Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 06:41:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Meet the Owners - Thursday 3rd September  (Read 22063 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Meet the Owners - Thursday 3rd September
« Reply #1 on August 10, 2015, 09:20:12 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
5 league games and 2 cup games in. Should have some food for thought by then!

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 10, 2015, 09:29:15 pm by dknward2 »
Food will there be more than 2 people serving otherwise the queue would be huge

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 10, 2015, 11:38:01 pm by nortikorner »
even complain when the food is free  they just carnt win

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 10, 2015, 11:54:31 pm by Filo »
Another one I can't make due to a family meal to celebrate the Mother and Father in laws 60th Wedding anniversary

In the meantime I'd better be careful what I say on here, certain folk will be taking notes and. Screenshots to use as leading questions ;)

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 11, 2015, 08:21:55 am by Yorkiered »
 Waste of an evening. Go and listen to all the platitudes. Nothing will change.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 11, 2015, 08:49:08 am by idler »
Why not go and tell them how you feel and what you think ought to be done to rectify it.
I'd certainly go if I didn't live forty odd miles away.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 11, 2015, 09:58:56 am by Yorkiered »
Why not go and tell them how you feel and what you think ought to be done to rectify it.

Been there done that.
No point in eating the food that Centrepoint put out if they can't fulfil their promises is there?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 11, 2015, 10:10:05 am by Dagenham Rover »
The samples centrpoint put out on these evenings is normally quite decent,

It just doesn't make it to the concourses with the same quality

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 11, 2015, 10:29:41 am by Copps is Magic »
The thing is, people always bleat on before hand about they're going to ask this and that and when we get to the actual night the only questions asked are about the price of the pies! Of course you're only going to get platitudes back. I want someone to ask an imaginative question.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 11, 2015, 12:48:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There are some people who stick their hand up and ask good questions. Sometimes very probing questions.

I would have thought the progress of Club Doncaster will be up there.

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 11, 2015, 02:09:39 pm by bradford exile »

Me to Dave

Regards

Ray

djoftherovers1

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 11, 2015, 02:20:02 pm by djoftherovers1 »
I enjoy these nights quite a good evening, although last year's was ruined by 2 knobs at back who thought the seats should have been facing them as they just talked all the way through it.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 11, 2015, 04:00:40 pm by wing commander »
   There really is no point talking about centreplate..neither the club or they are interested..As for saying if you don't complain at these things nothing changes..Sometimes you have to accept your flogging a dead horse..i,ve e-mailed both Gavin and centreplate on this issue many times saying the same old things and if I do get a response (rare) then its just the standard "we are working closely with them to improve the situation" Yet two years down the line things are as bad as they ever were if not worse...They have had all close season to work together to come up with a plan to improve and Saturday just showed the effort both partys have put into it.....As in Zip...I would rather eat the dead horse I mentioned earlier than give them a penny of my money...If they cant be arsed then neither can I...

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 11, 2015, 06:00:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's very frustrating wing. I don't think the club are deliberately ignoring you. They have bags of emails coming in about the same subject.

Progress seems to be made with Centreplate but then they seem to have the habit of dropping standards again very quickly.

I'm reasonably confident things will come to a head sooner or later. Thing is, when managing such things with a 'partner' business, you can't be washing dirty linen in public, so it's difficult for Gavin to say what he probably really thinks.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 11, 2015, 06:42:05 pm by Yorkiered »
Agree 100% with WC

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 11, 2015, 08:21:39 pm by graingrover »
Could someone ask a question on my behalf please  ? ' What is the financial  relationship between Rovers and  Belles ? '

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 11, 2015, 11:31:49 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Two years of the same standards, shows that the club are ignoring the fans, the food company know they have they're contract and there's nothing the club can do, this is my opinion i know nothing of what's going on, but that's how i see it.

How long is the contract with them for, am i right in saying it is ten years?, the football is the main issue for me, but how i see it this company are losing our club business that the income from, could make the difference in doing better.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 12, 2015, 12:07:10 am by Askern_reds »
Two years of the same standards, shows that the club are ignoring the fans, the food company know they have they're contract and there's nothing the club can do, this is my opinion i know nothing of what's going on, but that's how i see it.

