Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 06:19:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers finances  (Read 25359 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers finances
« Reply #30 on August 27, 2015, 10:17:58 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think you're looking too deep chaps. The money in the shape of loans, shares are lodged and will stay in the accounts.

Whether you call it a gentlemans agreement, none of the three will call in their loans, as they know it would destabalise the club and none of them want that in their hands.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 27, 2015, 10:44:52 pm by silent majority »
Sorry Baz, you're being incredibly naieve.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 27, 2015, 10:46:34 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

exactly see this thread from jan 25 2013 which i have to "hand"

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=237150.0;nowap

the owners have put "clean" money into the club as opposed to others that put "premiership dirty money" in as a kind of "life insurance policy "

« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:50:04 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 27, 2015, 10:49:38 pm by silent majority »

exactly see this thread from jan 25 2013 which i have to "hand"

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=237150.0;nowap

Im not sure how that relates to the points I've made.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 27, 2015, 10:54:12 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
it's an answer to
"Whether you call it a gentlemans agreement, none of the three will call in their loans, as they know it would destabalise the club and none of them want that in their hands. "

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 27, 2015, 11:47:40 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I quite like being naive at times. Before you know it, there's a sinister plot being speculated on and that can't do any good at all.

By now, people should know that TB, DW and DB are not stupid BUT that doesn't mean they're in it for themselves....Acko!

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 28, 2015, 12:01:33 am by Canadian Rover »
Different season...same old shit on this forum.

Can we get back onto football again? The black bank or something a bit more positive.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 28, 2015, 12:42:40 am by bpoolrover »
Bob lots of chairman have backed there manager only 2 sack them a week later, granted not a day

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 28, 2015, 05:45:42 am by GazLaz »
The wage bill rose 3% when we got promoted? No wonder we got relegated. It was a good budget for L1 admittedly.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 28, 2015, 06:28:24 am by coventryrover »
I for one am thankful for the current owners, 

They have stabilised us as a club and provided us with excellent facilities.

God knows where we'd be without them because I don't see other investors liningup.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 28, 2015, 06:43:29 am by dickos1 »
Rotherhams wage bill last year has just been recorded at 4.8million and they stayed up.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 28, 2015, 06:59:36 am by The Red Baron »
Rotherhams wage bill last year has just been recorded at 4.8million and they stayed up.

They had a lot of momentum from the previous two seasons though, something we lost in 2013 by changing the manager and the takeover b*llocks. I think they'll drop like a stone this season. It does show that budgets aren't everything and, much as I dislike Evans, a canny manager can make a difference.

dickos1

• VSC Member

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 28, 2015, 07:30:35 am by Yorkiered »

God knows where we'd be without them because I don't see other investors liningup.

Didn't the work of a previous director get us the stadium we have?
As for the facilities, they are getting worse each season.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 28, 2015, 07:38:23 am by dickos1 »
If they walked away tomorrow, a new right back would be the least of our problems

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on August 28, 2015, 08:19:15 am by IDM »

Didn't the work of a previous director get us the stadium we have?
As for the facilities, they are getting worse each season.

What facilities are getting worse?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 28, 2015, 08:35:54 am by The Red Baron »
If they walked away tomorrow, a new right back would be the least of our problems

I'm with you there, dickos. People should also be aware that if they did walk away, there wouldn't be a queue of people waiting to take the club over.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on August 28, 2015, 08:54:42 am by Bentley Bullet »

I'm with you there, dickos. People should also be aware that if they did walk away, there wouldn't be a queue of people waiting to take the club over.

True, but if someone did make an offer to take over the club, promising more cash for team building, there would be an attitude of 'thanks for everything Mr Bramall and Watson and co, now f*** off'............A bit like the way John Ryan was treated by some.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 28, 2015, 09:05:30 am by silent majority »

True, but if someone did make an offer to take over the club, promising more cash for team building, there would be an attitude of 'thanks for everything Mr Bramall and Watson and co, now f*** off'............A bit like the way John Ryan was treated by some.

