Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 05:44:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: club run by numptys  (Read 20302 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Re: club run by numptys
« Reply #90 on August 25, 2015, 02:51:35 pm by bobjimwilly »
irrespective what anybody says on here

That's a great way to start a statement - love it!  :woohoo:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

johniemuirslegs

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on August 25, 2015, 03:50:25 pm by johniemuirslegs »
We haven't lost a hell of a lot of fans, not ones that have come for years anyhow.
All we've lost are the glory fans from the successful 6/7 years we had
i know "glory fans" of forty odd years who wont go till he,s gone..another "fact " plucked out of thin air dickos

GallagherLad

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on August 25, 2015, 04:04:34 pm by GallagherLad »
I'd say 'VSC thinking' is generally linked with long term stability and well thought out strategies.  There is a lot of respect for the owners from as far as I can see.  This is the most important thing for the club, bar nothing else

Lot's of people wear their hearts on their sleeves in Doncaster, which shows regularly with lots on here, as well as people are not afraid to put their opinions forward.  If people are not happy they do stay away. 

We are the opposite of Newcastle fans. Very opinionated, but we hurt the team we love by staying away, cos thy knows best.  Never understood these types of people

Most people with strong negative opinions never actually ever put their money where their mouth is

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on August 25, 2015, 04:06:36 pm by Al4475 »
GL - welcome back on the forum matey - I've missed you! LOL

Man you need to post as often as your time and commitments allow! You back up this way soon? 

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on August 25, 2015, 04:26:55 pm by the vicar »
What exactly does conform to a VSC way of thinking mean Acko?

I've been a member for years - I joined because I believed in the principals that were the backbone of it's formation! I still do, and the backbone is still pretty much as it was in the very early days!

These principals aims and objectives can still be found located in the 'About the VSC' section at the top of the page!

Very little has changed apart from the perception of a few fans.

So again, what exactly does conform to a VSC way of thinking mean Acko?
When it does not agree with the members

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on August 25, 2015, 05:07:46 pm by Al4475 »
Fair comment Vicar but I've mentioned VSC members who don't have the same view as me!

The only conformity to a VSC way of thinking is if you agree with this:

The Aims and Objectives of the Viking Supporters Co-operative are:
To enable a democratically elected director representing the views of the supporters to be appointed to the board of Doncaster Rovers Football Club
To acquire shares and/or voting rights in DRFC to enable the views of supporters to influence the decision making of DRFC directors
To have a sustained dialogue with all those concerned with DRFC, the Official Supporters Club and Community Foundation
To seek the views and opinions of the supporters of Doncaster Rovers
To seek the views and opinions of the local community and promote the support of Doncaster Rovers
To represent a significant number of Doncaster Rovers supporters, and to publicise and promote the views of those supporters
To raise money to benefit the local community, local charities and DRFC supporters
To continue operating an independent forum to raise the opinions and concerns of all Doncaster Rovers supporters

And that's about it as far as I can see - and it hasn't changed very much at all since it's inception. Indeed we've had communication from some of the initial board members recently to congratulate the trust on keeping their initial aims at the top of the agenda over the last two to three difficult years!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on August 25, 2015, 05:10:14 pm by dickos1 »
We haven't lost a hell of a lot of fans, not ones that have come for years anyhow.
All we've lost are the glory fans from the successful 6/7 years we had
i know "glory fans" of forty odd years who wont go till he,s gone..another "fact " plucked out of thin air dickos

"Until he's gone" is just an excuse
If this is true then I'm expecting about 10,000 fans on the first game of the new manager..
Not a chance,

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on August 25, 2015, 05:30:37 pm by PDX_Rover »
I can see why supporters are disillusioned. Many of our older supporters remember football as it was pre-Premier League. It was still pretty much a working class game. The game was harder. It felt more honest. It was escapism for a few hours a week. Foreign players were the exception rather than the norm at the top.

Compare that to now. Fundamentally I think football is now just one of many things you can do with your time. For the casual fan, it's expensive.

Back in the 80s and prior, football was one of the few exciting things to do for many. At least that's how I remember it...

Doncaster Rovers fans are a tough sell. Always have been. As supporters we have our opinions. We used to discuss them in the pub or at games, on the way to games, on the way back. We now do it 24/7. Never have we as fans had so much access to the club. And everything gets aired on here.

One big divider of support has been the JR/KM2 saga. Let's be right. I think everyone agrees that John Ryan was instrumental, along with a hardcore group of supporters, of keeping the club alive. Bottom line. Whether it was 50p or £50,000, it doesn't matter. The KM2 came in invited by JR. Provided a solid platform to push on to where we pushed on to. Then there was some sort of disagreement. JR resigns at Barnsley. Two botched takeover attempts. Everyone is frustrated. What's going on? Pop stars, crowdfunding, Club Doncaster?

John Ryan was openly enthusiastic. He was great in that respect. And we had success. We now have owners who seem to make the decisions quietly, don't court publicity. It's like chalk and cheese.

Rovers have never been much to shout about, at least for my generation, so we've been spoiled the last 12 years by and large. It's hard to sustain that though. Look at the variables... The right manager, the right coaches, the right players, the right tactics, the right fitness levels, the right combination of players, the right mentality... 

Did you choose to support Rovers? It's in the blood. Too easy to support a larger team. But, people do know Rovers now.

Personally, I don't think Paul Dickov is the right manager for this football club. He's likeable but the dots are not connecting. That's clear now.
I have faith in the current owners to continue to stabilise the club after a weird few seasons on and off the pitch, starting with the experiment...

