Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:43:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Furman to Blackburn  (Read 6578 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Furman to Blackburn
« on July 04, 2015, 09:55:50 pm by graingrover »
Deano to Blackburn on trial.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Furman to Blackburn
« Reply #1 on July 04, 2015, 11:30:32 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
From the way they're fans pull Browny down i wouldn't have thought another of our lads joining them will go down well.
Are we becoming Blackburn's feeder club, if yes it should work both ways, Rhodes coming the other way wouldn't go amiss.
Furman will just be a squad player there, unless they get injuries, can't blame him for trying to play for a big club at that level.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 04, 2015, 11:39:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Aye. Good luck Deano lad.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 05, 2015, 12:37:57 am by eastender »
Spurr, Brown , Furman  are we  Blackburn's feeder club.  :P

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 05, 2015, 02:30:27 am by roversdude »
Did we get windy Miller from them ?

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 05, 2015, 02:38:24 am by eastender »

Windy miller came from Notts Forest.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 05, 2015, 07:30:56 am by idler »
He went to them from us and played in a good Blackburn side that never seemed to be quite good enough to get promotion to the top division.
Bradford City have just signed a winger from Blackburn and the story is that Blackburn are desperate to slash their wage bill to comply with FFP.
Maybe Deano is a cheap option so that they can sell someone else.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 05, 2015, 07:57:48 am by 1879Rovers »
Does anyone know if we have anyone on trial?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 05, 2015, 09:05:20 am by GazLaz »
f**king trial. I'd refuse one if I was an international player that had played 100s of league games. "Go and watch some videos" would be my response.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 05, 2015, 09:46:16 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Gaz

I suspect that if you were trying to get a contract a whole division higher than your ability warranted, you'd jump at the chance of a trial and you'd hope that you had a good day when the trial came around.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 05, 2015, 10:22:10 am by GazLaz »
If I was a footballer I'd want to go to a club that wanted me. Not one my agent had begged for a trial because in all honesty it's a level above my ability.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 05, 2015, 10:35:11 am by mushRTID »
Good tidy league 1 player just not outstanding in any department.

Expect he'll be out on loan playing against us at some point next season.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 05, 2015, 11:09:35 am by IDM »
What's the big fuss?  Players come, players go.  Some we don't want to leave, some we can't wait to get rid of.

I liked Furman, but he has gone.  I am more interested in our players and who we will sign.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 05, 2015, 11:27:25 am by BillyStubbsTears »
If I was a footballer I'd want to go to a club that wanted me. Not one my agent had begged for a trial because in all honesty it's a level above my ability.

If you were a journeyman footballer who had pottered around the lower leagues for a decade or so and never made remotely big bucks and who could see the Grim Reaper of Football Careers staring at him from the middle distance, I reckon you pride wouldn't keep you from a trial at Ewood Park.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 05, 2015, 11:28:56 am by roversdude »
He went to them from us and played in a good Blackburn side that never seemed to be quite good enough to get promotion to the top division.
Bradford City have just signed a winger from Blackburn and the story is that Blackburn are desperate to slash their wage bill to comply with FFP.
Thanks idler knew there was a connection there but passage of time has mixed things up

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 05, 2015, 11:30:12 am by roversdude »
Reminds me of wendies wanting to give Cantana a trial

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 05, 2015, 11:33:21 am by eastender »
Thanks idler knew there was a connection there but passage of time has mixed things up

Windy went to Swindon from us , then to Blackburn.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 05, 2015, 11:40:16 am by The Red Baron »
From what Dickov has said, Furman could have had a new contract with us if he'd indicated he wanted to stay. I assumed he had better offers lined up. It seems surprising that the best he can manage is a trial at Blackburn.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 05, 2015, 12:05:23 pm by BigH »
From the way they're fans pull Browny down i wouldn't have thought another of our lads joining them will go down well.
Are we becoming Blackburn's feeder club, if yes it should work both ways, Rhodes coming the other way wouldn't go amiss.
Furman will just be a squad player there, unless they get injuries, can't blame him for trying to play for a big club at that level.

Most Blackburn fans I know are alright about Browny. They see him for what he is, recognise his qualities and appreciate him for not being 'Big Time'. Rhodes on the other hand is seen as a diva on an unbelievable wage and who, although he has a great goalscoring record, can go awol in some games, particularly important ones. I happen to think that Furman would do alright at Blackburn and that a manager like Bowyer would probably get the best out of him.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 05, 2015, 01:22:17 pm by Drover »

Well I reckon you'd be in the minority,and about 80-90% of Pro footballers would go to a any club for a trial,if it's means more money if successful,Especially if your a free-agent.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 05, 2015, 01:33:14 pm by The Red Baron »

I'd imagine we probably do. Full backs, central midfielders and possibly a striker.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 05, 2015, 07:40:09 pm by steve@dcfd »

A part from Marosi PD as not signed any player he as had on trial.

I'd imagine we probably do. Full backs, central midfielders and possibly a striker.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 06, 2015, 12:39:35 am by Colemans Left Hook »
to the outside world it looks like Blackburn are lets say "unambitious" we all know jordan rhodes is avilable Gstede has been sold & have noticed they have released quite a few players   - fact is they have a very good but unfashionable manager

basicly they want "freebies"  could say their "chickens have come home to roost"   :chair:  (think about it)

got a feeling his next trial might be at Bolton, a club in alleged" desperate financial trouble" (they even "gave" matt mills away - amongst others )

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 06, 2015, 02:52:41 am by RobTheRover »

I wonder how many "A.N.Other" names will be on the team sheet v Frickley on Wednesday?  Better take my camera with the long zoom lens.....  ;)

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 11, 2015, 05:51:32 pm by StocktonRover »
Scored today in a 2-0 win over Accrington

TinyPortal © 2005-2012