Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:06:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Unacceptable  (Read 8402 times)

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
Re: Unacceptable
« Reply #30 on October 25, 2015, 08:55:56 am by sheffield exile1 »
I was there yesterday (well up to 4.45). It reminded me of the Cardiff away 0-7, and yes i was there as well, in the relegation year, yes it was that bad. Also as someone at Shrewsbury, we were frail there and gave away a sloppy goal, them having 2 in the first half missing the post by inches, so a good win thanks to Keshi, but not a stroll in the park by any means!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 25, 2015, 09:14:22 am by dickos1 »
You weren't there Dickos.
Several times Peterborough simply knocked the ball over or past our defence and their quicker forwards ran past Butler or McCulloch and were through on goal.
Thank God that for the most part they missed their chances or Stuckman saved or it would have been a cricket score, far worse than the games you mention.

I've been saying that ever since the game finished that we struggled with the ball over the top due to the high line of our defence
But yorkiered who was there says that's wrong, it wasn't an issue at all

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 25, 2015, 10:13:41 am by Yorkiered »
Several times Peterborough simply knocked the ball over or past our defence and their quicker forwards ran past Butler or McCulloch and were through on goal.
Thank God that for the most part they missed their chances or Stuckman saved or it would have been a cricket score, far worse than the games you mention.

I've been saying that ever since the game finished that we struggled with the ball over the top due to the high line of our defence

No dickos it was an issue but it wasn't the sole issue as you seem to think.
The main issues yesterday were lack of skill and lack of passion.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 25, 2015, 10:43:38 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It seems both under Dickov, Jones and now Ferguson, we have a problem implementing a game plan. We all know every player has to be switched on and if a couple are not at th races then the performance disintegrates.

I think DF is shrewd enough to address the problems he's already identified. I suspect we'll see some player movement with loans quite soon.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 25, 2015, 11:23:57 am by BobG »
Just why did you bother coming back on this forum Yorkie? Just like last time, you offer nothing of any value whatsoever. All I ever see from you is moan, moan, moan. Never even just one sensible idea about how to progress, about possible causes, solutions, ambitions, objectives. You don't do the research, you don't do the thinking either.  The first time you engage in some thought, rather than knee jerk reacting to events around you, I'll buy you a beer. But so far, you continue to be one very tiresome and very repetitive fellow you know.

BobG

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 25, 2015, 11:32:37 am by Yorkiered »
Just why did you bother coming back on this forum Yorkie? Just like last time, you offer nothing of any value whatsoever. All I ever see from you is moan, moan, moan. Never even just one sensible idea about how to progress, about possible causes, solutions, ambitions, objectives. You don't do the research, you don't do the thinking either.  The first time you engage in some thought, rather than knee jerk reacting to events around you, I'll buy you a beer. But so far, you continue to be one very tiresome and very repetitive fellow you know.

BobG

Sorry Bob but as a supporter who actually attends games I think that entitles me to have a moan.
Had you travelled to Peterborough yesterday to watch us play maybe just maybe you might have moaned as well.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 25, 2015, 01:34:49 pm by dickos1 »

Nobody has suggested it was the sole issue, gaz said he guessed it was an issue you replied saying he had guessed wrong
Now you're changing your argument to suit

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 25, 2015, 01:44:24 pm by Yorkiered »

Nobody has suggested it was the sole issue, gaz said he guessed it was an issue you replied saying he had guessed wrong
Now you're changing your argument to suit

OK I give in. We lost yesterday because we tried to play too high a defensive line.
If that makes you happy fair enough.  :facepalm:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on October 25, 2015, 01:53:01 pm by dickos1 »
Nobody has said that,
Jesus you're hard work
It was an issue an obvious issue apparent to everybody apart from you it seems

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on October 25, 2015, 02:25:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I thought it was not the players and not the manager but the Directors to blame?

Did they play a high line? I'm confused.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 25, 2015, 02:31:10 pm by IDM »
Our defence was shocking yesterday, and the main culprit was Butler, who should should have been leading the pack.  That we got no protection from the ref cannot hide that we were easily second best in all departments.  I thought the early booking for Wellens took away his edge, Chaplow and Stewart ineffective in the first half, and no coherent attacking play (until we were 3 and 4-0 down when it was too late).

Lund looked out of his depth - not criticising him ans he got little cover from the midfielders ahead of him.

Coppinger looked lively at times but gets an "assist" for their 4th goal IMHO.

It was one of those games where in addition to being second best, we were getting no rub of the green, and no decisions.  Their no 12 was wrestling Tyson and Williams and getting away with it, and should have been sent off for the late challenge on Tyson.

At 2-0 and against 10 we may (I say may cautiously) have had a chance to get back into the game.  The 3rd goal killed that, the rebound from the first shot teeing up their scorer perfectly.

We were unlucky not to score with Tyson and Forrester, but that would have only been a consolation.  Tyson was our best player by miles.

On the "lucky pint" thread I said there would be loads of hyperbole on the forum and I wasn't wrong.

Yes, the game was bad and we were deservedly well beaten, but it was nowhere near as bad as say Fleetwood 0-0 at home last season.

Neither is it the end of the world.  Ferguson has a lot of work to do, but we do have options with using Tyson and Forrester, get Keegan on the pitch too.  I would loan in an experienced RB tomorrow if I could, but otherwise this squad can, and will, do better under DF.

As for wanting a refund, with football you pay your money and take your choice.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 25, 2015, 02:47:53 pm by Yorkiered »
I thought it was not the players and not the manager but the Directors to blame?

Did they play a high line? I'm confused.

And the award for the most childish post of the day goes to..................... :crying: :crying:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 25, 2015, 02:50:41 pm by IDM »
For f**ks sake give it a rest and debate the football!!!

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 25, 2015, 03:03:39 pm by lee.j09 »

BobG

Adding value to a forum??

It's about opinions not adding value...

Strange thing to say

TinyPortal © 2005-2012