Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 12:20:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Dickov and Dean Saunders.  (Read 7076 times)

newyankee

• VSC Member
Paul Dickov and Dean Saunders.
« on April 27, 2015, 07:08:01 pm by newyankee »

I have just seen on the Free Press website that it has taken Paul Dickov 2 years to realise that we need a team of players similar to that put together by Dean Saunders.  I therefore put it up for debate, would we not be better getting rid of Dickov and bringing Saunders back?

I ask this on the basis that if he admires Saunders team more than the one he has put together it means we have wasted two years on Mr Dickov.

It will be interesting to see peoples replies, please go to the  DFP website to check the story.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Paul Dickov and Dean Saunders.
« Reply #1 on April 27, 2015, 07:11:20 pm by mushRTID »
Dickov is just saying the next thing on his list. When that goes wrong next year it will be something else required.

This man has basically told us after every bad performance he knows what's gone wrong and never been able to do anything about it.

I feel sick at the thought of watching another season under him.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 27, 2015, 07:11:55 pm by bedale rover »
Personally i wouldn't have either

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 27, 2015, 07:16:08 pm by Cramby10 »
How utterly depressing. He was the one that ripped up the team that got us promoted in the first place!!!
He's spent ages telling us he's planning for the future etc. But after two years he's gonna rip up what he's supposedly done and start again. How the chuffing hell is he allowed to do this?? To hear he's spent so long with the board reaffirms my worst fears that these non football men are buying the bullshit he's feeding them. He should be salesman!

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 27, 2015, 07:22:51 pm by grayx »
Personally i wouldn't have either

Same.
What's Warnock doing these days??

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 27, 2015, 07:26:36 pm by Dare to dream! »
How long till he realises taking off a midfielder for a striker doesn't win games?

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 27, 2015, 07:31:31 pm by grayx »
How long till he realises taking off a midfielder for a striker doesn't win games?

You shouldn't question the 'genius's tactics.
He's qualified you know.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 27, 2015, 08:14:44 pm by dickos1 »
How utterly depressing. He was the one that ripped up the team that got us promoted in the first place!!!
He's spent ages telling us he's planning for the future etc. But after two years he's gonna rip up what he's supposedly done and start again. How the chuffing hell is he allowed to do this?? To hear he's spent so long with the board reaffirms my worst fears that these non football men are buying the bullshit he's feeding them. He should be salesman!

How did he rip up the side that got us promoted?
We started the championship with an almost identical side

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 27, 2015, 08:41:57 pm by drfchound »
Another boring Dickov out thread.
How many more of these are there to be posted this summer.
Good grief.
Change the tune please.
See the sky sports league table for club records over the last fifty years (Sky Sports Ultimate League) and see that our current position of 57th is 18 places above our 50 average.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 27, 2015, 08:56:52 pm by Retdon1 »
Is dickos1 Paul dickov, you just about the only person that constantly supports him, enough is enough from this clown it's time he went

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 27, 2015, 09:00:32 pm by drfchound »
Not true Retdon, there are plenty who dont want him sacked.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 27, 2015, 09:46:22 pm by newyankee »
Not another Dickov out Hound, I was only asking what people thought about getting Saunders back if Dickov is so taken with his style.  Where have I stated that Dickov should go, I put it up for debate.  It seems as I thought that people are divided on the subject.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 27, 2015, 09:51:53 pm by dickos1 »
I'm not supporting him, I'm just stating a fact, he didn't dismantle the side that got promoted

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 27, 2015, 10:08:01 pm by timdrfc »
I would have Dean Saunders back in a flash & I don't take all this rubbish about him that a few people spout. It seems if you say it often enough then it becomes true.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 27, 2015, 10:50:11 pm by Askern_reds »
bla bla f**king bla same old, this is geting more boreing than the ched evens thread

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 28, 2015, 12:34:03 am by Sammy Chung was King »
''It's a Reality check for us''!, we have good ball players with very little heart for a battle in the side, get that right and not many will beat us.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 28, 2015, 04:55:33 pm by glosterred »
Will, I suspect, never be seen as the two best managers DRFC have ever had.

