Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:33:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pre match Experience at the BVB  (Read 2713 times)

Big lad up front

• Forum Member
Pre match Experience at the BVB
« on September 20, 2015, 12:00:06 am by Big lad up front »
anyone complaining about today's game should have expierenced the entertainment in the BVB
Just the way to start the day
Now personally I like to go in there prior to the game,have a pint or 2,have a chat about the upcoming match,watch whatever games on the box. Please can someone tell me who's great idea was it to have an xfactor reject serenade us.
He was so bad you could have been excused as to thinking he'd been coached by Paul Dickov
Come on Rovers we don't want this even the doorman were complaint probably because they had to stay & suffer...at least we could leave

« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 12:04:33 am by Big lad up front »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Pre match Experience at the BVB
« Reply #1 on September 20, 2015, 12:18:46 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Agreed. I emailed Ryan Morant pleading for the torture to stop. It's mind blowingly awful. Nice try but not fitting prematch entertainment.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 20, 2015, 11:06:30 am by bobjimwilly »
Agree. Not needed in the BVB.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 20, 2015, 11:41:21 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It riles me to think of all the time and suggestions we put in, and they go and do that. Music outside maybe.

The outside seating area is a big plus. At least we could escape.   

The Dav

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 20, 2015, 12:34:24 pm by The Dav »
Who was the Xfactor reject?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 20, 2015, 12:47:52 pm by The Red Baron »
His name was Tony Nicholson.

Now I remember a Tony Nicholson who played cricket for Yorkshire. A large, powerfully-built seam bowler who died quite young. I remember him coming along to a presentation evening for the Donny and District Cricket League and having everyone rolling in the aisles with his tales from the cricket field. I think the punters in the BVB would have enjoyed him a lot more than they seem to have with yesterday's  "turn."

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 20, 2015, 01:01:25 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Well I liked him.....

It was the first time I'd ever managed to get a seat in the place! Besides, he played all the right chords, although not necessarily in the  right order.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 20, 2015, 09:01:32 pm by BobG »
That Tony Nic, TRB, was a damn fine left arm bowler. There's stiil quite a few players around who think he was an example of the MCC policy to overlook everyone from oop north that they could get away with.

BobG

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 20, 2015, 11:58:47 pm by RobTheRover »
His playing was fine, it was the nasal whine that accompanied it.  Imagine Elvis Costello singing Simon and Garfunkel and you are very close.

IF he was outside you can kind of see it working, might drive a few people INTO the BVB!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 21, 2015, 08:45:01 am by The Red Baron »
That Tony Nic, TRB, was a damn fine left arm bowler. There's stiil quite a few players around who think he was an example of the MCC policy to overlook everyone from oop north that they could get away with.

BobG

Bob- Tony Nicholson was a right arm seamer. You might be thinking of Rocker Robinson, who was a left armer of a similar build.

Nicholson was picked for a MCC tour to South Africa in 1964 but had to pull out due to injury. In fact, I think he had a lot of injuries during his career. He had health problems after he retired and died quite young.

But I dare say if Nicholson had played for Middlesex or Surrey he'd have won a few test caps. He was as good as say, John Price or Geoff Arnold, who won loads between them.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 08:52:45 am by The Red Baron »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 21, 2015, 09:02:51 am by Donnywolf »

BobG

Bob- Tony Nicholson was a right arm seamer. You might be thinking of Rocker Robinson, who was a left armer of a similar build.

Nicholson was picked for a MCC tour to South Africa in 1964 but had to pull out due to injury. In fact, I think he had a lot of injuries during his career. He had health problems after he retired and died quite young.

But I dare say if Nicholson had played for Middlesex or Surrey he'd have won a few test caps. He was as good as say, John Price or Geoff Arnold, who won loads between them.

They were both great (Yorkshire) Bowlers.

Tony Nic unfortunately got a Thrombosis in his leg and died to young for a Yorkshire legend

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 21, 2015, 09:56:55 am by NickDRFC »
At what point did the anti-Yorkshire bias get reversed? The ECB can't get enough of the white Rose these days!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 21, 2015, 10:12:37 am by idler »
When they realised where the talent was.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 21, 2015, 11:20:21 pm by BobG »
Well daman me John. Thank you. I would have sworn on a stack of Bibles that Tony Nicholson was a lefty. I even remember seeing him play - on several occasions. I am, very clearly, going mad.

Thanks for putting me right. I'm really gobsmacked by that one.

Bob

TinyPortal © 2005-2012