Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:41:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Has Paul Dickov actually left?  (Read 6489 times)

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
Has Paul Dickov actually left?
« on September 19, 2015, 06:08:31 pm by Yorkiered »
Watching that game and tactics today nobody would have noticed...................same old rubbish, no change of formation with substitutes.............same old long ball.
Lets hope there is someone decent to come in as manager.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Prez

• VSC Member
Re: Has Paul Dickov actually left?
« Reply #1 on September 19, 2015, 06:15:21 pm by Prez »
Little harsh, we did play long ball, but with Dany on it was more effective. He won 80% of headers, and if we had someone like Tyson alongside him, as opposed to Main who was dreadful, we would have easy won.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 19, 2015, 06:17:53 pm by Donnybax »
2nd half we actually played with a bit of tempo.
But I think the players need a fresh face to inject a bit of confidence

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 19, 2015, 06:20:12 pm by Copps is Magic »
We look better when Copps and Wellens are interlinking in the middle and when Evina and Stewart are bombing on down the wings. I would play Copps in the middle in a five man midfield. Not sure about this Gobern lad tbh.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 19, 2015, 06:23:24 pm by grayx »
We look better when Copps and Wellens are interlinking in the middle and when Evina and Stewart are bombing on down the wings. I would play Copps in the middle in a five man midfield. No sure about this Gobern lad tbh.

Agree with that..

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 19, 2015, 06:29:49 pm by the vicar »
Watching that game and tactics today nobody would have noticed...................same old rubbish, no change of formation with substitutes.............same old long ball.
I know it is not good to swear but GET OF ROBS f**kING BACK  you are at him already he has only had 2 games

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 19, 2015, 06:32:17 pm by bpoolrover »
some if the players we have are just not good enough,the bench is not good enough not jones fault,but if he is happy with the squad we need someone in new fast

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 19, 2015, 06:44:52 pm by The Red Baron »
Realistically an interim manager is not going to be able to bring players in other than to deal with injuries. Jones will probably look to sign a defender next week with both right-backs out injured.

Sounds to me like major surgery is needed, so we have to hope whoever becomes manager will have scope for signings.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 19, 2015, 07:36:44 pm by DearneValleyRover »
To be fair Rob isn't a manager nothing major will change until we have one in place but we did play with more enthusiasm than I've seen for some time today

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 19, 2015, 07:40:27 pm by dickos1 »
Why isn't he a manager?
He has all his badges and I don't think you'll find a more passionate bloke

murham

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 19, 2015, 07:40:50 pm by murham »
Jones said when he took over he is keeping in contact with MrDickov

So no he hasn't left

Get rid of Jones Asap and get a proper manager

Preferably Cloughie

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 19, 2015, 07:42:49 pm by dickos1 »
He's never said he's staying in touch with dickov and even if he had it won't be to discuss how to manage this team.

Clough no thanks

bally1950

« Reply #12 on September 19, 2015, 07:57:22 pm by bally1950 »
Maybe Dickov influenced the way Oldham went about this game, right from the fourth minute

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 19, 2015, 08:01:55 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
There were small changes, small but they were noticeable. The full backs were more involved and I would say second half showed more tempo to our game and this was vital.

SET pieces looked different for the better and players moved with the ball more rather than just passing it as happened previously.

The changes were subtle but a good start.  We were very solid and created chances, other days we'd easily have won.

SOLid but unspectacular I would rate us today, as did Jones in fairness, small steps but a step nonetheless.

Is Jones the right man? I can't answer that and could he have done more? Not sure but some positives for sure.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 19, 2015, 08:21:06 pm by Yorkiered »
I know it is not good to swear but GET OF ROBS f***ING BACK  you are at him already he has only had 2 games

So I am wrong in what I posted am I?
Sorry for having an opinion.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 19, 2015, 08:21:20 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Having the right badges doesn't mean anything if you don't want to do the job, Jones has said he still wants to play unless he commits fully then no he isn't a manager and he won't feel as if he can impose his way of wanting to play when a new man will be coming in

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 19, 2015, 08:28:23 pm by dickos1 »
He does want the job' that is obvious

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 19, 2015, 08:49:37 pm by i_ateallthepies »
He said tonight in his interview on RS that it's what he wants.  Nothing unequivocal in what he said.

Yorkie, if you actually believe that nothing has changed with RJ in charge then you can't have been there.  They looked to play the ball out of defence every single time today whereas every home game this season it was BFG  just waving players away and lumping the big kick upfield.  Believe it or not, that is a fundamental change to the tactics.

It may not have been as fruitful as we would hope but that is down to the quality of the players on the pitch, it was crying out for Wellens' ability to control the midfield and in case you didn't notice the difference when Wellens was brought on was immediate.