How long is the contract with them for, am i right in saying it is ten years?, the football is the main issue for me, but how i see it this company are losing our club business that the income from, could make the difference in doing better.
as I see it there are four stands let four different companies run 1, see who comes up tops then decide who gets the tender? But the club should insist on farer priceing to fans, now every ones moaning about the curent tenders and the club are doing nothing as someone recieved a bung?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 12, 2015, 09:20:19 am by wing commander »
   My guess is that there isn't a long list of people who want to do it..And Rovers ended up signing a contract that leaves there hands tied behind there back with little that they can do...I actually hope thats the case because if the club do have it in there power to do something about it and haven't.Then either someones not doing there job properly or the club don't care about anything other than the east stand... If they are tied and powerless then they need to come out and say so because right know the club are coming across as incompetent and it makes you wonder if "In Rovers we trust" is nothing more than marketingl.It wont upset centreplate..they have made it more than clear they don't give a single toss...

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 12, 2015, 10:09:29 am by Glyn_Wigley »
   My guess is that there isn't a long list of people who want to do it..And Rovers ended up signing a contract that leaves there hands tied behind there back with little that they can do...I actually hope thats the case because if the club do have it in there power to do something about it and haven't.Then either someones not doing there job properly or the club don't care about anything other than the east stand... If they are tied and powerless then they need to come out and say so because right know the club are coming across as incompetent and it makes you wonder if "In Rovers we trust" is nothing more than marketingl.It wont upset centreplate..they have made it more than clear they don't give a single toss...

It depends what the contract actually states the supplier has to supply and whether DRFC can (or has the inclination) to put the screws on the supplier if they're not fulfilling their part of the contract...

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 12, 2015, 01:13:08 pm by Muttley »

It depends what the contract actually states the supplier has to supply and whether DRFC can (or has the inclination) to put the screws on the supplier if they're not fulfilling their part of the contract...

If the contract has been drafted by anyone competent, it will include a Service Level Agreement and obligations on Centreplate eg outlets to be open for set hours, number of staff serving, length of queue etc - failure to maintain these standards would then be reason for DRFC to terminate the contract or even claim damages.

I reckon wingco is right though - there's probably no-one willing to step into Centreplate's shoes so both parties will reluctantly see the contract out to its conclusion.

It's a nice idea to get local companies to run the snack bars, but if I was MD of Toppings etc I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole due to the amount of negative feedback it can generate on here and elsewhere, which could damage the company in its core market.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 12, 2015, 02:13:19 pm by Yorkiered »

If the contract has been drafted by anyone competent, it will include a Service Level Agreement and obligations on Centreplate eg outlets to be open for set hours, number of staff serving, length of queue etc - failure to maintain these standards would then be reason for DRFC to terminate the contract or even claim damages.

I reckon wingco is right though - there's probably no-one willing to step into Centreplate's shoes so both parties will reluctantly see the contract out to its conclusion.

It's a nice idea to get local companies to run the snack bars, but if I was MD of Toppings etc I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole due to the amount of negative feedback it can generate on here and elsewhere, which could damage the company in its core market.

But surely if you ran them properly there would be no negative feedback!
There is only negative feedback because the service is crap, the bars open when they feel like it and there is never enough staff. When there is it might also be better if they were supervised by someone with at least half a brain.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 03, 2015, 11:22:11 am by The Red Baron »
Tonight. So is anybody going?

Should be lots of questions, particularly about the squad and the future direction of the club.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 03, 2015, 11:48:34 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm not going and I'm reasonably happy with the direction the club is going. At least it'll free up a space for someone who is less so.

I'm confident the board are monitoring PD's progress and will do the right thing at the right time if they have to.

I also believe if a manager is set a series of targets within a budget, he should work within those parameters without knocking on the owners door every 5 mins. Ultimately, he is accountable for results, not the board.

If I was going tonight and got my chance to ask a question it would be.."Some people are judging the success of Club Doncaster on the results of the Dons. Can you tell us what is the measure of success and how is it progressing?"

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 03, 2015, 12:22:06 pm by Filo »
I'm not going, 60th wedding anniversary bash to attend

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 03, 2015, 12:46:26 pm by Al4475 »
I'll try and get that one across for you baz, altho I'm sure the merits and progress of club doncaster will be on the agenda!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 03, 2015, 01:24:10 pm by glosterred »

Didn't think you were that old

COYR

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on September 03, 2015, 01:26:23 pm by Filo »

Didn't think you were that old

COYR

The in laws, cost me a fortune in Diamonds ;)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 03, 2015, 02:04:48 pm by steve@dcfd »

I also believe if a manager is set a series of targets within a budget, he should work within those parameters without knocking on the owners door every 5 mins. Ultimately, he is accountable for results, not the board.

But have the board set a target for where the club are expected to finish in the league this season.
Given the manager the resources to achieve that target postion.
They are the decision makers they cannot wipe their hands if we do not achieve that postion.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012