I'm sure there's some supporters who would do that, as they did when Sequentia Capital came calling. But we learnt the truth about them.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 28, 2015, 09:22:06 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
In reality though all we want is fans is the best for the club isn't it? I don't care who the owner is whether that be john Ryan, Terry or Justin Bieber, really I don't care as long as the club has the best possible one.  I dream for the day a guy with billions comes to spend it don't we all?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on August 28, 2015, 09:26:03 am by silent majority »
Andy, if you want what's best for the club then you have to be concerned who the owner is. How can you just hope that its a guy who has billions? Mike Ashley for example? Or would you be happy with a hedge fund company? Or even a fictitious bunch of celebrities?

Now that was a good one, how to hoodwink the supporters in one easy fashion!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 28, 2015, 09:26:39 am by Bentley Bullet »
SM, I was referring to the treatment Ryan got from some of the fans when he initially left, before the Sequentia farce.

Seeing as you brought up the old Chestnut of Sequentia, wouldn't they be in charge of the club now had they produced the necessary requirements, or would our current owners have refused to sell to them anyway?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 28, 2015, 09:28:25 am by silent majority »
BB, you mean when he resigned at Barnsley or the time before that?

Its not really an old chestnut though. The takeover bids have derailed two seasons and they were responsible, as much as anybody was, for that. You ask a relevant question though, but the truth is they never had the finances to do anything.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:30:59 am by silent majority »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on August 28, 2015, 09:38:27 am by Bentley Bullet »
SM, you haven't answered my relevant question though. Had they had the finances to buy the club, would the board have sold out to them?

I was referring to Ryan's second resignation, the one the year after Bramall and Watson resigned, yes the Barnsley time.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 28, 2015, 09:58:46 am by bpoolrover »
While I agree sm about the previous seasons unrest, what is the excuse for having such a poor bench this season,yes we have had injuries but most we have known about for a while

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 28, 2015, 10:02:37 am by silent majority »
SM, you haven't answered my relevant question though. Had they had the finances to buy the club, would the board have sold out to them?

I was referring to Ryan's second resignation, the one the year after Bramall and Watson resigned, yes the Barnsley time.

BB, its a hypothetical question because they never had the money. In my chats with the club at the time TB always stressed that he wanted to do what was best for the club. So, if they had been a genuine contender then that's always a possibility but only TB and DW could answer that.

Are you also saying JR was treated badly when he resigned at Barnsley? You also suggest that this was before SC were involved, but it wasn't. They had been involved long before JR made his public resignation.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on August 28, 2015, 10:04:58 am by silent majority »
While I agree sm about the previous seasons unrest, what is the excuse for having such a poor bench this season,yes we have had injuries but most we have known about for a while

I'm not sure why that question is relevant to a discussion about Rovers finances in recent seasons.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 28, 2015, 10:10:56 am by dickos1 »
I'm not sure we've known about most for a while, all the players injured at the minute have played at least some of the first games or pre season.
Apart from n guessan

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 28, 2015, 10:17:25 am by Bentley Bullet »
Thanks for the info SM. I was of the understanding that Mr Bramall was ready to accept the Sequentia deal, and it was a cash up front problem that stopped the deal going through, and not his concern for the future of the club.

However I only get my information from the news media, so I have to concede and trust that your personal involvement is more accurate than my account of it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on August 28, 2015, 10:26:35 am by silent majority »
Thanks for the info SM. I was of the understanding that Mr Bramall was ready to accept the Sequentia deal, and it was a cash up front problem that stopped the deal going through, and not his concern for the future of the club.

However I only get my information from the news media, so I have to concede and trust that your personal involvement is more accurate than my account of it.

Certain parts of the media played a shockingly biased hand at the time and I'm sure they regret it, however that hasn't stopped them making the same mistakes.

A hypothetical question for you though BB. If you were selling a car to somebody and they agreed the asking price of, lets say £10k, but then they wanted to drive around in it for a month or two before they paid you, would you ask to see some money up front? And to complicate the deal further lets say they only wanted to give you £200 at that point, and then pay you £5k after year one and £4.8k after the second year what would you do?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012