Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 03:18:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Taylor-Sinclair  (Read 4780 times)

stuey

• Forum Member
Taylor-Sinclair
« on September 26, 2015, 06:36:28 pm by stuey »
What the f##k was he trying to do for their second goal? Probably the worst bit of defending I've ever witnessed.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Taylor-Sinclair
« Reply #1 on September 26, 2015, 06:38:27 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Agree, it was stupid. Big mistake.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 26, 2015, 06:40:11 pm by wilts rover »
Haven't seen it yet but was it worse than Evina at Bristol?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 26, 2015, 06:41:06 pm by Dare to dream! »
Really not a good performance from him today.

Bessierover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 26, 2015, 06:50:29 pm by Bessierover »
We gave goals away too cheaply today....very very sloppy goals we gave away...lucky it wasn't 5 or 6...wasn't much between the teams for the first 30mins

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 26, 2015, 06:53:15 pm by Dare to dream! »
We gave goals away too cheaply today....very very sloppy goals we gave away...lucky it wasn't 5 or 6...wasn't much between the teams for the first 30mins

Thought we were better, had a few good chances and we were trying to play out from the back. Jones can only get better I would give him the job now and lets get on with the season.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 26, 2015, 06:59:01 pm by Rovers91 »
His positioning is disgusting.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 26, 2015, 07:06:42 pm by TheFunk »
I don't think he's had one good game for us as yet. Not as bad as Nic Priet though.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 26, 2015, 07:23:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Our full backs have played too narrow for years.

But. For the record, the first goal wasn't ATS's fault. He'd been pulled inside to make a covering tackle. The problem was that Stewart didn't track the overlapping full/back.

Second goal though ...  f**king hell.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 26, 2015, 08:26:25 pm by mushRTID »
Was it as bad as Lovren v West Ham a few weeks back?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 26, 2015, 08:36:34 pm by DearneValleyRover »
All 3'goals were gifted by poor defending rather than good play

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 27, 2015, 12:34:05 am by Sammy Chung was King »
They don't defend as a unit, just disjointed individuals unfortunately, a lot of work needs to be done.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 27, 2015, 10:11:19 am by RedJ »
Haven't seen it yet but was it worse than Evina at Bristol?

I genuinely don't think I'll ever see something quite so ridiculous again.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 27, 2015, 12:11:02 pm by steve@dcfd »
Our full backs have played too narrow for years.

But. For the record, the first goal wasn't ATS's fault. He'd been pulled inside to make a covering tackle. The problem was that Stewart didn't track the overlapping full/back.

Second goal though ...  f***ing hell.

This is the problem when you play 442. You need two fullbacks that can overlap and defend, therefore must have pace. You also need two wide midfield players who can attack but also can get back and defend.

We have wingers or wide midfield players who have no idea how to defend but also can't get to the bye line to put in crosses.

This as been the case for the last three years at least.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 28, 2015, 01:10:19 am by Sammy Chung was King »
That's why Dickov hardly played 4-4-2, because he was having to put an extra man in midfield to cover for the lack of energy in midfield.
Plus 4-4-2 though it's the easiest formation for any player to understand, it's also very easy to target the weak points, and we have quite a few.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 28, 2015, 12:21:35 pm by Alan Southstand »
This is the problem when you play 442. You need two fullbacks that can overlap and defend

Too many words in that sentence Steve - There should be a full stop after the word 'fullbacks'. We started the season with only 1 recognised right full back, albeit an inexperienced one, and then when he was not fir for selection, we went with the square peg in round hole option (and we're still intent on going down that avenue). The writing was on the wall at that early stage, for me.

I have repeatedly said from day 0 that we lacked pace throughout the side and, omg, is that not becoming clearer each week that passes. Yes, there are numerous faults elsewhere, but we simply have no outlet atm, leading to our defence's incessant use of hoofball when in trouble.

I suspect the interim manager will be relishing handing the reigns to someone much more experienced, if indeed we appoint such a person.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 28, 2015, 12:27:56 pm by dickos1 »
The lack of pace can't be blamed with Jones he's played Stewart in all 3 games he's played evina and he's signed a fast striker

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 28, 2015, 12:34:13 pm by Alan Southstand »
Stewart not good enough, Evina reserve LB and fast forward - a young inexperienced hopeful. Where is the pace at the back and where is it in midfield (I don't think Stewart is that quick). In Wellens and Keegan, we have 2 snails, at CB likewise, at FB er....... well we have 1. Copps no longer able to go by people like they were stood still and is nowhere near the player he was even last season. Shall I continue, or are you going to make endless meaningless posts on just about anything?

Give PD 10 games? You're having a laugh!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 28, 2015, 12:43:29 pm by dickos1 »
What the chuff you going on about,
You said we've no pace, he's playing Stewart and he's signed a fast striker irrespective of whether he's young.
God help the new manager with people like you on their back from day 1

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 28, 2015, 12:49:46 pm by swintonrover »
Copps was never about pace. If he had pace he'd have 50 England caps. The man has a level of skill like nothing I've ever seen.
Stewart, Anderson and Evina all have pace. Fair enough, we have no pace in the centre or at the back, but that's something that the new manager can work on (a pacy right back and centre back would be top of my shopping list).

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 28, 2015, 12:59:38 pm by steve@dcfd »
The lack of pace can't be blamed with Jones he's played Stewart in all 3 games he's played evina and he's signed a fast striker

Please read what I put. Stewart, Forrester have some pace to go forward but neither have the ability to defend to assist the fullback.
Evina cannot defend as a fullback, is not good enough to get forward and put in good crosses. He can help the fullback, maybe that's why ATS has looked exposed since he's not there.

On the right side we do not have a fullback and Copps is of an age that he cannot get up and down consistently.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 28, 2015, 01:18:52 pm by GazLaz »
Copps was never about pace. If he had pace he'd have 50 England caps. The man has a level of skill like nothing I've ever seen.
Stewart, Anderson and Evina all have pace. Fair enough, we have no pace in the centre or at the back, but that's something that the new manager can work on (a pacy right back and centre back would be top of my shopping list).

Absolute nonsense. Coppinger could have the pace of Big Linford and never come within a furlong of the England side. His end product is what has always let Coppinger down. Can't finish, can't cross and doesn't assist many. Not saying he hasn't been a quality player for us over the years though.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 28, 2015, 01:42:44 pm by dickos1 »

Please read what I put. Stewart, Forrester have some pace to go forward but neither have the ability to defend to assist the fullback.
Evina cannot defend as a fullback, is not good enough to get forward and put in good crosses. He can help the fullback, maybe that's why ATS has looked exposed since he's not there.

On the right side we do not have a fullback and Copps is of an age that he cannot get up and down consistently.

I was replying to Alan not you Steve

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 29, 2015, 12:18:09 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Coppinger has played too many minutes, he needs a game off to look at other options.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012