do to nearly the same level. It puts the club literally in the town, makes it part of peoples psychi meaning they are more likely to go to a game come that decision making process everyone goes through. I mentioned some ideas around this in the Attendances thread.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 12, 2015, 02:54:41 pm by RedArmy »
As previously stated. Only way that fills a stadium on a consistent basis is wins.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 12, 2015, 03:00:05 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
As previously stated. Only way that fills a stadium on a consistent basis is wins.
That is of course the main thing, but definitely not the only thing that gets fans through the gate. Efficient ticketing and promotion are important. Any company trying to maximise sales utilises all angles. Rovers do good in some ways but can do better.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 12, 2015, 04:20:40 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Glad we all agree. What's past is past, we can only deal with the here and now and hope we don't repeat the mistakes.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012