We have brought in some quality players IMO. We've been crying out for a 20 goal striker. We signed one. Tyson too is good. Stuckmann, possibly will be the best keeper I will see in a Rovers shirt.

I have faith that they will appoint the next manager well and after serious consideration.

It's a work in progress.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on August 25, 2015, 05:39:40 pm by silent majority »
irrespective what anybody says on here if its against the way the club is run the vsc always seem to know differently and as been said before they say they represent the supporters but in truth they represent there own ego trip,on an earlier post SM gave the impression he knows what  LT bank accounts worth.i have said things as I see it,i receive the abuse and arguments but never afraid to stand my corner,if ive upset people im sorry but I do know there is a lot of people think the same way.yes I don't go to rovers games anymore and ive made my reasons known but it doesn't stop me careing about the club ive supported for over 60years,so if this is to be my last post so be it  I wish you all good luck and good fortune.    you can now close my account and my postings rob

Oh dear, let me correct you yet again acko. Your gift of reading something completely different to what was actually said is extraordinary! Just like an internet troll!! I never mentioned his bank account, nor if he could afford to buy into DRFC, I quite simply made the statement that he wasn't putting up any money during the failed takeover, that simple!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on August 25, 2015, 05:42:11 pm by dickos1 »
I can see why supporters are disillusioned. Many of our older supporters remember football as it was pre-Premier League. It was still pretty much a working class game. The game was harder. It felt more honest. It was escapism for a few hours a week. Foreign players were the exception rather than the norm at the top.

Compare that to now. Fundamentally I think football is now just one of many things you can do with your time. For the casual fan, it's expensive.

Back in the 80s and prior, football was one of the few exciting things to do for many. At least that's how I remember it...

Doncaster Rovers fans are a tough sell. Always have been. As supporters we have our opinions. We used to discuss them in the pub or at games, on the way to games, on the way back. We now do it 24/7. Never have we as fans had so much access to the club. And everything gets aired on here.

One big divider of support has been the JR/KM2 saga. Let's be right. I think everyone agrees that John Ryan was instrumental, along with a hardcore group of supporters, of keeping the club alive. Bottom line. Whether it was 50p or £50,000, it doesn't matter. The KM2 came in invited by JR. Provided a solid platform to push on to where we pushed on to. Then there was some sort of disagreement. JR resigns at Barnsley. Two botched takeover attempts. Everyone is frustrated. What's going on? Pop stars, crowdfunding, Club Doncaster?

John Ryan was openly enthusiastic. He was great in that respect. And we had success. We now have owners who seem to make the decisions quietly, don't court publicity. It's like chalk and cheese.

Rovers have never been much to shout about, at least for my generation, so we've been spoiled the last 12 years by and large. It's hard to sustain that though. Look at the variables... The right manager, the right coaches, the right players, the right tactics, the right fitness levels, the right combination of players, the right mentality... 

Did you choose to support Rovers? It's in the blood. Too easy to support a larger team. But, people do know Rovers now.

Personally, I don't think Paul Dickov is the right manager for this football club. He's likeable but the dots are not connecting. That's clear now.
I have faith in the current owners to continue to stabilise the club after a weird few seasons on and off the pitch, starting with the experiment...

We have brought in some quality players IMO. We've been crying out for a 20 goal striker. We signed one. Tyson too is good. Stuckmann, possibly will be the best keeper I will see in a Rovers shirt.

I have faith that they will appoint the next manager well and after serious consideration.

It's a work in progress.

I agree with this but why do people keep saying they're not coming back until dickov is gone. I'm sure the new manager isn't going to change world football

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on August 25, 2015, 06:13:28 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
If being a vsc member means you should not criticise decisions those running our club make then I'm screwed. They should've sacked the manager months ago.  I somehow doubt I'll lose my membership for being vocal about that...

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on August 25, 2015, 06:19:33 pm by Al4475 »
Ditto andy, absolutely!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on August 25, 2015, 06:36:39 pm by PDX_Rover »
People do what they feel they want to.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on August 25, 2015, 07:02:47 pm by roversdude »
VSC don't make me go to games it a matter of choice
Don't think (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that anyone has got banned from forum for not agreeing with VSC views

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on August 25, 2015, 10:50:37 pm by Al4475 »
Nope not to my knowledge! People have been banned/warned/watched etc for general bad forum behaviour - not as many as people would have you believe tho!

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on August 26, 2015, 11:26:40 am by mjg »
We always get the injury prone players nobody else wants

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on August 26, 2015, 11:37:24 am by dickos1 »
Well I know for a fact chaplow chose us over Blackpool and Coventry

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on August 26, 2015, 04:34:40 pm by wing commander »
    Back to the topic about staying away,i think its pretty relevant..I didn't go last night either,I simply didnt have the enthusiasm for it..Tuesdays are always a struggle,home from work,sort out the kids then race to the ground without so much as a chance to draw breath and just make kick off but I've still done it for many years....Last night it just didn't seem worth the effort,i still wouldn't have bothered if it was free...Of course i'll be there Saturday for the league match but the question has to be raised when S/T holders of many years cant be bothered then the so called floater attendee's certainly wont either....I can accept losing,crikey I've seen enough but you have to be entertained to make it worth the effort..That should be the boards biggest concern right now..!! We simply arn't

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on August 26, 2015, 06:27:23 pm by IDM »
    I can accept losing,crikey I've seen enough but you have to be entertained to make it worth the effort..

Precisely.  I want my moneys worth when I go.  I got it vs Leeds, but not vs Southend.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on August 26, 2015, 07:48:52 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Couldn't have put it better myself wc.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012