COYR

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 29, 2015, 01:36:39 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Saunders i didn't particularly like him from what i saw, he was too full of himself, he built a very strong league one side, it was his side that got us promoted.
But that team as it started the championship wasn't good enough to stay in that league, the board got caught on the hop a bit, brought players in too late, even after that the squad got in a great position.

But a bit of complacency crept in for me looking at interviews players made etc, plus some teams were just too good for us, tactical mistakes in some, and just pure bad luck added together to relegation.
It was no shame to be relegated, it was just frustrating after being in such a good position, i think Paul will still be in charge come the start of the season, so as Rovers manager i will want him to do well for us.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 29, 2015, 02:00:11 pm by graingrover »
Saunders did a remarkable job cobbling together a new squad in one summer . .

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 29, 2015, 02:14:26 pm by grayx »
Saunders did a remarkable job cobbling together a new squad in one summer . .

And he didn't have Dickovs wonderful book of contacts.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 29, 2015, 02:24:01 pm by drfchound »
Please keep Saunders away from the Rovers.
He is looking likely to secure his third relegation in rapid succession this weekend.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 29, 2015, 09:44:22 pm by BobG »
He cobbled that side together in less than a pre season. As usual, we had a totally screwed up off season. Whatever you think of the footy - it was nasty, boring and unpleasant - but no one can deny it did do the job. That's quite an achievement given the constraints he had.

BobG

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 29, 2015, 11:30:53 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Please keep Saunders away from the Rovers.
He is looking likely to secure his third relegation in rapid succession this weekend.

And he didn't start the season with any of them. That's just an unfortunate  record. Took over all 3 in terrible form or in the bottom 3.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 29, 2015, 11:39:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Need to remember that Saunders also had very good fortune with injuries. We didn't have a huge squad in 12/13, and very few if the key players got major injuries. Dickov has been very unfortunate on that front. It's an interesting counter factual discussion to think what might have happened if we'd not lost Coppinger and Keegan for the run-in. And last season was just mad in terms of injuries. Given even a moderately bad run of injuries, we'd have stayed up by 6-10 points. As it was, we looked like clearing station at Ypres.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 29, 2015, 11:55:01 pm by andysly »
Was Saunders fortunate, or were his training methods, and conditioning coach better than we've had before or since ?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 29, 2015, 11:59:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well Dickov can't be blamed for the majority of the injuries last year.

Khumalo
Tamas
Jones
Husband
Forrester
Wabara
Wellens
All those off the top of my head were impact injuries. You can't condition to prevent a broken foot or an alchy getting chinned on Silver Street.

Similar with Coppinger this season. I remember wondering as I left Chesterfield's ground if that t**t who did Coppinger had just decided the play-off slots.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 30, 2015, 12:11:51 am by andysly »
I wasn't blaming PD or So'D come to that, but asking if DS did just get lucky ?
It does seem a lot of our injury woes come from the training ground or are strains suffered in a game.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 30, 2015, 01:43:00 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Need to remember that Saunders also had very good fortune with injuries. We didn't have a huge squad in 12/13, and very few if the key players got major injuries. Dickov has been very unfortunate on that front. It's an interesting counter factual discussion to think what might have happened if we'd not lost Coppinger and Keegan for the run-in. And last season was just mad in terms of injuries. Given even a moderately bad run of injuries, we'd have stayed up by 6-10 points. As it was, we looked like clearing station at Ypres.

The type of player Saunders brought in helped that as well, much bigger physically at the moment we have talented players who are a bit lightweight similar to Sean's teams.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 30, 2015, 07:31:56 am by drfchound »
DonnyO - my comment about Saunders and his relegation sequence is right though whether he inherited the teams or not.
Conversely, someone posted on here  few days ago that SoD had not had a relegation on his CV but he sure as heck started one the season he was fired from us.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 30, 2015, 08:20:53 am by The Red Baron »

Didn't Saunders' fitness coach have a lot to do with the lack of injuries?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012