Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 04:49:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: GET BEHIND THE TEAM  (Read 2786 times)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
GET BEHIND THE TEAM
« on April 15, 2015, 12:57:09 pm by Upton Rover »
I moved to the Doncaster area 25 years ago, and a few years later I become a DRFC fan, after been a BORO fan since been a kid, I’m a season ticket holder and I have loved every minute of it, and still do. We have achieved so much in the past 10 years we still are more successful than many other clubs in the football league, in that period.
What I can not understand is all the NEGATIVE shite that is posted on this forum, We started the season with a patched up squad, and all you moaners thought it we would get relegated, now that we are to finish a few points short of the play off’s, is BLOODY good. All you want to do is bring the club down, weather winning, drawing or losing. It never is good enough. Granted some performances have been shite, and we have players who are now past their best. But we as a club have STIBILITY, and we are still in a better position that most of us would expect. I think we need to get behind our LOVELY club, and who ever the manager and board are, back them. STOP your moans and lets have some positive comments on this site. We must be the worst supporters in the world for slagging or club off.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

raggytash

• Forum Member
Re: GET BEHIND THE TEAM
« Reply #1 on April 15, 2015, 01:06:48 pm by raggytash »
Would you get pulled up at work?? I certainly would and most of the posters would, there on 10x times more than us, it's a good job they have just a shame some can't cut it,

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 15, 2015, 01:30:31 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I totally disagree with the OP.

I think you can be fully behind the team and want them to win but also have a belief that we should have a different management team.  That's where I am at, I love it when Rovers win, but I don't see the progress under this manager.

Doesn't mean I'm any less behind the team.  Only JCH this season has been totally slated by me because he is such a lazy and average player.  There's a few I don't rate but they get praise and support because they do their best - he doesn't.

I don't even criticise Dickov for his attitude, nothing wrong with it at all.  The problem is just what he does with the team and the way we play, that's all.

thorneydave

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 15, 2015, 01:43:43 pm by thorneydave »
How can you expect anybody to back the manager when you dont think he should be in the position/his ethos/not getting results/not learning from mistakes,etc. That goes not just for football. Supporting the club is different to backing the manager/board. I'm not saying I do or I don't, its the principle of it that needs refering to.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 15, 2015, 02:46:39 pm by bpoolrover »
As the op says thou most thought we would be fighting relegation so pd has done wonders to them people

thorneydave

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 15, 2015, 02:57:47 pm by thorneydave »
Most people weren't thinking we'd be fighting relegation, most thinking play-offs at least I think. Most people who mentioned relegation were just saying that cos they were pissed off with all the pre-season shennanigans and didnt really mean it.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 15, 2015, 03:06:45 pm by Upton Rover »
Would you get pulled up at work?? I certainly would and most of the posters would, there on 10x times more than us, it's a good job they have just a shame some can't cut it,
Yes I would get pulled up at work, I have said that we have some rubbish players, however the point is that we back our club through THICK & THIN  !!!! GOOD TIMES & BAD TIMES !!!!! I think all in all our season as been what we should have expected. Lets look forward to next season. I do belive we will win our remaining 4 games and finish just 2 points off the play offs in 7th

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 15, 2015, 03:08:29 pm by Upton Rover »
Most people weren't thinking we'd be fighting relegation, most thinking play-offs at least I think. Most people who mentioned relegation were just saying that cos they were pissed off with all the pre-season shennanigans and didnt really mean it.
As a early poll on this site at the start of the season, most were saying relegation, Go take a look at it.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 15, 2015, 03:08:44 pm by bpoolrover »
Very few on here on the Fb forum said play offs dave the majority were mid table

thorneydave

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 15, 2015, 03:28:21 pm by thorneydave »
If thats true and I've no reason to doubt you, then I am shocked so I'll shut up then. Haha.  I'll stick by my other post further up though.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 15, 2015, 03:50:11 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I moved to the Doncaster area 25 years ago, and a few years later I become a DRFC fan, after been a BORO fan since been a kid, I’m a season ticket holder and I have loved every minute of it, and still do. We have achieved so much in the past 10 years we still are more successful than many other clubs in the football league, in that period.
What I can not understand is all the NEGATIVE shite that is posted on this forum, We started the season with a patched up squad, and all you moaners thought it we would get relegated, now that we are to finish a few points short of the play off’s, is BLOODY good. All you want to do is bring the club down, weather winning, drawing or losing. It never is good enough. Granted some performances have been shite, and we have players who are now past their best. But we as a club have STIBILITY, and we are still in a better position that most of us would expect. I think we need to get behind our LOVELY club, and who ever the manager and board are, back them. STOP your moans and lets have some positive comments on this site. We must be the worst supporters in the world for slagging or club off.

