Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:11:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Glimpses  (Read 5860 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Glimpses
« on September 29, 2015, 10:07:15 pm by Copps is Magic »
There were a lot of negatives, I can't be bothered to go into them, someone will do it later.

But after they scored there were glimpses there we could play some good attacking football. Keshi Anderson take a bow son great performance. Dany N'Guessan also has a footballing brain - don't understand why he hasn't got more game time.

Although it was gutting to concede I can see see something to work on.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Glimpses
« Reply #1 on September 29, 2015, 10:10:14 pm by glosterred »
Unfortunately the glimpses of poor defending were again on show as well

COYR

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 29, 2015, 10:18:55 pm by Copps is Magic »
First half was a horror show to be honest from back to front. Again, keep saying it but we have no control in midfield. Disappointed with Copps' performance didn't find a man with his crosses all night. Not sure what Chaplow and Middleton offer in midfield.

I also don't know how they're being instructed to play but the long balls out of defence clearly arn't working.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 29, 2015, 10:29:14 pm by Filo »
First half was a horror show to be honest from back to front. Again, keep saying it but we have no control in midfield. Disappointed with Copps' performance didn't find a man with his crosses all night. Not sure what Chaplow and Middleton offer in midfield.

I also don't know how they're being instructed to play but the long balls out of defence clearly arn't working.

I begining to wonder how Chaplow ever manged to play in the Premier league

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 29, 2015, 10:36:07 pm by Cramby10 »
Keshi Anderson was class. First time I've seen him. Has the ability to ghost past a player with little effort. Really promising.
I'm stark contrast to a few of our other players tonight who had stinkers. Evina, awful defender. Middleton not quite up to it regrettably. A number if ageing players suffering now. And chaplow, a complete mystery to me. He's 29 now so should be at his peak. He's been quality in the past but seems to have lost his way. Don't know what his role in the team is. The ball seemed to bounce off him every which way tonight. A game for him to forget.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 29, 2015, 10:37:39 pm by dickos1 »
Chaplow doesn't look fit to me was blowing out is arse after 20 mins and then was Gipping

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 29, 2015, 11:10:20 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Agree Copps. Done the negatives to death. But for the phases in the game when we raised the energy level we looked good and we had something we could all get behind.

Anderson, N'Guessen and Horsefield were great in the second half.

N'Guessen looks that proper mester we've been missing. Strong and tidy footballer.

We've had a mixture of shite and very good tonight but it shows they can do it.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 30, 2015, 01:27:28 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We badly need a centre half with some pace, it will balance things up a bit.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 30, 2015, 06:48:41 am by DonnyNoel »
Bit surprised by the negativity in the other threads but to go with the topic of this one if agree - when we had a period on the front foot we looked likely to make things happen with multiple players showing up well. But for having a makeshift defence at the end we'd have won the game. Certainly a long way to go and I think Jones will be lucky to get the job now but I think this can be turned around.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 30, 2015, 08:46:25 am by grayx »
We badly need a centre half with some pace, it will balance things up a bit.
i think we need more than that. Our back FOUR could do with replacing, along with at least a couple of midfielders.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 30, 2015, 08:49:14 am by drfchound »
I am surprised that no one has mentioned how many bad touches and errors that Andy Butler made, and has been making for ages.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 30, 2015, 08:58:47 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I am surprised that no one has mentioned how many bad touches and errors that Andy Butler made, and has been making for ages.

Had a poor game last night.  I felt the defensive line was a bit too high.  Arguably we should drop deeper, less chance for the ball in behind Butler whose pace isn't the best, but also more space for us the other way.  More room in the midfield or if the opposition pushes up we can play the ball in behind much better given our strikers are all pretty quick.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 30, 2015, 09:18:57 am by IDM »

Some of Copps' crosses were over hit, but the (left footed) one he put on the spot for Williams should have been headed on target at least.  Then a couple in the second half were perfect for the far post, but we didn't have anyone attacking from outside the post.

I agree the first half was poor, but in the second half we turned up a gear or two, eventually.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 30, 2015, 09:22:58 am by dickos1 »
When you're camped in their half like we were in second half then you've got to have a high line, also when you're playing against a side that keep possession well like swindon do you again have to have a high line

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 30, 2015, 09:27:15 am by Filo »
When you're camped in their half like we were in second half then you've got to have a high line, also when you're playing against a side that keep possession well like swindon do you again have to have a high line

When you say camped in their half you do mean after the 70 minute mark don't you?

I didn't see much camping before that

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 30, 2015, 09:31:03 am by dickos1 »
I mean from their goal onwards

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 30, 2015, 10:00:56 am by DonnyNoel »

Had a poor game last night.  I felt the defensive line was a bit too high.  Arguably we should drop deeper, less chance for the ball in behind Butler whose pace isn't the best, but also more space for us the other way.  More room in the midfield or if the opposition pushes up we can play the ball in behind much better given our strikers are all pretty quick.

Butler looked to be drifting over to cover/support Horsfield a fair bit and I think ATS kept drifting to his full back positions. Can't help but think that contributed to the gap through the middle for their first. A complete nothing ball although I think BFG may have helped Ajose's decision making by rushing out.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 30, 2015, 10:03:55 am by DearneValleyRover »
The game changed after N'Guessen came on, I cannot understand why he didn't play Saturday or start last night we are a completely different side with him in it. He has to start Saturday, we have no choice with the back 4 and has for the midfield, who do you play instead of Chaplow? None of the others have been any better.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 30, 2015, 10:07:40 am by Dare to dream! »
The game changed after N'Guessen came on, I cannot understand why he didn't play Saturday or start last night we are a completely different side with him in it. He has to start Saturday, we have no choice with the back 4 and has for the midfield, who do you play instead of Chaplow? None of the others have been any better.

Probably because he isn't fit enough for a full 90mins. He's had no pre season bear that in mind.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 30, 2015, 10:09:05 am by dickos1 »
Exactly
If he can't last 90 then he's a much better option to come on when defenders are struggling

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 30, 2015, 10:09:58 am by DearneValleyRover »

Probably because he isn't fit enough for a full 90mins. He's had no pre season bear that in mind.

Surely it's better to start him and make an impact early than bring him on to chase a game? He could be subbed after an hour.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 30, 2015, 10:15:17 am by dickos1 »
On the contrary I think he's suited to coming on when the game is stretched and defenders are tired
They cantle handle him
He should've scored though

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 30, 2015, 12:15:28 pm by IDM »
He did OK for 83 minutes coming on vs Oldham?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 30, 2015, 12:17:57 pm by dickos1 »
He did yes, but we've no idea how he was after if he got a knock or said he was struggling with fitness

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 30, 2015, 01:56:13 pm by DearneValleyRover »
He did yes, but we've no idea how he was after if he got a knock or said he was struggling with fitness

True but for me he has to start Saturday.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 30, 2015, 02:02:02 pm by dickos1 »
And me

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 30, 2015, 02:03:05 pm by IDM »
and me..

The lad has earned it IMHO.  Not sure what Stewart has done to get dropped either.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 30, 2015, 07:29:29 pm by bobbymax »
Have to say I'm surprised at some of the negativity from last night.
We've gifted the opposition two goals and a point but started and ended with a makeshift back four.
Anyone who couldn't see the improvement last night, and against Oldham, from the crap under Dickov previously, must be blind.
Even Wellens was putting himself about and we were easily the best team second half after an even first period.
I was back in line with the pen - absolute stone-waller as the defender took Copps standing foot. We could and should have had a few and you couldn't have said that against Bury, Southend or Fleetwood.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012