Given what has gone in the last two weeks, if it was Jones' intention to let Wellens know that he isn't indispensable then I can understand his thinking and would agree with denying him a starting berth, but if that was his reasoning then it looks to have been a bad call because nobody in that midfield has the quality that Wellens (even with his lack of commitment, pace and legs that have gone) has got and it was plain to see as soon as he came on.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 19, 2015, 08:57:50 pm by Yorkiered »
He said tonight in his interview on RS that it's what he wants.  Nothing unequivocal in what he said.

Yorkie, if you actually believe that nothing has changed with RJ in charge then you can't have been there.  They looked to play the ball out of defence every single time today whereas every home game this season it was BFG  just waving players away and lumping the big kick upfield.  Believe it or not, that is a fundamental change to the tactics.

It may not have been as fruitful as we would hope but that is down to the quality of the players on the pitch, it was crying out for Wellens' ability to control the midfield and in case you didn't notice the difference when Wellens was brought on was immediate.

Given what has gone in the last two weeks, if it was Jones' intention to let Wellens know that he isn't indispensable then I can understand his thinking and would agree with denying him a starting berth, but if that was his reasoning then it looks to have been a bad call because nobody in that midfield has the quality that Wellens (even with his lack of commitment, pace and legs that have gone) has got and it was plain to see as soon as he came on.

I was there and if you think there was a lot of changes from the way we have been playing then you are either easily pleased or can't see the wood for the trees.
We are still lumping the ball forward to a useless clown who can neither control a football or get his head anywhere remotely close to it. If you are old enough to remember "clown shoes" then you will appreciate he was a world beater compared to the excuse for a striker who played the whole 90 minutes.
Yes things did change a bit when Wellens came on but lets face it. Could it have got any worse? At least then Keegan had someone to pass to.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 19, 2015, 09:06:25 pm by nortikorner »
Very poor first half  no midfield everything coming though Butler(hes a centre half), change after 61minutes  when Wellens came on then we played with a midfield

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 19, 2015, 09:10:09 pm by dickos1 »
All the long balls were played to n guessan And he won every header, his flicks created numerous chances.
Wellens changed the emphasis of the game

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 19, 2015, 09:10:47 pm by RedArmy »
Paul Green has found his first team chances limited this year.

I beg the club to do anything to get him back even on loan. Half the player he was he would transform our midfield.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 19, 2015, 09:14:09 pm by Copps is Magic »
Dickov left us in a right mess. Long term relegation form and equivalent quality. Not one manager out of the 100+ that have been mentioned would turn this team round in 2 games.

It wasn't pretty today but we should have scored probably 2 more from the chances we had. That's already an improvement IMO.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 19, 2015, 09:15:49 pm by dickos1 »
We've created chances in the last 3 games and we've scored 1 goal

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 19, 2015, 09:20:20 pm by Yorkiered »
Dickov left us in a right mess. Long term relegation form and equivalent quality. Not one manager out of the 100+ that have been mentioned would turn this team round in 2 games.

It wasn't pretty today but we should have scored probably 2 more from the chances we had. That's already an improvement IMO.

and how many times should we have scored 2 or more from the chances we had over the last 2 years?
Thats the problem. We are shite in front of goal.
Look at the stats from todays game. How many shots on target did we have? 1
We didn't exactly make the Oldham keeper work hard today did we?

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 19, 2015, 09:21:38 pm by Spud »
He made a great save from N'Guessan.
Got a goal kick for his efforts lol

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 19, 2015, 09:22:12 pm by Donny Viking »
I don't know if I went to a different game today. Thought very average 1st half, but 2nd half we created a number of chances and played some good footie, players running into the box - set pieces looked so much better. Main issue is lack of confidence. I didn't think their goal crossed the line (cops body was well behind the line but headed the ball as it crossed the line imo) but not see reply yet. We hit the bar and didn't put other chances away.

Today should have been a win, and 2nd half performance deserved it. It was way better than of recent games.

Still a shit result though.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 19, 2015, 09:29:40 pm by grayx »
Why isn't he a manager?
He has all his badges and I don't think you'll find a more passionate bloke

I think the point is he's not an experienced manager. Sometimes a change of manager has an immediate effect, unfortunately it hasn't happened yet for Jones. Nobody is questioning the blokes passion or enthusiasm. I think his chance of getting the job permanently probably went today. Won't get many better opportunities for a home win.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on September 19, 2015, 09:37:40 pm by Askern_reds »
might aswell av kept PD? total shite div 2 here we come

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 19, 2015, 09:41:19 pm by dickos1 »
2 games in. Give over

TinyPortal © 2005-2012