All Donny fans appreciate the teams achievements in the past 10 years. The 'negativity' comes from those amongst us who more than anything want us to continue the success, but are of the opinion that it won't under the present administration.

'We started the season with a patched up squad, and indeed all you moaners thought we would get relegated'.

The moaners, myself included, were concerned that the club would be relegated again with that patched up squad at the beginning of the season, and it doesn't take an expert to declare that we would have been had the club not strengthened the team. When the club did bring in better players it seemed that the board had done a U turn, following their proposal that the emphasis was to be on youth. If it wasn't a U turn then it was very badly explained and did them no favours by initially declaring that signing players on short deals was a thing of the past.

One question I've asked and never had an answer is If the emphasis on youth was the way forward as described at the start of the season, and was not in fact just a money saving policy, why wasn't it introduced the season before, when we were promoted to the Championship?

Surely, we would have attracted a better quality of youth players being a Championship club?

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 03:52:19 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 16, 2015, 02:54:38 am by Sammy Chung was King »
For me as a supporter you have the right to ask the hard questions like 'Is the manager good enough'?, if you follow the party line and just agree with the majority what's the point, then you are a mere lemming.
We as supporters have put up with years and years of hurt, and these last ten years we have been in a 'Golden era' and none of us want it to end, we have been spoilt with what a club of our side has achieved.
The biggest problem is expectation has crept along and ruined what we used to have enjoyment of the game, now we expect results rather than hoping for them.

You see it at other clubs a manager overachieves, then the next season he can't maintain it and suddenly the fans want him gone.
When we were in the championship the first time, after the novelty wore off, i noticed that the atmosphere wasn't the same, the fans were not the same, all of a sudden playing these bigger teams was our 'Birthright'.
Then when we lost our place we got the attitude that many other clubs have of thinking it was beneath us to play for example 'The likes of Crewe', when our club is very similar in size to them.

It was extraordinary when we first got promoted to the championship and even more unbelievable when we regained our place for a season, the problem is the man in charge didn't get us promoted, he was 'The Captain' in charge of a ship that got relegated.
There was no shame in getting relegated, just in the way it happened, naive decisions from the board, manager and players cost us staying up, when we were in a fantastic position to achieve it.
He had a full season to do well for us last season, it wasn't all bad he did very well for periods in the season, then he got what a lot of managers get injuries to key players.

The board were slow in getting the players in, it was allowed to meander for far too long, but around christmas he was backed with sufficient quality to keep us up, he couldn't get the best from them, and bad tactical decisions sealed our fate.
This season poor pre season, but plenty of time, players coming in, time to mould his team, he has failed unfortunately to get the best from a play-off standard squad.
Paul has talent but not the talent to get us promoted he has near on two seasons to prove he can get the best from players, he hasn't, to prove he is tactically sound, he hasn't, basically to get the best from a very capable side, he has failed.

Because we have come from way down, it's not expecting too much for him to have got us in the play-off's, if we do eventually drop further down, then let it be with a fight, not just wandering along with no ambition.
The majority of our lot are realistic if we see a manager doing well, trying his best then only just failing then we could accept that, but the boss has made a catalogue of errors over nearly two seasons, nothing personal it's just time for a change.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 16, 2015, 11:29:26 am by wing commander »
   I think  the Wendys fan on Saturdays praise and grumble summed it up perfectly at the moment when he said  "Going to Hillsborough is like going to see a sick old relative,in truth you don't really want to go but you feel a sense of duty"....Just swap Hillsborough for Keepmoat...lol

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 16, 2015, 02:19:27 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Very few on here on the Fb forum said play offs dave the majority were mid table

Viking Chat views shown here http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=252046.0

thorneydave

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 16, 2015, 02:23:51 pm by thorneydave »
Yep, that's proof. Maybe I was being a tad optimistic, very few of us about you know!!

Pinter777

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 16, 2015, 02:41:47 pm by Pinter777 »
Unfortunately football will always be the same....many fans love their team when their winning and hate them when there losing....unless you have actually worked within this environment you have no idea what you are talking about...too many critics today who love the sound of their own voice and opinions.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 16, 2015, 03:54:15 pm by The Red Baron »
The Wendies are yet another team who seem to perform better on the road than in their own back yard.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 17, 2015, 01:07:55 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Unfortunately football will always be the same....many fans love their team when their winning and hate them when there losing....unless you have actually worked within this environment you have no idea what you are talking about...too many critics today who love the sound of their own voice and opinions.

I love my team no matter what and i am sure most on here are the same, we blow off a bit of steam have a moan then move on, i don't have anything against the manager, i hope if as it seems he starts next season as manager he proves myself and others wrong.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012