Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:53:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Walsall  (Read 10006 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Walsall
« on October 10, 2015, 11:04:10 pm by Copps is Magic »
Storming the league at the moment. Good manager whose found the right formula - they always could play football they just needed grit when they aren't playing well and they've found it.. They'll stay up there IMO and Sheff U will finish second. Bury and Gillingham to contest play-off final if I had to make a prediction.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Walsall
« Reply #1 on October 10, 2015, 11:15:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And we would have beaten them but for a MoM performance by their keeper.

But Jones is shit, apparently.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 10, 2015, 11:21:08 pm by donny dave »
I always thought that ROK got the best out of the players.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 10, 2015, 11:23:26 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
There is so little between a league full of average teams, that little decisions right or wrong decide the game.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 11, 2015, 12:16:40 am by grayx »
And we would have beaten them but for a MoM performance by their keeper.

But Jones is shit, apparently.

id say we were worth a point. Jones isnt shit, jjst not ready yet.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 11, 2015, 04:09:12 am by Rovers91 »
Storming the league at the moment. Good manager whose found the right formula - they always could play football they just needed grit when they aren't playing well and they've found it.. They'll stay up there IMO and Sheff U will finish second. Bury and Gillingham to contest play-off final if I had to make a prediction.

Too early to make a prediction many teams make a good start and don't stay there it certainly won't be a Bury vs Gillingham final.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 11, 2015, 09:39:49 am by RedJ »

One word. Tranmere.

djoftherovers1

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 11, 2015, 10:12:45 am by djoftherovers1 »
we should have broke the bank to get a manager like dean smith and rok here.. rok was the man behind sods success. . very clever coach and proven again he's a top pri

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 11, 2015, 10:24:06 am by RedJ »
If Walsall wanted to hang onto them there'd be nothing we could do...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 11, 2015, 10:43:11 am by silent majority »
Dean Smith has repeatedly said he wont move from Walsall, doesn't matter about the money.

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 11, 2015, 11:24:19 am by Wade Falana »
Last year the majority of their fans wanted him out despite getting to Wembley in the JPT. This is from their forum only this April.

http://www.upthesaddlers.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46787

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 11, 2015, 11:29:30 am by Jonathan »
Last year the majority of their fans wanted him out despite getting to Wembley in the JPT. This is from their forum only this April.

http://www.upthesaddlers.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46787

Haha I love this!

That thread, and a glance at the current league table, tells you all you need to know about the modern game.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 11, 2015, 11:39:02 am by Chris Black come back »
You know what? As you get older your expectations get more realistic (or lower). Twenty years ago I wanted a manager who could get us into the Premier League. Ten years ago I wanted a manager who would get us into the Championship. Now I just want a manager I can get behind and deep down, want to support. Feel like that has been missing for a long time.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 11, 2015, 12:55:48 pm by dickos1 »
I spoke to a couple of their fans when we played them the other week and they were still saying they wanted him gone

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 11, 2015, 01:01:41 pm by The Red Baron »
I spoke to a couple of their fans when we played them the other week and they were still saying they wanted him gone

A real case of "be careful what you wish for!"

Mind you, I think at almost any club you have people who want a change of manager - even when the team is playing well and winning games.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 11, 2015, 01:27:30 pm by graingrover »
If Jones is chosen I will aleady buy my season ticket for next season . It would be the proof that the club's declared 'way ahead ' is honest and true.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 11, 2015, 01:44:40 pm by The Red Baron »
If Jones is chosen I will aleady buy my season ticket for next season . It would be the proof that the club's declared 'way ahead ' is honest and true.

How would you feel if the board thought Jones wasn't quite ready and appointed someone experienced with a decent track record?

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 11, 2015, 01:47:13 pm by Alickismyhero »
Wade,

I think that post is very relevant to all clubs, its so accurate!

It clearly shows the inability of some supporters to remain positive when a club goes through a bad spell, and all clubs do., or even when it goes through a good spell.

All clubs have supporters, thousands in fact, who know better than the manager and could put things right instantly if given the opportunity

Although PD was not a manager I had a great liking for I would  not have sacked him so early in the season.

As a supporter, you pay your money and you have the right to moan as much as you like.

If only some of our negative moaners could see themselves in relation to this thread, but there again, it would spoil all the fun if they changed their ways.

“Sack the manager”, “get rid of the board”, “lets go back to Belle View ”

it makes the world go around.

Great post Wade!

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 11, 2015, 01:55:07 pm by mrfrostsdad »
I wouldn't have sacked Dickov so early this season either. I'd have sacked him when we got relegated from the Championship

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 11, 2015, 02:08:18 pm by Jonathan »

I admire that support and commitment, Brian. The thing is, we probably all have our preferred candidates for one reason or another. But, whoever the Board decide to appoint this week it's important that we rally behind them and support them rather than spending the next weeks and months arguing about what we think should have happened and using it as a stick to beat people with.

There needs to be a sense of perspective. We're not going to appoint some mythical God that will spend the coming years building a 100% win ratio. We'll be appointing a human being, just a person that wants to use their skills and experiences to help to steer the players in the right direction. We'll have a manager, but we'll still be relying on 11 players to do the business against an 11 that want to beat them before we can judge if this manager is good or not.

I don't get to many games any more, but I'll be doing my best to get there Saturday and get behind the club, the players and the next permanent manager - whoever that may be. The appointee will probably have a better chance if there's a universal sense that the supporters want to be able to judge him as a success rather than be able to prove he's not up to scratch and someone else would've been better.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 02:16:00 pm by Jonathan »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 11, 2015, 02:12:09 pm by RedJ »
If it's Jones you can absolutely guarantee there will be people that will want him to fail to get him out of the job as soon as possible.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 11, 2015, 02:13:31 pm by Alickismyhero »
I wouldn't have sacked Dickov so early this season either. I'd have sacked him when we got relegated from the Championship

and that's exactly what Wade's post is all about!!!! I love it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 11, 2015, 08:51:11 pm by drfchound »
There is so little between a league full of average teams, that little decisions right or wrong decide the game.

Sammy, i have been repeatedly told that decisions by officials dont affect the outcome of matches.
I still think that they do and it is bo llocks to say otherwise.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 12, 2015, 03:50:02 pm by andysly »
Walsall will fade, the league is Coventry's.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 13, 2015, 12:09:25 am by Sammy Chung was King »

Sammy, i have been repeatedly told that decisions by officials dont affect the outcome of matches.

I mean decisions by the manager, subs made at the wrong time, wrong formation, players shooting when a team mate is square on with a tap in.
Managers need good luck like anybody else, but you won't be lucky for a full season you will get your share good and bad like all the other teams.
Hound, Referee's do effect the outcome of games when they are really tight, sometimes in your favour sometimes against, how i see it you can't legislate for what a referee decides, they make mistakes but also get decisions right that most of us wouldn't see.

It's easy to say ''We lost the game because the ref gave a penalty in the last minute''!.
But what happened to the other eighty nine minutes?, if you had a capable team on the park, that penalty could have been just a consolation goal.
Once the referee decides something, you will rarely change their minds, players have enough to think about without trying to argue or influence decisions.
The players job is to stop and score goals, leave the referee to do his job, he is the 'Manager on the pitch'!.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 13, 2015, 07:06:15 am by idler »

I mean decisions by the manager, subs made at the wrong time, wrong formation, players shooting when a team mate is square on with a tap in.
Managers need good luck like anybody else, but you won't be lucky for a full season you will get your share good and bad like all the other teams.
Hound, Referee's do effect the outcome of games when they are really tight, sometimes in your favour sometimes against, how i see it you can't legislate for what a referee decides, they make mistakes but also get decisions right that most of us wouldn't see.

It's easy to say ''We lost the game because the ref gave a penalty in the last minute''!.
But what happened to the other eighty nine minutes?, if you had a capable team on the park, that penalty could have been just a consolation goal.
Once the referee decides something, you will rarely change their minds, players have enough to think about without trying to argue or influence decisions.
The players job is to stop and score goals, leave the referee to do his job, he is the 'Manager on the pitch'!.
I take it that you missed the 3-4 home defeat against Portsmouth then Sammy? 😉

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 13, 2015, 09:57:44 am by TheFunk »

I take it that you missed the 3-4 home defeat against Portsmouth then Sammy? 😉

That is the only match where I have thought there were darker forces at work. A couple of years ago when there were arrests made for match fixing, I kept half expecting this match to have been mentioned.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 13, 2015, 10:15:26 am by idler »
Me as well. How he could give four iffy goals including a penalty that never was to the same team stinks. Not to mention the red card when there was a full back coming across to cover.
I wonder what Sir Alex or Mourinho would have said.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on October 13, 2015, 10:26:41 am by Bentley Bullet »
That Portsmouth game was confirmation of what I've been claiming for years, much against opinions on this forum.

The Championship years were the most obvious, although cheating still gets rewarded in league one, (Bristol City at home last season, and Sheffield united home and away last season).

Rovers were 'unfavoured' in 46 league games the last time we were in the Championship.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 13, 2015, 11:06:35 am by drfchound »
I am with you on this BB.
Some of the decisions against us have been really questionable.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012